Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > General Discussion > New Members

New Members New members to the forum are welcomed here.

Site Search:

Old 02-21-2021
Administrator

Great recollection Chris,
I also remember it was out there but couldn't find it or remember where or when, , How could we forget Wasted Wages.
Old 02-21-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
I finally remembered where I had seen it.
https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...ad.php?t=27049
Yep, that was the one I was thinking of, but I couldn't find it. Good Job Chris.

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX ME 2020 to Present
'93 WLWB 2008 to 2020
Bluebird of Happiness
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Old 02-22-2021

Default Yup!!!

That's the one!!!! Even looks like some of the same pics may have been used in the listing.
https://yupyi.com/details.php?id=18003344

While I'd love to pursue further...I can't take the risk.

As far as what I'm looking for....PT38, PT40, or a Widebody. (Would consider Foretravel and Newell as well.) Mid to late nineties model year....as this helps keep it in the budget.
As a disabled veteran on a pension, I do not have an open checkbook. It's taken a long time to save enough money for this next venture in our life. I have an 22 year old son with Down Syndrome with dreams of experiencing a variety of opportunities. (A real Pow Wow, being a ranch hand, riding horses, fishing anywhere, etc. etc) We want to show him the U.S. and all it's coolness...
And, this will also be our home for a while as we will be selling our place in Michigan in search of a warmer climate to call home. (Wife and son both have health issues which necessitate relocation to milder climate)

The plan is to travel the U.S. looking for a new community to call home as well.

It's apparent this group and forum are super helpful and tight knit so I share the details of our story simply to be clear about our position and budget. I do not want to waste anybodies time or efforts.

Thank you all,

Jake
Old 02-22-2021
Administrator

Good plan, Don't give up Jake. There are lots of Birds in Michigan and closer states than the West coast. Visit the Shipshewana Rally in early June to see different models.
Old 02-22-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkthsnke View Post
That's the one!!!! Even looks like some of the same pics may have been used in the listing.
https://yupyi.com/details.php?id=18003344

While I'd love to pursue further...I can't take the risk.

As far as what I'm looking for....PT38, PT40, or a Widebody. (Would consider Foretravel and Newell as well.) Mid to late nineties model year....as this helps keep it in the budget.
As a disabled veteran on a pension, I do not have an open checkbook. It's taken a long time to save enough money for this next venture in our life. I have an 22 year old son with Down Syndrome with dreams of experiencing a variety of opportunities. (A real Pow Wow, being a ranch hand, riding horses, fishing anywhere, etc. etc) We want to show him the U.S. and all it's coolness...
And, this will also be our home for a while as we will be selling our place in Michigan in search of a warmer climate to call home. (Wife and son both have health issues which necessitate relocation to milder climate)

The plan is to travel the U.S. looking for a new community to call home as well.

It's apparent this group and forum are super helpful and tight knit so I share the details of our story simply to be clear about our position and budget. I do not want to waste anybodies time or efforts.

Thank you all,

Jake
If your looking for a mid 90's then you can't go wrong on this one. And it is close enough to drive down and look it over.
https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...771#post513771

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX ME 2020 to Present
'93 WLWB 2008 to 2020
Bluebird of Happiness
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Old 02-22-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkthsnke View Post
Hello All,
Saw an ad on the web listing a 1986 Wanderlodge PT38.
Has anybody heard of this unit? Has anybody heard of Stromboli Shipping LTD? (They are acting broker for the unit)
It's located in Tacoma, WA. I live in Michigan and am doing some back checking for legitamacy.
Regards,
Jake
There’s an ad for the same coach listed as being for sale by owner in San Bernardino, CA for $12,200. Same pictures and pretty much the same description as ebay ad that was referred to on WOG back in 2016 when it was listed for $45k. Stromboli Shipping is a legit UK company (in the pasta business) but the name has been associated with some questionable antique cars listings (discussed in Antique Cars of America forum). This set of ads has a funny smell all over them. caveat emptor

Jim
hexspeed@aol.com
Phone # in Member Profile
Old 02-22-2021

Hello All,
To those who reached out and offered assistance....Many Thanks!!!

I'm mechanically savvy but have no practical experience with motorcoaches, just travel trailers. So, the offered experience and tutelage is a welcome treat.
The listing in Indiana moves out of the length limit of 40 ft and my budget. (You guys are quick on the draw!!! sharing a listing within a day of me inquiring)
Will certainly check out the Shipshewana Rally for the experience as well. Will continue the hunt and send more questions as they arise.

Thank you all!

Regards,

Jake