Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters

HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters Questions and information about the wide variety of Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Heater systems available are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 11-23-2009

how do I drain the aquar hot on my 2004 380 ? ive pulled the 2" fresh water drain & switched all the taps on + emptied pump & toilet but supect the ice maker/ AH will still have water in them, manual say remove hot & cold drain but where are they ?? & how do you empty ice maker, nothing in fridge manual
cheers andy

2004 wanderlodge M380
Old 11-23-2009

Default winterizing your M380

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy rob View Post
how do I drain the aquar hot on my 2004 380 ? ive pulled the 2" fresh water drain & switched all the taps on + emptied pump & toilet but supect the ice maker/ AH will still have water in them, manual say remove hot & cold drain but where are they ?? & how do you empty ice maker, nothing in fridge manual
cheers andy
I've not drained my M380 but I think I can answer a couple of your questions. I believe that you will find your hot and cold drains in the roadside (in the US) bay number 3 in the cutout located below the Manabloc hot and cold distribution manifold.

The Hurricane Heater has an OEM manual that can be downloaded at www.itrheat.com/pdf/Hurricane_manual_R4.pdf. I've attached a doc containing a photo which shows the heater's fresh water drain valve. This photo is from another MH owner's manual I found online which provides better illustrations than in the BB M380 or the OEM manual.

You can get to the icemaker solenoid valve and plumbing through the exterior access hatch. The only way I can think that you can really protect that system would be to leave low pressure compressed air applied to that circuit for long enough for the icemaker to cycle through all the water in the supply line.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1591.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	708.7 KB
ID:	3427  
Attached Files
File Type: doc Hurricane CO45XL Heater front cover off.doc (208.5 KB, 114 views)
Old 11-24-2009

cheers dan, that made it all very easy to do

2004 wanderlodge M380
Old 11-24-2009

I don't kmow if this is correct, but I have read the fresh water coil heat exchanger on the Aqua Hot heater is laying on its' side and therefore cannot be fully drained. Because of that if the temp is going to below freezing I always run the electrical element on the Aqua Hot to prevent a frozen heat exchanger.

Perhaps someone of this forum knows for sure.
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad
Old 11-25-2009
Aqua-Hot Auth Service

Default RE: Aqua-Hot - Winterizing

The only approved method of winterizing your Aqua-Hot is to fill the fresh water system with approved RV winterizing fluid. The procedure is outlined in any of the owners manuals on the Aqua-Hot website, here:
http://www.aqua-hot.com/b2c/ecom/eco...t/Manuals.aspx

I am told that you do not get all of the water out of the water-heating loop that is inside of your Aqua-Hot by blowing it out with air (or draining it). If there is water in the loop and it is allowed to freeze it will burst the copper pipe inside of your Aqua-Hot causing a very expensive repair.

- Roger Berke -
Moderator - http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/HydronicRVHeating/
Old 11-26-2009

oh bugger then, ill have to try & get some fancy anitfreeze then, thanks again for the info

2004 wanderlodge M380
Old 11-26-2009

That's a bummer. We have been talking on another thread about the air/water purge system BB put on these coaches. If you still need to do fluid for the AH, and AH says NOT to put air pressure on the AH, the purge system should not be used. Or, it means we have to isolate the AH somehow and purge it with the non-toxic antifreeze separately. Maybe just lots of gallons of non-toxic antifreeze. There has to be an easier way.
Old 11-26-2009

I think the '04 M380 is equipped with a model CO45XL Hurricane Heater by ITR, not the Aqua Hot. The manual (download at itrheat.com) doesn't seem to cover winterizing. Their tech support is really good so maybe they can give us all some some advice about how to protect these units from freezing.

I had to pull out and open up this unit in my BB last week to fix a leaking hose and found out that this model has two active 2KW 120 VAC heating elements. One is controlled by a 120 VAC circuit breakers in the bedroom that is labeled #8 which is labeled "Floor Heat - Hyd blk heat". The other element is controlled by the breaker #7 which is labeled "Int Heat - Water Heater"