Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Tell Us Where You're At

Tell Us Where You're At As you travel around the country, why not take the time to tell our members where you have settled for the night, week, or month. There may be another member close by, that would like to meet you, so put that information right here.

Site Search:

Old 05-08-2008
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Default Waiting In Florence, SC

I'm dry camping at the Florence Civic Center in Florence, SC waiting to leave here for the short drive over to Darlington to watch NASCAR practice this afternoon, unless it gets rained out, as there is a 30% chance of rain predicted for the area.

I was going to stay at the KOA here in Florence until I found out the camping fee is $100.00 a night during race week. They informed me that it was that expensive because they had "ACTIVITIES" planned, I didn't even ask what they were, maybe they are holding the race there instead of Darlington

It is cheaper for me to just dry camp here at the civic center with their permission, where I participated in the SCCA autocross last Sunday, rather than drive back home and then up to Maxton next week. They had the NASCAR HAULER Driver competition and parade here last night so I got to see that much, there were some nice Truck$ and Trailer$ there.

I will probably head up to South Of The Border for a few days before going onto Maxton next week.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 05-08-2008
Forum owner

keep us informed of the racing John!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 05-09-2008

I sold my Darlington infield tickets last weekend, if I had known, I would have given you a good deal on them (they went to the ex-wife this year, she couldn't go and had me sell them for her). They are mine next year, hopefully I can afford to go.

The Darlington infield is great, no water or sewer, but 30 amp electrical service and a ton of good food and drink.
1987 Vanagon Camper
Old 05-09-2008
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjhannink View Post
I sold my Darlington infield tickets last weekend, if I had known, I would have given you a good deal on them (they went to the ex-wife this year, she couldn't go and had me sell them for her). They are mine next year, hopefully I can afford to go.

The Darlington infield is great, no water or sewer, but 30 amp electrical service and a ton of good food and drink.
TJ,

I was looking for your GOATRAILS in the infield, but couldn't see any and your not being there explains why

I just wanted to go see the track in person and just watch practice and it was interesting, with a new track record being set on the new pavement, but due to my bad back I could only sit in the grandstands for about 3 hours and then I was done, I could never make it for an entire race anymore. I'll watch it on TV and be happy. It never did rain here in the area yesterday and last night.

Thanks for the offer anyway.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11