Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues)

BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your BMC coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....List your BMC Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 01-02-2010

I have tried several times to put pictures on here from my computer but can't figure out how to do it. I tried following John Finn's instructions but they seem to be mostly about getting pictures or URL's from the web, so at this point I have given up (sorry John)

I feel yer pain
Germantown, WI/Myrtle ID
www.AutoTransDesign.com

http://s767.photobucket.com/user/mhohnstein/library/
Old 01-02-2010

Well, I had the same problem, but John helped me out. Here's how I have done it, but it does not put them in the text, only an attachment.

After you have typed your reply, don't send, but rather click "Go Advanced"

Scroll down and click "Manage Attachments"

There are two selections, one for URL's and one for your computer. Click on the "Browse" button for your computer.
...and you are in to your computer files to attach what you want. Trick is to hit the "upload" button and wait until it is done uploading, maybe 30 or 40 seconds.

Then hit "Submit Reply".

If there is a picture of my coach attached, it worked.

After you have done that, you still have an opportunity to "Edit" (lower right hand corner).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010001.JPG
Views:	221
Size:	687.8 KB
ID:	3811  
Old 01-06-2010

Default Spartan chassis inspection in FL?

If the inspection that another forum member and myself do in 2 weeks for the 40' BMC works out OK, I'd like to ask the current owner to bring the MH up to Tampa to the Cummins Power South shop (Spartan certified) to have them do Spartan's 44 pt chassis inspection before he brings it back up to Chicago for me to pick up. I offered to split the cost of the inspection w/the owner, but I'm trying to find out if the shop has a good reputation.

Has anyone ever dealt with this Tampa shop before? At the suggestion of Mike Brody, who has dealt w/Spartan's home location, I called the Spartan HQ service facility in Charlotte MI. and talked to the service mgr. there. As much as I'd like to bring the bus there for inspection, it would end up being "after the fact" as far as the sale is concerned, and if they found anything major.....oh well, I already bought it! I asked the service mgr. if they had any info on this Cummins Power South shop in Tampa. They said that they would try to find out but that these shops are independently owned, and the quality of the inspection is only as good as the mechanic who performs it.

I appreciated their honesty, but that doesn't help at the moment. I guess I'd rather take the chance on waiting to bring it to Spartan's factory on my way home w/the bus, than to have it taken to an unreliable shop. Of course, that is, if the service records and coach condition indicate that "all seems well" upon inspection!

Thanks everyone....All feedback and or suggestions are appreciated.
Old 01-06-2010

We had service done at this shop and were NOT impressed! Check out this link for other opinions. http://www.rvservicereviews.com
If you want details, give us a call.

Lee - 423-292-5767 or Jacque 423-262-9569
or lnjdavis@gmail.com Please call or email instead of private messages

1995 BMC 37
300 HP Cummins 6CTA 8.3 Turbocharged Diesel
Boldly Going Nowhere
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm #117

Last edited by Lee Davis; 01-06-2010 at 06:02 PM. Reason: spelling