Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues)

PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your PT or WB model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it....list your PT Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 02-14-2019

Made it to the Bus today and looking at no-start problem. Great advice everyone. I started by checking for loose connections, although some corrosion, all seems tight. I then opened the rear start box because that was how I was starting bus. Once I got box opened, I looked over fusses, all good, I then pulled the switched power relay and found it burnt. I will be replacing, but looking for suggestions on where this issue should point me. What was the cause of burnt relay?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	97WB43Bus_RearStartBox.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	60227   Click image for larger version

Name:	97WB43_RelayRearstartBox.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	60228  
1997 WB43
1977 FC31 RB Sold

"The tallest guy with the shortest bus acquired a "BIG BUSTA"

<bustadesign@hotmail.com>
Old 02-14-2019

Quote:
Made it to the Bus today and looking at no-start problem. Great advice everyone. I started by checking for loose connections, although some corrosion, all seems tight. I then opened the rear start box because that was how I was starting bus. Once I got box opened, I looked over fusses, all good, I then pulled the switched power relay and found it burnt. I will be replacing, but looking for suggestions on where this issue should point me. What was the cause of burnt relay?

I was diagnosing why my hydraulic cooler fans did not come on and this led me to the rear electrical box also. I also found the SWITCH POWER relay with the case burnt and non operable, probably from being overloaded. The two Hayden cooler fans are the likely culprit. The ABS system is also powered from this relay. I replaced mine and so far it has been holding up fine, but I believe the fans seldom come on. The Kysor temperature switch that controls has a 160 F degree set point and temperature readings I've taken on the fluid reservoir have never reached that. Just replace it and test your cooler fans by jumping over the contacts on the Kysor switch in the bottom of the fluid reservoir and you should hear them turn on. Your ABS light on the transmission shifter panel will also light up when you start up, which is normal.

Andy & Jean Harmon
Dakota (our Aussie traveling buddy)
Beverly Hills, FL
1996 WB42
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Dave call me when you have a few minutes to talk. I think I could give you some clues and help you with some of your issues. 817-929-3443
2000 LXI "Fort R #5"
Fort Worth, Tx gardendoc@aol.com
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Great to have a friendly, sympathetic previous owner. Only with the Blue Birders The old 97 will be on the road again soon...
1997 WB43
1977 FC31 RB Sold

Old 4 Weeks Ago

An update to this thread about the continuing process of bringing my coach back to life and ready for some trouble free travel. After blowing the ignition circuit and finding a burnt breaker, I decided to put my new battery load tester to use and check the coach batteries. Knowing that they are due to be replaced, I was interested to see how bad they were. The load tester showed all batteries were all well below 13.4v and CCA 's were all down to less than 100. All bad.
Next was the difficult job of getting the trays slid out to test the back battery posts. It was a struggle because the rollers were all seized / rusted and gunked tight. Interesting how the battery compartment is right behind axle and is fully exposed to the spray from the tires. A lot of PB Blaster and some muscleing got them loose. Well the lower back battery was the worst of the worst ...see pic. This might explain a lot of the crazy electrical things going on. So while Im in there, (can't help myself), I decided to pull all the trays and support boxes out to have them sandblasted and powder coated. I hate the idea of all new batteries in those grimy trays. Well anyway, I invested in a 24" breaker bar to get'r done.
I am putting up the original link http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...ad.php?t=28929 from a very valuable thread from Clint on diagramming these circuits. They have been very helpful and are making this process a lot easier.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WB43_AGMcoachBat.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	60300   Click image for larger version

Name:	97WB43_AGMburntpost.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	60301   Click image for larger version

Name:	97WB43_Batterytrays.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	170.4 KB
ID:	60302  
1997 WB43
1977 FC31 RB Sold

Old 4 Weeks Ago
"Master Of None"

Pb blaster and skippy peanut butter.the butter keeps the pb blaster on the part. I use skipy over a diesel fuel spray to re oil dry grease and grime when cleaning old dry caked parts
a SOB with a LXi