Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters

HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters Questions and information about the wide variety of Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Heater systems available are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 01-16-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanmarycamilleri View Post
David
I do not need any parts, I replaced mine several years ago. When I did replace mine I had to replace the whole valve because the hole that let the hot water out was clogged by mineral deposits.
Thanks Peter!
96 WB
Valparaiso, In./Baldwin, Mi.
Old 01-19-2020

Follow up to my follow up:

I started to suspect that when I removed/replaced the handle past the stop, I spun the plastic handle on the valve shaft splines. So yesterday, at Q, that was my project - to take a close look. Pulled the burner, tested the action of the handle and sure enough, the plastic had stripped. So I pulled the guts of the valve out, and using vice grips, was able to free the adjustment shaft. After working it in and out, I left it fully hot, or out, and reassembled. Now the shower has lots of hot and doesn't run out either. Problem solved, sort of. I won't leave the butchered valve in place, I will buy a new one and replace the guts. I could look into the valve with a mirror and didn't see any sign of deposits. The PO and I have only put RO water into the system so I am confident lines are clean.

Then I went over the Aquahot fellow here at Q to see about parts. When she started to say $200+ for the valve, I stopped listening. Said Thank you for the info and left. I will order either from Ebay, Amazon or that Zoro someone mentioned. I will probably order the DC Control thermostat at the same time, which I suspect fails intermittently, causing the burner to not fire when temp drops.

I went to the Home Depot and Lowes in Yuma but they did not carry either the valve or replacement kit. The part is Watts LF70A for the valve and LF70A RC( or K, don't recall at this time) for the replacement kit.

Peter, I thought you would be here again this year, sorry to hear that you have been hammered by that snow.