Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Parts Wanted

Parts Wanted Need a certain part for your coach? Post it here to see if someone has what you need or knows where you can find it.

Site Search:

Old 09-08-2014

Default Goat Rail Fairings

All:

Recently I noticed my Goat Rail Fairings were beginning to look bad - cracks, splits, flanges and screw holes were deteriorating. I had them removed hopefully to have them repaired. Unfortunately both fairings were unrepairable.

Best cost I have found - $700.00 (shipping and taxes).

Seems high to me for plastic parts and I still have to have them painted. Probably $1,000.00 altogether for eye candy.

Anybody know of another source? New, used, repairable, etc.
Old 09-08-2014
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

Tommy, I feel your pain. But with the money I have spent on mine, $700 is not that bad IMHO. And paint and install for another $300, a bargain I would say.
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 09-08-2014
prone to wandering

Tommy, if I needed to replace them I would check with a good metal fabricating shop and have them priced in aluminum. You never know
jimdoel@me.com
Old 09-08-2014
Administrator

Try Stephen at Dupreeproducts
Old 09-08-2014

Tommy I'm not beatin up on ya here, I feel your pain.
Here's the problem. The mold had to be made. Two molds actually. The large vacume table and heaters are all capitol investment stuff plus power to run them. Each fairing uses one whole sheet of material, the last time I bought sheet of polywhateveritwas. It cost over $100 ten years ago. Each one is more or less hand made. limited production and limited demand. I have a set from Ryan and Stephan and they are top quality. It is a unique item to Bluebirds. Quite frankly after looking to having molds made for other items in my buisness and the fact that most mfc demand minimum production runs the fact that Ryan went to trouble of absorbing those costs is very generous on his part. I have no doubt that they are not making much if anything off of the fairing project
Old 09-08-2014

Smile fairings

Tommy I can understand your concern, I removed mine months ago. I filled all holes, painted, cleared entire roof .I still have old fairings suppose repairable, I left off love the look plus 47 less chance of leak.
Riveted
Old 09-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpersbird View Post
Here's the problem. The mold had to be made. Two molds actually. The large vacume table and heaters are all capitol investment stuff plus power Quite frankly after looking to having molds made for other items in my buisness and the fact that most mfc demand minimum production runs the fact that Ryan went to trouble of absorbing those costs is very generous on his part. I have no doubt that they are not making much if anything off of the fairing project

Actually it was Dupree Products that absorbed the costs of the molds
The Fairings will be available at the rally in October in Pine Mountain
Along with numerous other items put your order in and save the shipping

Email stephenbirtles@hotmail.com
Telephone 905 246 4295
Please use email or telephone to contact
Old 09-08-2014
Timberlake Products Group

This probably won't amount to much more than a futile attempt at a paragraph or two of mental mastabation but here goes...

In 2011 there was discussion on this forum as to the availability of replacement roof fairings. Randy corrected us (nicely of course) and said that Bluebird officially called them "spoilers", (go figure bluebird) so I will call them spoilers

About a dozen or so people expressed an open, sincere interest in replacements so Steve Birtles and I talked it over, banged around some numbers and decided to build the appropriate vacuum molds based on this expressed interest. Left and a right spoiler molds would be built. I design and build tooling and the such and Steve markets Blue Bird Wanderlodge/BMC replacement parts via Dupree Products, Inc. Anyway, the tooling was produced and 4 sets of fairings were brought to WOG 2011. We were excited about them and we sincerely expected those people who had expressed an interest in them to be excited too but, that was not the case I heard people say things like "I wouldn't give you a hundred bucks for a pair of them", very sad...

Well the truth is this... No tears, no crying, no whining. There is $85.00 per spoiler in raw material costs. As Kurt said I believe?, because of their odd size, only one unit per 4' X 8' sheet of A.B.S. material can be produced. Then, there is the vacuum forming costs. It cost $300.00 just to set the machine up per side so, $600.00 for both. This doesn't matter if one spoiler is produced or a thousand. The formed sheet then has to be trimmed, de-burred, sanded, handled and inspected, add another $100.00 to each spoiler at least. So, it costs a chunk of dough just to make one replacement spoiler let alone try to recoupe the tooling costs of which set Steve back the price of a well used Jeep. Plus, I destroyed his perfectly good set of spoilers to make the vacuum molds. We were initially going to split the cost of the tooling but Steve went ahead and paid for it all in full so, what does that leave? Steve has several thousand dollars invested it this little spoiler adventure and I think he has sold 4 sets??? Wow, heck of a deal for Steve isn't it?

The original factory "spoilers" are crumbling to pieces with few being affordably repairable and get this, Blue Bird sold them new 20 years ago for $900.00/set. Steve is trying to get $700.00/set and maybe, just maybe 10 years from now he might break even on his investment, go Steve!

On a lighter note, Steve was just getting into the awning replacement business in the last picture
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dcp_5360.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	191.9 KB
ID:	31378   Click image for larger version

Name:	dcp_5384.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	203.2 KB
ID:	31379   Click image for larger version

Name:	dcp_5400.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	202.4 KB
ID:	31380   Click image for larger version

Name:	dcp_5402.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	31381   Click image for larger version

Name:	dcp_5403.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	195.8 KB
ID:	31382   Click image for larger version

Name:	dcp_5440.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	31383   Click image for larger version

Name:	dcp_5441.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	195.2 KB
ID:	31384   Click image for larger version

Name:	dcp_5448.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	202.3 KB
ID:	31389  

Ryan and Michelle Saari
Timberlake Products Group, Inc.
1985 PT36
1983 FC35RB Left me for Atlanta!
Clearwater, Florida
https://www.timberlakeproductsgroup.com/
https://www.ebay.com/str/timberlakeproductsgroup

Last edited by Turbokitty; 09-09-2014 at 12:03 AM.
Old 09-08-2014

Thank you Ryan for explaining this process to us. I recall another deal where you developed some overhead compartment dividers. Bet that deal is what made you rich, right?
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 09-08-2014
Timberlake Products Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Thank you Ryan for explaining this process to us. I recall another deal where you developed some overhead compartment dividers. Bet that deal is what made you rich, right?
The dividers were like pulling a rabbit out of a hat. The spoilers were like pulling a... well... Bluebird out of a ditch, har! FWIW, some despised guy named Jesus is the One who made me rich beyond measure

Ryan and Michelle Saari
Timberlake Products Group, Inc.
1985 PT36
1983 FC35RB Left me for Atlanta!
Clearwater, Florida
https://www.timberlakeproductsgroup.com/
https://www.ebay.com/str/timberlakeproductsgroup

Last edited by Turbokitty; 09-09-2014 at 12:05 AM.