Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues)

BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your BMC coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....List your BMC Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 07-02-2010

Default Past projects and upgrades on my BMC

I have done a bunch of past projects, upgrades, and maintenance on my BMC and kept a maintenance log, and receipts, but never put it all in one document to review the things that were done.

I put it all in one list today. Lot's of these things were in preparation for fulltiming, which we are now doing. Not everything had to be done, they were largely nice to haves.

I am attaching a pdf of the previous upgrades, and the things left to do. The to do list is finally getting short - as long as nothing new pops up.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 94 Bluebird BMC 37.pdf (165.1 KB, 555 views)
Old 07-02-2010

Howdy, Dan.
I read your list of mods and improvements to your coach. I am particularly interested in the MCD blinds. You have had them for a while now. Any pros or cons?

I am seriously considering the motorized 2 shade for our Bird's windshield.

TIA,
Liz
Lone Star Corral SKP park
Dhanis, Republic of Texas
SKPs
Liz
CORRAL NEWS Editor
www.lonestarcorral.com
Old 07-02-2010

We love the MCD powered front blinds - wouldn't be without them.

Cons - is the design and install. I'd say best to have it done at MCD headquarters. They custom cut to fit our front windshield and dash, and made a valance to hide it all. Also takes some wiring for ignition key on and ignition key off (I ran the wires to save time/money - but MCD will do it otherwise).

The blinds operate as shades or visors, and as curtains. With ignition key on - only come part way down to shield driver and passenger from sun. With ignition key off they come all the way down for use as curtains.

With only sun blocker down it adds privacy and cuts solar gain. With night shade down it is total blackout.

We also like the non-powered shades on the side windows - no drawbacks other than cost and install. http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...72113740eIprVN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandLiz View Post
Howdy, Dan.
I read your list of mods and improvements to your coach. I am particularly interested in the MCD blinds. You have had them for a while now. Any pros or cons?

I am seriously considering the motorized 2 shade for our Bird's windshield.

TIA,
Liz
Old 07-02-2010

Jack&Liz
The
M450 has electric rollup shades for the windsheild and I absolutly think they are great. You can lower them if facing the sun when driving,beats the heck out of sunvisers and blocks the light out at night with push of a button, Love em.
Old 07-05-2010

Howdy, Dan.
Thank you for sending the link to view your coach's blinds. I really like the way the windshield blind was constructed to ease over the cockpit console.

Even though we looked at all of the pictures carefully, I still can't figure out how the sunblocker shade is situated on the door. Is it attached permanently? Please enlighten us.

TIA,
Jack and Liz
SKPs
Liz
CORRAL NEWS Editor
www.lonestarcorral.com
Old 07-05-2010

The entry door is unique compared to blinds on all other windows.

What MCD recommends is a velcro attachment for the sun blocker on the door. The thought is that when camped you put the velcro sunblocker on, then you can open and close the door without having to raise and lower the roller blind.

The nightshade portion is still on a roller. If you desire the sunblocker can also be on a roller for the entry. It would work fine as the rollers work so easily, you can roll it up some, step out the door, roll it down from outside, then close the door.

We could be happy with it either way. Right now we take the velcro sunblocker down and roll it for travel, then put it up when we arrive for more than a day or 2 in one location. We can still use the night shade if we don't put the sunblocker up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandLiz View Post
Howdy, Dan.
Thank you for sending the link to view your coach's blinds. I really like the way the windshield blind was constructed to ease over the cockpit console.

Even though we looked at all of the pictures carefully, I still can't figure out how the sunblocker shade is situated on the door. Is it attached permanently? Please enlighten us.

TIA,
Jack and Liz
Old 07-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC7880 View Post
The entry door is unique compared to blinds on all other windows.

What MCD recommends is a velcro attachment for the sun blocker on the door. The thought is that when camped you put the velcro sunblocker on, then you can open and close the door without having to raise and lower the roller blind.

The nightshade portion is still on a roller. If you desire the sunblocker can also be on a roller for the entry. It would work fine as the rollers work so easily, you can roll it up some, step out the door, roll it down from outside, then close the door.

We could be happy with it either way. Right now we take the velcro sunblocker down and roll it for travel, then put it up when we arrive for more than a day or 2 in one location. We can still use the night shade if we don't put the sunblocker up.

Ahhhhhhhhh. Very good.

Thanks again,
Jack and Liz
SKPs
Liz
CORRAL NEWS Editor
www.lonestarcorral.com