Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > Blue Bird Models and Blue Bird History

Blue Bird Models and Blue Bird History Here's where you can find information related to Blue Bird history. If you have Historical information such as brochures, pictures, advertisements, etc. this is the place to upload them.

Site Search:

Old 1 Week Ago

Default New to me in uk

Good day WOG members
I've been trying to buy a particular bird for 18 months, now I have it, I'm gonna have to fix a few things though, no. 1 is the front jacks, oil pouring out as they go down, if anyone has seal numbers I would be very grateful for the info, built March 1994, plan app. No. 1180, MFR body number 107068, I can't find anyone in uk that knows about a bluebird, so I'm relying on the guys in the States
T.IA.
MICK
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Morgan View Post
Good day WOG members
I've been trying to buy a particular bird for 18 months, now I have it, I'm gonna have to fix a few things though, no. 1 is the front jacks, oil pouring out as they go down, if anyone has seal numbers I would be very grateful for the info, built March 1994, plan app. No. 1180, MFR body number 107068, I can't find anyone in uk that knows about a bluebird, so I'm relying on the guys in the States
T.IA.
MICK
Welcome to the madness
You probably have HWH jacks.
Try calling this company. They could maybe help you.
https://www.hwhcorp.com/
"Pasture Prime"
2018 F150 4x4

Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Morgan View Post
Good day WOG members
T.IA.
MICK
Welcome Mick, we're glad your here. There isnt really a seal. Its "O"rings that keep the fluid where it belongs. If your going to attempt this repair yourself you might just remove the jack and take the "O" rings to your local Spares (auto parts) dealer. Since your in GB you might have some luck with HWH but they dont normally sell repair parts. Good luck and let us know how it turns out with the Jack.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 1 Week Ago

Default Uk bird

Thanks for replying, the good news is from Rick, should not be a problem once they are off the bus
Regards
Mick

Last edited by Mick Morgan; 1 Week Ago at 03:05 PM.
Old 1 Week Ago

Welcome Mick,
It sounds like you have a '94 WB? WB designates a Wanderlodge Wide Body. The only other '94 might be a BMC, which is a good coach but not a Wanderlodge, because the chassis is a Spartan chassis. The body was built by Bluebird, just as the Wanderlodge. When you get up to speed you may wish to fill out your signature completely with the proper information. It will help those of us that want to help you understand what you are trying to fix. It will also keep others from telling you bad information, if they don't know you have a different model or year than you do. Hopefully you will enjoy your coach and be glad you waited all this time to finally obtain it. You may wish to contact another member in the UK. Andy does not have the same coach as you do, he has an M380. It is a Wanderlodge but much different than your model; however, he may have knowledge of where to access some hard to find parts or someone skilled enough to fix things, you may not be able to. Here is his information from his profile page
Andy Robinson
Cramlington, Northumberland (near newcastle upon tyne)
UK

Best of luck.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 1 Week Ago
RV Appraiser

Welcome aboard, just FYI just about any large hydraulic cylinder shop can repair your jacks and it may be cheaper than dealing with HWH from across the pond. If you can get the jack off your bird, be safe used large timbers and a couple large pair of jack stands to support the weight of the bird while you're under there. Be safe. It is worth a try, so look to see what you have there in GB first. Good luck and safe travels. Was that bird built for Europe or was it shipped over, oh heck does it drive on the wrong side of the road. LOL.
Louisville, KY/Jeffersonville, IN
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Our Blog
Our Location
https://allwheelappraisals.com/
Email or call only - please do not send PM

johns.mcginnis @ hotmail.com
502-417-5681
.,=====o00
//___l__,\____\,___
l_--- \___l----[]lllllll[]
_(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_
Old 1 Week Ago

I was told the widebodies are too wide for European standards. That is hear say.
2002 Toyhauler 7.3 diesel
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by birds_first View Post
Welcome aboard, just FYI just about any large hydraulic cylinder shop can repair your jacks and it may be cheaper than dealing with HWH from across the pond. If you can get the jack off your bird, be safe used large timbers and a couple large pair of jack stands to support the weight of the bird while you're under there. Be safe. It is worth a try, so look to see what you have there in GB first. Good luck and safe travels. Was that bird built for Europe or was it shipped over, oh heck does it drive on the wrong side of the road. LOL.
Thanks for reply, my bird was shipped 18 months ago, sitting on the kerb side is not such a pain, however we spend most of our time on the road in mainland Europe so all good
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Moon View Post
I was told the widebodies are too wide for European standards. That is hear say.
We do need to be careful especially at toll booths, easily lose a mirror
Old 1 Week Ago
In The Learning Curve

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
Welcome Mick,
It sounds like you have a '94 WB?
Yep, and a beautiful one at that ... pic of Mick's bird from the FB group.

1995 WB 42 "The Magic Carpet"
Semper Fi
-----------------------------------------