Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV

Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV Ready to take the plunge or looking to upgrade and you have questions? Folks are standing by ready to help.

Site Search:

Old 4 Weeks Ago

We bought Sam and Ellen's wanderlodge, formally Kurt and Sally's. Great folks. Probably going to the shipshwana rally for a few days to meet folks.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
John Wyatt – Administrator/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch44875 View Post
We bought Sam and Ellen's wanderlodge, formally Kurt and Sally's. Great folks. Probably going to the shipshwana rally for a few days to meet folks.
Congratulations!

Don’t forget to update your signature.
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Congrats!
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Congrats Dennis. I guess I played a role in selling this bus both times, when Sally sold it to Sam and Ellen and now to you and Melissa. I am glad you bought it and are keeping it close. In a way it is hard to see that bus going down the road or parked in a site at a campground, because it will never have Kurt at the wheel again. Kurt and Sally and us had great times and we miss Kurt dearly. However, when you bring the bus around and we see it again, we will all be reminded of those great memories and I can only imagine the memories we will have of the two of you.

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX
'93 WLWB (Sold)
Bluebird of Happiness
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Old 4 Weeks Ago

It’s not a bus. When my mom passed I had to sell her Buick. It’s was fairly new. This was last year. We sold it to a good friend of my wife. I see it every now and then and it’s hard.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanmarycamilleri View Post
What is " close enough"
I bought mine in Florida, I live on Vancouver Island. Flew there, drove it home 3300 miles. If you only look buses that are close, you limit your choices. The money that you spend in travel could easily be saved if you buy the right Wanderlodge.
That bus looks good, but you might regret not widening your scope.
I live rural Saskatchewan Canada And bought mine in Oregon. I paid 1/2 of your price and got a water damaged mess. But it's what I could afford. If you want it, go get it, (but don't be in a hurry)! Beat the **** out of the Dealership. It might take 2 or 3 trips. get them to fix it or drop the price. If they don't, walk away (for now). Talk again in a couple of weeks. People don't line up to pay that kind of money for a 30 year old coach, because they don't know what it is.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlcanuck View Post
I live rural Saskatchewan Canada And bought mine in Oregon. I paid 1/2 of your price and got a water damaged mess. But it's what I could afford. If you want it, go get it, (but don't be in a hurry)! Beat the **** out of the Dealership. It might take 2 or 3 trips. get them to fix it or drop the price. If they don't, walk away (for now). Talk again in a couple of weeks. People don't line up to pay that kind of money for a 30 year old coach, because they don't know what it is.
That is what I did. Beat the **** out of the dealer. They wanted close to top $ for mine. It’s had some rust issues and bad paint. Would not budge on the price. I pulled out a certified check and took it back. Went back and forth with them. In the end they did about 20k worth of work to it. Short of tires it was road ready. Got the tires and it was good for almost a year. Now I’m putting batteries and inverter in along with a dozen other improvements. Plan to start remediating the rust slowly, soon. That and patch up the bad paint as nice as I can.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Administrator

Quote:
Congratulations, Pretty Bus, Call Sam at the campground get a space or wait list, only 3,4 hour drive, see ya in June Shipshewana.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Congratulations
Cape Cod,ma
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
Congrats Dennis. I guess I played a role in selling this bus both times, when Sally sold it to Sam and Ellen and now to you and Melissa. I am glad you bought it and are keeping it close. In a way it is hard to see that bus going down the road or parked in a site at a campground, because it will never have Kurt at the wheel again. Kurt and Sally and us had great times and we miss Kurt dearly. However, when you bring the bus around and we see it again, we will all be reminded of those great memories and I can only imagine the memories we will have of the two of you.
Thanks a bunch for helping out!