Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions

Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's Tires, Wheels, Brakes, Steering and Suspensions and related components.

Site Search:

Old 1 Week Ago

Default Slack adjuster part numbers

Does anyone happen to have these at the ready? This is for my old PT, not sure how they changed over the years, but it seems like not much in the 80's. It's pouring rain outside so I figured I would ask before I take them off and try to figure it out. I developed a pull to the right under braking on the way back from WOG and the adjuster on the left side won't hold adjustment and the pawl is hammered. Instead of upgrading to the spring loaded pawl I just want to replace them both. I haven't checked the rears yet, but I'll take those part numbers, too!

BTW air brake stuff should be a topic for a WOG seminar next year. It's really simple stuff, but I think people should know how to at least check adjustment and verify they are working.
Old 1 Week Ago

Has yours been updated to automatic adjusting slacks or still the manuals.
Old 1 Week Ago

All are autos and the fronts look just like the ones in this guide:

https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...ter-Manual.pdf

I wasn't able to get a good look at the ones on the drive axle, but they look like a complete PITA to replace. Tags look easy.
Old 1 Week Ago

Hi Andy,
Once you get the part number, try upgrading to the Gunite model... it is much, much easier to back off than the older "pawl-style" adjusters on the drive axle. There is a cross-refrence at the end of this brochure-
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Gunite-Automatic-Slack-Adjuster-Brochure.pdf (899.4 KB, 45 views)

“Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed”
shanefedeli@gmail.com
717-645-4912
Old 1 Week Ago

Thanks Shane I will check those out. Always looking for an upgraaaaayyyed.