Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Electrical

Electrical Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's electrical system.

Site Search:

Old 09-16-2013

Default PACS 1500 INVERTER CHALLANGE

Is there anybody out there with a working knowledge or experience with the old PACS 1500 inverter?
Mine just stopped working a couple of weeks ago. It was not in use at the time. I attempted to turn it on and nothing, zip, zero, zilch, nada. . I really don’t need it and I know that they are long out of business. Luckily I'm back in business with a Xantrex 458 that I had installed as a charger only a couple of years ago - realizing that someday the PACS may croak. Well it croaked
As a free time, nuttin’ to do, just putzin’ around project I would like to see if it can be made operational again. I took a look inside and see no visible signs of anything that would cause the malfunction. The remote control at the driver’s area functions just as always had and appears to indicate the unit is operating - but no a/c output. I did a continuity check on the remote harness and find it to be good. I can bring it to Pine Mt. if anybody wants to have a look see, and offer some advise other than the obvious “SCRAP IT”.
"Bordering On Adequate"
Old 09-16-2013
Burnin Up in Az. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCSS View Post
just putzin’ around
Oh.. I thought you called?
eMail=Mike.Putz@cox.net | Web=http://mikeputz.com/
Solar = https://www.solarpenny.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=257

FMCA #236459, Good Sam #17270530, Vintage Birds #1509
Old 09-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCSS View Post
Is there anybody out there with a working knowledge or experience with the old PACS 1500 inverter?
Mine just stopped working a couple of weeks ago. It was not in use at the time. I attempted to turn it on and nothing, zip, zero, zilch, nada. . I really don’t need it and I know that they are long out of business. Luckily I'm back in business with a Xantrex 458 that I had installed as a charger only a couple of years ago - realizing that someday the PACS may croak. Well it croaked
As a free time, nuttin’ to do, just putzin’ around project I would like to see if it can be made operational again. I took a look inside and see no visible signs of anything that would cause the malfunction. The remote control at the driver’s area functions just as always had and appears to indicate the unit is operating - but no a/c output. I did a continuity check on the remote harness and find it to be good. I can bring it to Pine Mt. if anybody wants to have a look see, and offer some advise other than the obvious “SCRAP IT”.
I know mine goes into a standby mode when not in use. I actually have to move the electric curtains or put some kind of AC load on it to make it produce 120AC
Westchester Sandblast
Old 09-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas_sorrentino View Post
I know mine goes into a standby mode when not in use. I actually have to move the electric curtains or put some kind of AC load on it to make it produce 120AC
Tried that before removal - no luck - thanx.
BTW - the Xantrex has an adjustable standby trigger point which could be set at 0. Nice feature . I elected not to set it ay 0 figuring it would be too sensitive and maybe kick in & out (while in motion) without any load. I believe the setting I picked was 5 watts. I'll see how that works out. Next move is putting 300 amp DC fuse in the feed line. Expect parts arrival by end of week.
"Bordering On Adequate"
Old 09-17-2013

I have the owners manual for the PAC if you need it. I can look and see if it has a schematic in it.
Brooks, GA
Kip Cindy & Cody
678-523-7920
Old 09-17-2013

On our PACS the harness had an intermittent connection where the harness connects to the inverter. Cleaned the contacts and now the unit works well.

Bill
Cat 3208ATAAC-300
12.5kw Kohler/Yanmar (w/slide)
"Magic carpet made of steel"
Steve Goodman 1970

"You never fail until you stop trying".
Old 09-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by atckip View Post
I have the owners manual for the PAC if you need it. I can look and see if it has a schematic in it.
Bring it to Pine Mt. Thanx
"Bordering On Adequate"