Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > General Discussion > New Members

New Members New members to the forum are welcomed here.

Site Search:

Old 01-26-2016
Go Gators

Default Bluebird Wanderlodge 450 LXI questions prior to purchase

Hi All,

We had the pleasure of seeing our first Wanderlodge in person a few weeks ago. The owner was great and even let me take it for a nice drive, I fell in love. It was a 2006 450 LXI and the wife and I have decided this is the rig for us and will be the last rig we ever buy. We plan to do a good bit of modifications so here is where we need some help. I need a floor plan in a decent size so I can start to design the mods we plan to do, all I can find on the internet are quite small images. I also need the interior dimensions of the 3 slides if possible. Our plan is to figure out what we are going to do on the interior (I will do most of the work myself) and then start shopping for the rig later this year (or sooner if we just happen to find that ONE we must have).

We really appreciate any help. Really looking forward to owning a bus!!
Proud owner of a 2006 450LXI

Old 01-26-2016
prone to wandering

Hey Chris, not meaning to rain of your parade but wouldn't you want to look at more than one model before deciding? Lots of neat floor plans in other years and models too. For example, if you camp at state parks a 45' might be too long for you….just saying and no offence to you or any M450 owners
jimdoel@me.com
Old 01-26-2016
prone to wandering

Oh, and welcome to the forum!!
jimdoel@me.com
Old 01-26-2016

Welcome to the forum. Lots of help here if you will lets us. Just ask and someone will have the answer or a source.

The 450 is a fantastic coach for sure. Lots of room with top of the line components. I don't know if I would spend the $ required for a 450 and then tear it apart to build again. You will be hard pressed to obtain the fit and finish Wanderlodge achieved. What ever you decide, best of luck and keep the thread going with pictures and updates on you search. Contact Randy at BBBB, he may be able to help.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 01-26-2016
Go Gators

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD33 View Post
Hey Chris, not meaning to rain of your parade but wouldn't you want to look at more than one model before deciding? Lots of neat floor plans in other years and models too. For example, if you camp at state parks a 45' might be too long for you….just saying and no offence to you or any M450 owners
We are not full timers, we are "long timers". We tend to find a place and stay awhile, so the more room the better. We rarely stay in state parks so 45 isn't really a concern. We have 4 slides now and the wife wants at least 3. I let my wife pick the floor plan, we have owned 4 class A DP's and I have pretty much redone the interior on everyone.

Old 01-26-2016
Go Gators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Welcome to the forum. Lots of help here if you will lets us. Just ask and someone will have the answer or a source.

The 450 is a fantastic coach for sure. Lots of room with top of the line components. I don't know if I would spend the $ required for a 450 and then tear it apart to build again. You will be hard pressed to obtain the fit and finish Wanderlodge achieved. What ever you decide, best of luck and keep the thread going with pictures and updates on you search. Contact Randy at BBBB, he may be able to help.
It wouldn't be a complete tear out, just some modifications we always do anyway. New residential furniture, upgrade the TV's etc. I am not retired and never plan to be until they stick me in the ground, so I always need a place to work. I own a company I don't have to babysit so I can travel and do business via my laptop and cell phone. We love the "bus" conversions, just can't justify a Prevost cost and really love everything about the 450.

Old 01-26-2016

Sounds like Chris is going to be a asset to the BB community. How many 450 coaches were built? I've only set foot in one. Nice coach no question about it.

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia Sold
Old 01-26-2016

sounds like a plan. Randy has a 450 listed I think.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 01-26-2016
Forum owner

i have 2 listed!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com