Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics

Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics Good Places To Stop For Repairs And Maintenance, Mobile Mechanics, Or Bad Places To Avoid Too -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please add the names of facilities that you can recommend for service and repairs for a 'Bird, or those places to avoid for the same things. Be sure to give as much information as you can....... NAME OF BUSINESS..... BUSINESS LOCATION..... BUSINESS PHONE NUMBER..... BUSINESS CONTACT PERSON..... YEAR/ MODEL/ENGINE/TRANS OF 'BIRD WORKED ON..... WHAT ARE THEIR HOURLY REPAIR RATES..... SERVICE WAS GOOD, OR BAD..... WHAT KIND OF SERVICE, OR REPAIR WAS DONE..... REASON YOU RECOMMEND, OR AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM..... YOUR NAME..... Here is a tip about how to post your record and comments. First copy the topics above and then open a "New Thread" with the NAME OF THE BUSINESS and/or the TOWN WHERE THE BUSINESS IS LOCATED, then paste what you just copied there and then fill in the information.

Site Search:

Old 09-20-2018

Default Broke down in Erie PA

I lost a hydraulic line in Erie PA. Looking for a mobile repair guy to change it out. Any ideas of a shop to call? I'm in the Mill Creek Mall.

Thanks

Gary S.
608 739-1296
2001 Jeep Cherokee
2017 Jeep Cherokee
Cell 608 739-1296
Old 09-20-2018
Forum owner

call
www.eriedrivetrain.com/heavyduty.html

they may not be modile,but i bet they know who is.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 09-20-2018
Forum owner

these guys say 24=7
Hydraulic Hose Repair? | Call ParkerStore HOSE DOCTOR‎

Adwww.parker.com/‎

Reduce downtime, anytime with our 24/7/365 mobile hose repair service
1556 W 12th St #400, Erie, PA‎ - (814) 868-0636‎

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 09-20-2018

Boy that was quick Randy! I called and left a message at the Parker place. Hopefully they will call back.

Thanks
2001 Jeep Cherokee
2017 Jeep Cherokee
Cell 608 739-1296
Old 09-20-2018
Forum owner

good luck!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 09-21-2018

Get her fixed Gary?
Brooks, GA
Kip Cindy & Cody
678-523-7920
Old 09-21-2018
Old Guy

I hope you are rolling again.
Thinking about you with good vibes.
314-378-9882
Old 09-21-2018

We are repaired and back on the road, thank you all.

I called the Parker Hose Doctor that Randy found. Left message (after hours) and left message on the emergency cell phone number as well. At 7:30 AM I started calling the counter only getting voice mail. I tried the office prompt and got a guy who said they do indeed have a mobile hose service and he would connect me with the counter guy, if he was in yet. He was in and when asked about the mobile hose truck he said " weeeeee don't do that, you bring the hose in and we make a new hose. Asked him for some recommendations for mobile mechanics and he gave 3 numbers.

First one went to a fax #.

Second one, I left a voice message. Second guy did call back a bit latter and sounded like a nice guy.

Sounded like I woke the third guy (Mark, who turned out to be the owner) up. But after meeting Mark I think that is just the way he is. He didn't seem real excited about the call but said a guy would be there in about an hour. Sure enough in an hour Mike shows up in a dully pickup. Mike isn't much to look at. Hi Vis yellow tee shirt, red suspenders, a bit of a belly, long unkepted beard with matching unkepted long greying and what used to be dark hair. Mike says he a biker but too busy and only got out ride once this summer. Mike put some cardboard down on the wet asphalt and I pointed out the leaking hose and where it went. He crawled around, picked up his cardboard and said he'd be back. Sure enough, 3 hours latter he returns.

Mike is the kind of guy you want to show up. He is not an RV tech, he's a don't care if I get dirty kind of a guy. I offered some Go Jo to clean up a bit before the trip to the Parker store to get a new hose. He said "whats the use, I'll just get dirty latter." Off he goes grease and all.

After the job is complete, Mike wants me to follow him in my Jeep to the place of business so the boss can make out the bill. Really? Off we go. I find Mark behind a desk in the front of an old gas station. I shake Marks hand and tell him I grateful for the service and he is as flat lined as the morning call. From the pictures on the wall Marks dad stated the business, gas station and towing. The pumps are still out front, both of them, but no hoses. The signs on the door states they do PA safety inspections but both bays are cluttered. But they do have pictures of big, nice looking tow trucks on the wall. Towing is their main business, and Mike tows as needed as well as fixing things. I asked about winter snow and the man lit up telling me about the 200 inches they had last year. 5' he said between Christmas and New Year's. I squared up with the man and off I went back to the Shopping Mall where we had been at for the last 24 hours. I really expected a security guy to come by at any minute and tell me to get that thing out of there; never happened.

So, thanks to WOG we're back on the road.

The guy I used: Tom (Mark) Dylewski Towing 814 825-2933 Erie PA
The guy that returned my call: Jim DeHavin 814 774-3802 Erie PA area
2001 Jeep Cherokee
2017 Jeep Cherokee
Cell 608 739-1296
Old 09-21-2018
Forum owner

Not bad!
At least someone called you,and the old hippie fixed you up!
Cool!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 09-22-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary S. View Post
We are repaired and back on the road, thank you all.

I called the Parker Hose Doctor that Randy found. Left message (after hours) and left message on the emergency cell phone number as well. At 7:30 AM I started calling the counter only getting voice mail. I tried the office prompt and got a guy who said they do indeed have a mobile hose service and he would connect me with the counter guy, if he was in yet. He was in and when asked about the mobile hose truck he said " weeeeee don't do that, you bring the hose in and we make a new hose. Asked him for some recommendations for mobile mechanics and he gave 3 numbers.

First one went to a fax #.

Second one, I left a voice message. Second guy did call back a bit latter and sounded like a nice guy.

Sounded like I woke the third guy (Mark, who turned out to be the owner) up. But after meeting Mark I think that is just the way he is. He didn't seem real excited about the call but said a guy would be there in about an hour. Sure enough in an hour Mike shows up in a dully pickup. Mike isn't much to look at. Hi Vis yellow tee shirt, red suspenders, a bit of a belly, long unkepted beard with matching unkepted long greying and what used to be dark hair. Mike says he a biker but too busy and only got out ride once this summer. Mike put some cardboard down on the wet asphalt and I pointed out the leaking hose and where it went. He crawled around, picked up his cardboard and said he'd be back. Sure enough, 3 hours latter he returns.

Mike is the kind of guy you want to show up. He is not an RV tech, he's a don't care if I get dirty kind of a guy. I offered some Go Jo to clean up a bit before the trip to the Parker store to get a new hose. He said "whats the use, I'll just get dirty latter." Off he goes grease and all.

After the job is complete, Mike wants me to follow him in my Jeep to the place of business so the boss can make out the bill. Really? Off we go. I find Mark behind a desk in the front of an old gas station. I shake Marks hand and tell him I grateful for the service and he is as flat lined as the morning call. From the pictures on the wall Marks dad stated the business, gas station and towing. The pumps are still out front, both of them, but no hoses. The signs on the door states they do PA safety inspections but both bays are cluttered. But they do have pictures of big, nice looking tow trucks on the wall. Towing is their main business, and Mike tows as needed as well as fixing things. I asked about winter snow and the man lit up telling me about the 200 inches they had last year. 5' he said between Christmas and New Year's. I squared up with the man and off I went back to the Shopping Mall where we had been at for the last 24 hours. I really expected a security guy to come by at any minute and tell me to get that thing out of there; never happened.

So, thanks to WOG we're back on the road.

The guy I used: Tom (Mark) Dylewski Towing 814 825-2933 Erie PA
The guy that returned my call: Jim DeHavin 814 774-3802 Erie PA area
great Story Gary , Glade it worked out for you . Those guys are priceless

2000 LXI Single Slide
Ormond Beach, Florida
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME
alperna@yahoo.com
386 290 3444
www.fastcubes.com