Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M450 (Unique Issues)

M450 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M450 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M450 Parts here too. NO DISCUSSION OF ANY OF THE M450 LAWSUITS ALLOWED HERE.

Site Search:

Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
Well just how heavy is she? Well I will tell you.

Weighed during the recovery run, empty of personal belongings but full of fuel and full of water....
Seems reasonable
Cape Cod,ma
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
So the email group is not working for new 450 owners.

Well I don't think I can agree entirely with that. Most new owners get referred to the to the email chain by the previous owners and are accepted with open arms.

The biggest problem is that my emails only go back 16 months so how many important tid bits did I miss. Every new owner starts new. The knowledge base is not preserved well.

In my opinion, a better tack to bring the wayward flock over is to abstain from stating the obvious negatives of maintaining an exclusive email chain and to encourage them to come to a place that wants them, that they are welcome and a place that will be here (consistently) for along time.

It seems like negatives create debate, sometimes confrontational where positives inspire conversation many time productive. Just my opinion...

Buck Jackson
Tallahassee, Florida
2006 M450 Lxi

Last edited by Buck; 1 Week Ago at 09:54 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crit Bliss View Post
Seems reasonable

It was about 2000 lb heavier before the recall.

Buck Jackson
Tallahassee, Florida
2006 M450 Lxi
Old 1 Week Ago
ANOTHER REDNECK

Wow

love me some 450-------------- dont know if i ever will trade up but man them numbers are not bad with todays tires

nice units

for sure top of end of blue bird line

so no air on slides how does it seal

please let me know as i am going to change my slide to no air right now!!!!!!!!!!!
Just a Hobby Shop now-Bird Repairs upon Appt and my Schedule -USAR Retired
Pleasanton Tx 78064
Do not use PM... please use
rwoody@fullnet.net
http://www.ebay.com/usr/woody19571

Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck View Post
...Every new owner starts new. The knowledge base is not preserved well... encourage them to come to a place that wants them, that they are welcome and a place that will be here (consistently) for along time. It seems like negatives create debate, sometimes confrontational - where positives inspire conversation many times productive. Just my opinion...
Have told newbies many times that one of the most valuable parts of the WOG is it’s SEARCH function. Learning to use it opens a vast pool of model specific knowledge, one that I still refer to often. Before I begin ANY task, even simple ones - I use SEARCH to see what’s been done before. Invariably, something unexpectedly helpful pops up from years ago - from a time long before my BB tenure, where I don’t even recognize the contributors names. I’m certain a decade or two from now, the same thing will be happening and my name will be the long ago forgotten handle. It would be awesome for your group if your entire email chain could be ported over to the WOG, if nothing more than to gain that ability.

There will always be naysayers, trolls and critics. But on the WOG, they will be a very small and insignificant minority. Tell your cohorts “We want them onboard and we’ll be nice!”. I for one would love to read how your email chain “members” have delt with their “issues”. Perceived negatives tend to happen when new designs and innovative systems are being developed, especially while the bugs are worked out. To build a vehicle that can do things no other coach is even remotely capable of doing (still! ) creates unintended side effects, good and bad. I’ve delt with and solved weight & balance issues, fixed melted ball joint boots & bad brakes, and updated just a couple items . Some were anticipated, some not. But ALL were learning experiences and part of the evolution. Contrary to popular belief, that process doesn’t and shouldn’t stop when a coach is delivered. Our manufacturer support is long gone, but thankfully the WOG is here and will be for a very long time.

In my case and after almost 5 years , I now have a coach that when I step out into the garage she whispers “Come on, let’s go, I’m ready! What are you waiting for?” Hopefully, yours is saying the same thing .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E253BC60-FCAA-4E28-AAAE-F2A4D1D159A3.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	191.7 KB
ID:	60658