Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues)

BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your BMC coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....List your BMC Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 03-17-2009
Duke of Oil

Default BMC Picture Game -- Test Your Skill

Hi Folks,

After almost three years with my BMC, "Elbee", there are still a number of unknowns with that I am hoping some people out there can help me identify. Elbee is a 40', 1997 BMC.

Please shout out if you can help me figure out some of these mysteries, big and small. Photos and comments are below. Thanks!

1) In the electrical compartment, next to my inverter, there is a pneumatic pressure adjustment doohickey. What in the name of heck is it for? It does not seem to affect the auxiliary air port, the water purge or the suspension. Does anyone have any ideas what this is and how I should adjust it?

2) In the main storage area in the basement, there is this mysterious black box. Could this be my missing level sensor for the computerized jacks? So mysterious. I suppose I could open it, but I am asking you first.

3) OK, here are two mysteries I would love to get to the bottom of. This picture was taken in the drivers side, front corner storage compartment. On the left is this white thingy that says Bluebird and Javelina Corp. What it be? Even more mysterious is the adjustable transformer on the right! What is it powering, and what voltage should the selector be set to? It looks like a Bluebird Original Factory component, but WHY!?

4) In the bathroom, there are these three switches. Anyone know what this middle one is supposed to be for? It seems to do nothing, but may be the secret thing that controls my wife's mood.

5) Here is a panel to something in the bedroom closet. Anyone know if there is anything important there?

6) In the bedroom is this 12V panel. I would sure love to have a schematic or at least be able to identify the breakers and relays.

7) Same question about the panel in the front. Anyone have a schematic? Bluebird does NOT have a schematic for this

Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-17-2009

Mine is a 1994 37' BMC. Nothing is familiar with my coach. I do have the special switch in the hallway by the sliding dimmer switch but there are only the two and mine does't do anything either that I can find so far. Its funny how we are all going half blind on these units trying to figure them out. And I thought I could just get some type of manual that would have most of these questions answered. Ya Right!!. One thing is for sure you sure feel good when you figure one little piece of the puzzle out.
"STL CRZY"
Email: slckpurdy@aol.com
Old 03-17-2009
Administrator

This is a great picture post, This could be fun !!!
But this old wanderlodge guy is stumped and can not help
Old 03-17-2009
Former Bird Owner

Keep in mind that the coaches are often wired up for options that aren't necessarily installed in your coach.

Photo 1. Air line might go to the air-operated Microphor toilet or to an air-operated vent. I have a similar line meandering through one of my street-side compartments (with an on-off valve) tracing where it comes from (aux compressor) and that it goes up toward the bathroom where there is both the Microphor toilet and an air-operated vent valve for the washer/dryer.

Photo 2. That appears to be the HWH level box. It should be mounted up high in the basement compartment, more or less on the center of gravity. Mine (I don't have a BMC) is in the front compartment, centered near the top on the forward bulkhead behind the front axle.

I also have a somewhat larger black box that contains 3 large capacitors. It is the "filter" for the 12 volt system that's used for the radio and other electrical noise sensitive devices. I note that my HWH box is silver.

Photo 3. I have a Radio Shack power block in my basement area that I've never quite figured out what it does. Javelina Corp has these products: Automotive instruments: gauges, monitors, dashboard panels, electronic instruments Bezels, Consoles, Door panels, Headliners, Instrument clusters, Instrument panels, Pedals, Power ports or lighters, Sun visors, Vehicle sound systems and components, Vehicle interior systems, Wallboard, Wallpapers, Drywall, Corner guards.

Photo 4. Non working switch. Might be wired up for a non existent option. Have you opened the cover and inspected to see if it has any wires going into it? It's also possible that it lights some of those string-lights and/or a previous owner may have cut the switch out of the circuit. If it's your wife's secret mood controller, you know what to do if you need to change her mood...

Photo 5. If there's no latch that's obvious, there may be some small phillips screw heads hidden in the felt-like covering. Remove the screws to you can see what's on the other side. Is there something (like a power center) nearby? It might be access to the backside for wiring. I have several little doors/hatches that access plumbing and wiring components that might need service some day.

Photos 6 and 7. Power centers are the worst. I have some partial diagrams for my coach -- but two major power panels have no guide. About all that you can do is pull a fuse then look for what doesn't work... Or, when something fails, look for a blown fuse/breaker on the panels. Generally, the rear closet panel works with stuff at the rear of the coach (rear camera, 12 v lights, etc.) and the panel toward the front will affect items in the forward section. The "chassis" related items (tail lights, etc.) are usually in a separate panel -- in my case that stuff is all behind a removable body panel on the front of the coach. (Thankfully, I have a guide for that power center.)

The numbered 'black cubes' appear to be Bosch relays. These are generally used with items that draw a lot of watts -- such as head lights or other items where running a large current through a switch is ill-advised. The silver boxes are auto-reset circuit breakers, the (small) black boxes have a little 'tab' sticking out. Those are re-settable circuit breakers. The colorful plastic ones are standard automotive fuses. (You should carry a set of fuses in different values "just in case.")

The 'plugs' without fuses are unused.

Pete Masterson
(former) 95 WBDA 42'
(now) 2011 Roadtrek RS-Adventerous
Ridgefield, WA
aeonix1@me.com
Old 03-17-2009

mine is a 96 so is probably similar
Pete posted while I was making notes
#1 possibly a regulator for toilet
#2 I also wondered about that
#3 see #2above
#4 one for overhead flour lights
one for vanity /mirror lights
one for overhead exhaust fan master switch
#5 if this is under the tv on drivers side, there are some big relays behind that cover
#6see #2 above
#7the only thing I know here is the big yellow wire is the power wire for my onboard 12volt air comp for toilet and step

96 BMC 40' Sold
2008 HaulMark Super C S&S
Freightliner Chassis w/ 515hp S60 & 12sp Ultrashift
Old 03-17-2009

#1)?
#2) Leveling jacks sensor I believe
#3)?
#4)?
#5)?
#6 & 7) See this thread/file: http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...ead.php?t=2656

Good luck
1999, Jeep Cherokee, Toad
1970, VW Baja Bug, Alternate Toad
Old 03-17-2009

Can't help on the original post.

On the 94, the sliding dimmer switch operates the vanity lights, the one next to it turns the overhead fantastic exhaust fan on and off and opens/shuts the lid- when the fan is in any position except 0 on the overhead switch.

On fan position 0 the switch next to the dimmer does not over-ride the off position on the overhead switch.

If your fantastic lid sticks, fantastic will send you a new gasket, sealant, and lube for free. See the fantastic web site, faqs for info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slckpurdy View Post
Mine is a 1994 37' BMC. Nothing is familiar with my coach. I do have the special switch in the hallway by the sliding dimmer switch but there are only the two and mine does't do anything either that I can find so far. Its funny how we are all going half blind on these units trying to figure them out. And I thought I could just get some type of manual that would have most of these questions answered. Ya Right!!. One thing is for sure you sure feel good when you figure one little piece of the puzzle out.
Old 03-18-2009

the javelina box is inverter for the dash el panel
for the rest of the stuff drop kurt aucenbach an email he will be able to help you

Email stephen@dupreeproducts.com
www.dupreeproducts.com
Telephone 888 668 4288
cell 716 220 1267
Please use email or telephone to contact
Old 03-18-2009
Duke of Oil

Thanks everyone. Some of you really spent some time on your reply. I really appreciate it!

I think the biggest remaining mysteries are picture's 1 and 3.

Picture 1:
I don't have an air operated toilet, it is a 12V jobber, and there are no pneumatic valves that I ever noticed. Question... There is a similar regulator in the engine compartment that controls the air pressure for the tag axle. Is it possible that this unknown valve controls the air pressure for the main rear drive wheels or the front axle?

Picture 2:
An inverter for the dash. Interesting. Why would a dash board need an inverter? all the dimmible lights can be dimmed using regular, old 12VDC. Is it for the actual gauges?

As for the Radio Shack transformer, this is still the big, unsolved mystery. It sounds like I am not the only one with the question. Whoever gets this one will be the grand prize winner of this contest. What that actually entails however, is still being decided, and may involve payment in the form of used, vegetable oil.

Thanks again!!
Old 03-18-2009
Campground Owner

My coach had a Radio Shack power supply that powered the TV ant. amp.
www.xcreekrv.com
35°31'08.6"N 83°03'38.8"W