Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:

Old 12-02-2018

That's true and the gang got it done with you too which was incredible!
chip@collectorsco.com / 804-357-4926
1990 SP36 75k
Old 12-02-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
I was saving (yeah right) the big wrench for a door handle on the shop,i have a few old wrenches ear marked foor door handles.
But Carol and i were talking about the second switch required and she asked what i was going to use.
Into my head popped the big wrench,and i told her "i have this big wrench"
She said "perfect" and it is.

My oldest grand daughter brought her boyfriend to t-giving dinner,he was looking around and the Gdaughter said "hes crazy".
(meaning me).
Then i roasted the prime rib with my torch,just to brown it up a bit.
This kid just stared,hes been a little sheltered i think.
Well maybe this is normal for us?
And nobody else?

Don’t all great chefs use a blow torch? Seriously, it’s not crazy. For blowning all kinds of things. Creme brûlée. I mean I’m not saying you aren’t crazy, just saying .

Im still interested in that genny, I’ll call you Monday.
Old 12-03-2018
Forum owner

I went in home depot yesterday and looked up the manager and thanked him and his crew for the great job they did for us during the repairs and cleanup.
I also thanked him for the emails asking if we were ok,since i had not been in the store for 3 days.

He started at me,and then he said "the store emailed you"?
I started laughing and Carol told his i was full of STUFF and no,they didn't email me!

He then told me he almost never gets an "attaboy" from customers,that what he normally gets is complaints.
He said he got lots of complaining customers when they were out of stuff,chain saws,generators and gas cans etc.

People are amazing...

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 12-03-2018

Quote:
I went in home depot yesterday and looked up the manager and thanked him and his crew for the great job they did for us during the repairs and cleanup.
I also thanked him for the emails asking if we were ok,since i had not been in the store for 3 days.

He started at me,and then he said "the store emailed you"?
I started laughing and Carol told his i was full of STUFF and no,they didn't email me!

He then told me he almost never gets an "attaboy" from customers,that what he normally gets is complaints.
He said he got lots of complaining customers when they were out of stuff,chain saws,generators and gas cans etc.

People are amazing...
I admit I don't hesitate to let people know when they screw up. Michele usually just walks the other direction But like you, I always make sure I tell people when they do a good job I think it is important for them to know when they have done a good job. Along with that, I have sent a lot of letters or e-mails to bosses to commend their employees. The employee needs to hear it from their boss too. Hopefully the boss follows through.

Jim and Michele Walters
'93 WLWB
Bluebird of Happiness
F397772
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
2003 Harley Ultra Classic
260-224-1278
Larwill, IN
Old 12-17-2018
Forum owner

on Sat we went down to check the Port St Joe beach lots.
We have a guy staying on one of our lots in exchange for cleaning up the lots.
Hes done a good job but we had never met him until Sat.
On Sat. he was telling us about the mess and the stuff he got out of our lots.

He said he found 6 packs of canned beer,and cokes,and bottles of wine.
The beer store was about 2 long blocks west of us,and by looking at the damage to the store (where everything seemed to have been carried WEST by the storm surge) we are wondering how all that stuff ended up east of the store?
I guess the backwash brought it all back to us?

On the beach across the street is a channel marker bouy,one of those huge red bouys that has a red light on top (its still flashing),these bouys are huge and anchored to the sea floor with a huge chain and a huge weight.
The chain is still attached and i assume the big weight it still on the other end of the chain.
As far as i know,there was no bouys like that in the bay,it came from outside somewhere.

Down by the beer store theres a few houses missing from their foundations and 3-4 more that are on different lots,moved by the water.

Where the houses have been destroyed theres trash everywhere,its not really trash,its clothing,broken furniture,dishes,books and tvs.
Some places look like a landfill.

Downtown in PSJ the cool older homes along the coast are being torn down,all were damaged and i guess condemned,great big houses built in the 60's and 70's,with big lots and nice trees.
The business part of town has about 35% of the stores open and several of the restaurants are open and busy.
The shop keepers and food providers are all upbeat,they are staying,they are in for the long game.
The shop keepers passed the hat and bought xmas lights and decorations and they decorated the town,trying to make things as normal as they can.
The city workers are to busy to even think about doing that stuff this year,so my hats off to the shop keepers.
The Sand Dollar restaurant had 30inchs of water inside,no other real damage,they got the deep fryer cleaned up and served donuts and coffee on the sidewalk for a week,to anybody that needed food.
In Wewa,a town east about 30 miles they are still cooking at the city park and giving free meals to everybody thats hungry.
Grills and other cooking stuff is set up all over.
In the south people cook out a lot,so having guys with fryers and smokers and any other kind of cooking contraption is common.

American flags can be seen flying all over,we are Americans,we will survive.

Its a mess,and will be for a few years,but its getting better.
Lots of RVs are parked at destroyed homes,owners of the homes living in the trailers until the house can be made livable.
Meanwhile they are out picking up trash and raking their yards.
Fema is busy,picking up stuff and hauling it away.

I did not go the 11 miles to Mexico Beach,i just did not want to see anymore destruction...

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 12-17-2018
Timberlake Products Group

Quote:
on Sat we went down to check the Port St Joe beach lots.
We have a guy staying on one of our lots in exchange for cleaning up the lots.
Hes done a good job but we had never met him until Sat.
On Sat. he was telling us about the mess and the stuff he got out of our lots.

He said he found 6 packs of canned beer,and cokes,and bottles of wine.
The beer store was about 2 long blocks west of us,and by looking at the damage to the store (where everything seemed to have been carried WEST by the storm surge) we are wondering how all that stuff ended up east of the store?
I guess the backwash brought it all back to us?

On the beach across the street is a channel marker bouy,one of those huge red bouys that has a red light on top (its still flashing),these bouys are huge and anchored to the sea floor with a huge chain and a huge weight.
The chain is still attached and i assume the big weight it still on the other end of the chain.
As far as i know,there was no bouys like that in the bay,it came from outside somewhere.

Down by the beer store theres a few houses missing from their foundations and 3-4 more that are on different lots,moved by the water.

Where the houses have been destroyed theres trash everywhere,its not really trash,its clothing,broken furniture,dishes,books and tvs.
Some places look like a landfill.

Downtown in PSJ the cool older homes along the coast are being torn down,all were damaged and i guess condemned,great big houses built in the 60's and 70's,with big lots and nice trees.
The business part of town has about 35% of the stores open and several of the restaurants are open and busy.
The shop keepers and food providers are all upbeat,they are staying,they are in for the long game.
The shop keepers passed the hat and bought xmas lights and decorations and they decorated the town,trying to make things as normal as they can.
The city workers are to busy to even think about doing that stuff this year,so my hats off to the shop keepers.
The Sand Dollar restaurant had 30inchs of water inside,no other real damage,they got the deep fryer cleaned up and served donuts and coffee on the sidewalk for a week,to anybody that needed food.
In Wewa,a town east about 30 miles they are still cooking at the city park and giving free meals to everybody thats hungry.
Grills and other cooking stuff is set up all over.
In the south people cook out a lot,so having guys with fryers and smokers and any other kind of cooking contraption is common.

American flags can be seen flying all over,we are Americans,we will survive.

Its a mess,and will be for a few years,but its getting better.
Lots of RVs are parked at destroyed homes,owners of the homes living in the trailers until the house can be made livable.
Meanwhile they are out picking up trash and raking their yards.
Fema is busy,picking up stuff and hauling it away.

I did not go the 11 miles to Mexico Beach,i just did not want to see anymore destruction...
Seems like the older (Cracked, weathered chipped and scarred) we get the more frequent we seem to experience life's sobering events... Thanks for the update Randy!

Ryan and Michelle Saari
1985 PT36
1983 FC35RB Left me for Atlanta!
Clearwater, Florida

My Ebay store:http://stores.ebay.com/Timberlake-Pr...oup?rmvSB=true
Old 12-17-2018

I still feel like I should be up there helping people instead of sitting here posting online. This darned life absorbing job just keeps getting in the way. I want to help, instead i am just sitting here spinning my wheels in frustration.

Fort Myers, Florida

1983 FC35 3208T "Gen X Express"
1980 Camaro TOAD

danahcks@aol.com