Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters

HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters Questions and information about the wide variety of Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Heater systems available are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 08-31-2011

Default Dometic penquin replacement.

Hello, I am in the job of replacing an ac unit on my MH. Having the usual problems with the 4 button CCC. Have power where I should have it but the relay on the board will not send power to the compressor. The fan is running. Changed to the old board out of the old ac but I'm still missing something. My question is there is a a bosch relay that has a purple lead coming from inside the coach. This lead has 12v on it and is connected to the contact of the relay. Any one know what this lead is for and know where it goes. Thanks for any help.
Old 09-01-2011
Aqua-Hot Auth Service

Johnny

My (very limited) understanding is that the new A/C units need a 5 button thermostat.

- Roger Berke -
Old 09-01-2011

You might try sending this guy an e-mail:

whendrix@aol dot com ( .com )

He rebuilds the 4 button thermostats and boards, and sells the 5 button thermostat and boards. He can probably help you figure out your issue as he is familiar with all of the electronics on the Dometic A/C units.
2012 Wrangler Unlimited
Lancaster, Ohio
Old 09-02-2011

Thanks Dan and Roger for your reply. I plan to change to the 5 button control center when I get all the ac's changed. Next week I plan to go to Pigeon Forge for the car shows and may need the ac I installed. If I need it I suppose I will temporally bypass the relay with a single pole switch to start the compressor.

I tried to operate the new ac with the 4 button control and apparently it damaged something in the ccc that prevents it from sending the signal to start the compressor. I didn't read the warning to not mix 4 and 5 button components until after I tried to operate it.
Old 09-02-2011
Forum Moderator

For anyone wishing to have their 4 button thermostats repaired I highly recommend they send them to Dinosaur Boards. They make the best boards in the industry and they also repair these Duo Therm units. They have done two for me with exceptional service. They find unavailable parts and scavenge from their old stock. They are truly customer oriented.