Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues)

BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your BMC coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....List your BMC Parts here too.

Site Search:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-02-2010
AC7880 AC7880 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Left the Forums
Posts: 1,346
Default Past projects and upgrades on my BMC

I have done a bunch of past projects, upgrades, and maintenance on my BMC and kept a maintenance log, and receipts, but never put it all in one document to review the things that were done.

I put it all in one list today. Lot's of these things were in preparation for fulltiming, which we are now doing. Not everything had to be done, they were largely nice to haves.

I am attaching a pdf of the previous upgrades, and the things left to do. The to do list is finally getting short - as long as nothing new pops up.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 94 Bluebird BMC 37.pdf (165.1 KB, 555 views)
__________________
Sold the BMC, left the forums.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-02-2010
JackandLiz's Avatar
JackandLiz JackandLiz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fulltiming USA
Posts: 1,079
Default

Howdy, Dan.
I read your list of mods and improvements to your coach. I am particularly interested in the MCD blinds. You have had them for a while now. Any pros or cons?

I am seriously considering the motorized 2 shade for our Bird's windshield.


TIA,
Liz
__________________
Regards,
Jack and Liz Pearce
Living Fulltime in a 1993 WLWB
Lone Star Corral SKP park
Dhanis, Republic of Texas
SKPs
Liz
CORRAL NEWS Editor
www.lonestarcorral.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-02-2010
AC7880 AC7880 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Left the Forums
Posts: 1,346
Default

We love the MCD powered front blinds - wouldn't be without them.

Cons - is the design and install. I'd say best to have it done at MCD headquarters. They custom cut to fit our front windshield and dash, and made a valance to hide it all. Also takes some wiring for ignition key on and ignition key off (I ran the wires to save time/money - but MCD will do it otherwise).

The blinds operate as shades or visors, and as curtains. With ignition key on - only come part way down to shield driver and passenger from sun. With ignition key off they come all the way down for use as curtains.

With only sun blocker down it adds privacy and cuts solar gain. With night shade down it is total blackout.

We also like the non-powered shades on the side windows - no drawbacks other than cost and install. http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...72113740eIprVN




Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandLiz View Post
Howdy, Dan.
I read your list of mods and improvements to your coach. I am particularly interested in the MCD blinds. You have had them for a while now. Any pros or cons?

I am seriously considering the motorized 2 shade for our Bird's windshield.


TIA,
Liz
__________________
Sold the BMC, left the forums.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-02-2010
oldtimer85 oldtimer85 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Garden City Ks.
Posts: 81
Default

Jack&Liz
The
M450 has electric rollup shades for the windsheild and I absolutly think they are great. You can lower them if facing the sun when driving,beats the heck out of sunvisers and blocks the light out at night with push of a button, Love em.
__________________
Terry Gigot
2005m450lxi
Garden City Ks.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-05-2010
JackandLiz's Avatar
JackandLiz JackandLiz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fulltiming USA
Posts: 1,079
Default

Howdy, Dan.
Thank you for sending the link to view your coach's blinds. I really like the way the windshield blind was constructed to ease over the cockpit console.

Even though we looked at all of the pictures carefully, I still can't figure out how the sunblocker shade is situated on the door. Is it attached permanently? Please enlighten us.

TIA,
Jack and Liz
__________________
Regards,
Jack and Liz Pearce
Living Fulltime in a 1993 WLWB
Lone Star Corral SKP park
Dhanis, Republic of Texas
SKPs
Liz
CORRAL NEWS Editor
www.lonestarcorral.com
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-05-2010
AC7880 AC7880 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Left the Forums
Posts: 1,346
Default

The entry door is unique compared to blinds on all other windows.

What MCD recommends is a velcro attachment for the sun blocker on the door. The thought is that when camped you put the velcro sunblocker on, then you can open and close the door without having to raise and lower the roller blind.

The nightshade portion is still on a roller. If you desire the sunblocker can also be on a roller for the entry. It would work fine as the rollers work so easily, you can roll it up some, step out the door, roll it down from outside, then close the door.

We could be happy with it either way. Right now we take the velcro sunblocker down and roll it for travel, then put it up when we arrive for more than a day or 2 in one location. We can still use the night shade if we don't put the sunblocker up.





Quote:
Originally Posted by JackandLiz View Post
Howdy, Dan.
Thank you for sending the link to view your coach's blinds. I really like the way the windshield blind was constructed to ease over the cockpit console.

Even though we looked at all of the pictures carefully, I still can't figure out how the sunblocker shade is situated on the door. Is it attached permanently? Please enlighten us.

TIA,
Jack and Liz
__________________
Sold the BMC, left the forums.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-05-2010
JackandLiz's Avatar
JackandLiz JackandLiz is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fulltiming USA
Posts: 1,079
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC7880 View Post
The entry door is unique compared to blinds on all other windows.

What MCD recommends is a velcro attachment for the sun blocker on the door. The thought is that when camped you put the velcro sunblocker on, then you can open and close the door without having to raise and lower the roller blind.

The nightshade portion is still on a roller. If you desire the sunblocker can also be on a roller for the entry. It would work fine as the rollers work so easily, you can roll it up some, step out the door, roll it down from outside, then close the door.

We could be happy with it either way. Right now we take the velcro sunblocker down and roll it for travel, then put it up when we arrive for more than a day or 2 in one location. We can still use the night shade if we don't put the sunblocker up.

Ahhhhhhhhh. Very good.

Thanks again,
Jack and Liz
__________________
Regards,
Jack and Liz Pearce
Living Fulltime in a 1993 WLWB
Lone Star Corral SKP park
Dhanis, Republic of Texas
SKPs
Liz
CORRAL NEWS Editor
www.lonestarcorral.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Swing Out Radiator Questions & Projects Buckeye Bird FC (Forward Control Unique Issues) 61 08-04-2017 08:39 PM
I 80 past Chicago? konehd Highway, Road and Weather Forecast and Radar Conditions 14 07-25-2008 12:07 AM
weekend projects? Randy Dupree Under The Awning 6 02-16-2008 07:47 AM
Welcome to 'Bird Projects & Modifications iamflagman 'Bird Projects & Modifications 0 01-21-2008 12:07 PM

Web Search:

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.