Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV

Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV Ready to take the plunge or looking to upgrade and you have questions? Folks are standing by ready to help.

Site Search:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #41  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Stretch44875 Stretch44875 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Tiro
Posts: 44
Default

We bought Sam and Ellen's wanderlodge, formally Kurt and Sally's. Great folks. Probably going to the shipshwana rally for a few days to meet folks.
__________________
Dennis and Melissa Viers
Tiro, Ohio
91 WB40
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Dieselbird01's Avatar
Dieselbird01 Dieselbird01 is offline
John Wyatt – Administrator/Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Titusville
Posts: 3,984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch44875 View Post
We bought Sam and Ellen's wanderlodge, formally Kurt and Sally's. Great folks. Probably going to the shipshwana rally for a few days to meet folks.
Congratulations!

Don’t forget to update your signature.
__________________
John Wyatt
Titusville, Florida
1991 40' WLWB-WTB
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
badandy badandy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: delavan
Posts: 2,906
Default

Congrats!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
isp2952's Avatar
isp2952 isp2952 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 1520 N. Binkley Rd., Larwill, IN 46764
Posts: 6,505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch44875 View Post
We bought Sam and Ellen's wanderlodge, formally Kurt and Sally's. Great folks. Probably going to the shipshwana rally for a few days to meet folks.
Congrats Dennis. I guess I played a role in selling this bus both times, when Sally sold it to Sam and Ellen and now to you and Melissa. I am glad you bought it and are keeping it close. In a way it is hard to see that bus going down the road or parked in a site at a campground, because it will never have Kurt at the wheel again. Kurt and Sally and us had great times and we miss Kurt dearly. However, when you bring the bus around and we see it again, we will all be reminded of those great memories and I can only imagine the memories we will have of the two of you.
__________________

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX
'93 WLWB (Sold)
Bluebird of Happiness
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
ChrisRasman ChrisRasman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Fort Myers
Posts: 827
Default

It’s not a bus. When my mom passed I had to sell her Buick. It’s was fairly new. This was last year. We sold it to a good friend of my wife. I see it every now and then and it’s hard.
__________________
Christopher Rasmussen
USN Ret
Fort Myers, FLORIDA
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
djlcanuck djlcanuck is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Coleville
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanmarycamilleri View Post
What is " close enough"
I bought mine in Florida, I live on Vancouver Island. Flew there, drove it home 3300 miles. If you only look buses that are close, you limit your choices. The money that you spend in travel could easily be saved if you buy the right Wanderlodge.
That bus looks good, but you might regret not widening your scope.
I live rural Saskatchewan Canada And bought mine in Oregon. I paid 1/2 of your price and got a water damaged mess. But it's what I could afford. If you want it, go get it, (but don't be in a hurry)! Beat the **** out of the Dealership. It might take 2 or 3 trips. get them to fix it or drop the price. If they don't, walk away (for now). Talk again in a couple of weeks. People don't line up to pay that kind of money for a 30 year old coach, because they don't know what it is.
__________________
Doug Long
Coleville, SK
96 WB42
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
ChrisRasman ChrisRasman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Fort Myers
Posts: 827
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlcanuck View Post
I live rural Saskatchewan Canada And bought mine in Oregon. I paid 1/2 of your price and got a water damaged mess. But it's what I could afford. If you want it, go get it, (but don't be in a hurry)! Beat the **** out of the Dealership. It might take 2 or 3 trips. get them to fix it or drop the price. If they don't, walk away (for now). Talk again in a couple of weeks. People don't line up to pay that kind of money for a 30 year old coach, because they don't know what it is.
That is what I did. Beat the **** out of the dealer. They wanted close to top $ for mine. It’s had some rust issues and bad paint. Would not budge on the price. I pulled out a certified check and took it back. Went back and forth with them. In the end they did about 20k worth of work to it. Short of tires it was road ready. Got the tires and it was good for almost a year. Now I’m putting batteries and inverter in along with a dozen other improvements. Plan to start remediating the rust slowly, soon. That and patch up the bad paint as nice as I can.
__________________
Christopher Rasmussen
USN Ret
Fort Myers, FLORIDA
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Bill Pape's Avatar
Bill Pape Bill Pape is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Commerce
Posts: 11,613
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch44875 View Post
We bought Sam and Ellen's wanderlodge, formally Kurt and Sally's. Great folks. Probably going to the shipshwana rally for a few days to meet folks.
Congratulations, Pretty Bus, Call Sam at the campground get a space or wait list, only 3,4 hour drive, see ya in June Shipshewana.
__________________
Bill & Patty
1988 FC, Silver Edition
Commerce, Michigan
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Crit Bliss's Avatar
Crit Bliss Crit Bliss is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cape Cod
Posts: 4,206
Default

Congratulations
__________________
Crit Bliss
'80FC33
250T
Cape Cod,ma
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Stretch44875 Stretch44875 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Tiro
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
Congrats Dennis. I guess I played a role in selling this bus both times, when Sally sold it to Sam and Ellen and now to you and Melissa. I am glad you bought it and are keeping it close. In a way it is hard to see that bus going down the road or parked in a site at a campground, because it will never have Kurt at the wheel again. Kurt and Sally and us had great times and we miss Kurt dearly. However, when you bring the bus around and we see it again, we will all be reminded of those great memories and I can only imagine the memories we will have of the two of you.
Thanks a bunch for helping out!
__________________
Dennis and Melissa Viers
Tiro, Ohio
91 WB40
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Generator Saga Continues Ironbutt62 Generators 0 06-01-2017 04:56 AM
Let the saga begin- Hot water tank time badblueheeler HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters 21 09-23-2013 05:03 PM
3208 Continuing Saga Jim Magowan Engine 18 08-08-2012 11:06 AM
LA saga in my FC 1derer Electrical 26 08-18-2011 12:26 PM
The saga continues... Paul Engine 29 05-16-2010 11:19 PM

Web Search:

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.