Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > General

General Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach that are not covered in other Mechanic's Corner categories (ex. refrigerators, water heaters, and compressors).

Site Search:

Old 1 Week Ago

Default Microphore Toilet

I was cleaning the bowl with a brush and got the brush caught in the flap closing so I waited and flushed again and got it out. But now the water drains and won’t stay! What have I damaged and how do I fix it?
sskhosravi@gmail.com
www.coddiwomplers.org
Old 1 Week Ago

Default Toilet leaking

I will bet you broke the flapper cam when the brush was in the throat you will need to remove the toilet and take it out of the bus tip it upside down you will see a round wheel with a arm on it the wheel is broke or the arm broke off Dupree has the cams or you can get one from the manufacture the still make them a real pain to fix
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Wells View Post
I will bet you broke the flapper cam when the brush was in the throat you will need to remove the toilet and take it out of the bus tip it upside down you will see a round wheel with a arm on it the wheel is broke or the arm broke off Dupree has the cams or you can get one from the manufacture the still make them a real pain to fix
Thank you for responding. The flap still functions just doesn’t hold the water! It drains in 30 seconds or so. Is it possible the arm is just bent?
sskhosravi@gmail.com
www.coddiwomplers.org
Old 1 Week Ago

I would put on a latex gloves and go in there and feel if there is any kind of indent on the flapper or the corresponding seal.
If no indent, maybe dab some silicone grease on them with said glove. If you do feel a indent I'd call https://mullaney-associates.com/ and see what they say. You'll probably get some young sounding lady that knows your toilet inside and out.

Randy & Deborah Turner
'97 WLWB 43'
"horizons..."

Travel Blog
Old 1 Week Ago

The flapper disk will rotate. Try turning it a few times and it may start sealing again. Had to do this after Terry cleaned the toilet flapper. Good luck.

Lance and Terry Wilson
Decatur, Al
1994 WB
1979 FC31
1983 PT40 (Sold)
Lance.wilson59@gmail.com
386-785-5551
Old 1 Week Ago

Not sure if this is your issue but calcium build up will cause a leak in the bowl also . Pour some CLR " calcium Lime Rust in there with water . It took us just about the whole jug to get it all . Good Luck . If you need a new toilet I have a extra

2000 LXI Single Slide (sold)
1999 Prevost Vantare 45

Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com
Old 1 Week Ago

From my experience I would try everything that was suggested here short of uninstalling the toilet, then give it some time even a few weeks or so of living with the problem; double flush just before when the water is needed. Mine starting draining out the water, tried everything mentioned here and none of it helped, then one day it started working again and has been working ever since for months now. You could also order another rubber seal that glues on the plastic flapper, I did but before I could use it the toilet started working again. I came within days of ordering another toilet too.
Old 6 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
From my experience I would try everything that was suggested here short of uninstalling the toilet, then give it some time even a few weeks or so of living with the problem; double flush just before when the water is needed. Mine starting draining out the water, tried everything mentioned here and none of it helped, then one day it started working again and has been working ever since for months now. You could also order another rubber seal that glues on the plastic flapper, I did but before I could use it the toilet started working again. I came within days of ordering another toilet too.
Sound advice, thank you.
sskhosravi@gmail.com
www.coddiwomplers.org