Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > LX and LXI (Unique Issues)

LX and LXI (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your LX or LXI model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THOSE ISSUES INVOLVED WITH ANY LAWSUIT.....list your LX and LXI Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 10-06-2012

Default 2000 43' LXi ME

I have seen sOme older post about the number of melleniums that were produce in 2000. But I haven't seen too much detail on the differences or upgrades. I have both a living room and bedroom slides and I haven't seen many (if any) birds with 2 slides. Is that unusual or is that part of the Mellenium edition? I can't think of anything else I could need in a coach and I have many things that I don't even know how to turn on! Anybody else have 2 slides?

Ed
Jupiter Fl
Edlegue@ymail.com
Michelelegue@yahoo.com
Old 10-06-2012
davidmbrady

Hi Ed,

Corey Noble, (moonbeam_express), has been keeping a list of all Millennium owners. You may want to contact Corey, but I think he stopped doing it cause he quickly learned that every 2000 and even some 2001 LX/LXi's are Millenniums. Here's a thread where the Millennium features were discussed: http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...ead.php?t=8998

From the Millennium sales brochure:
"You'll note an array of extra flourishes both inside and out. These include special wallpapers and fabrics, unique finishes and fixtures. And, a limited edition exterior paint scheme. Further...the Millennium Coaches are custom-equipped with a long list of cutting edge components. From special Audio-Visual systems to satellite Dishes and special exterior entertainment centers".

Two slide LX/LXi's started in model year 2000. There seems to be plenty of model year 2000's with two slides, and more in 2001, and even more in 2003. 2002 seems to be the lite year with few single or two slide LX/LXi's built. I presume this is because the factory was tooling up for the M380 introduction.
Old 12-18-2012

OOPS! I have a '99 LXI with 2, yes, two slides. I have not seen many with 2 slides regardless of what year. And yes, they have been problematic!
t.drennon@att.net 956 358-1303
Old 12-18-2012
Forum owner

Tom,whats the problems with the slides?

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 12-19-2012

Default Problematic slides

I am the 2nd owner. It was one of the "buy back" coaches due to weight concerns. My records begin @ 13,000 miles. The living room slide seal was replaced a few times. I paid for 1 and others were warranty. The bedroom seal was replaced every 6 months until the warranty was refused. Again I paid for 1. The sensors were always changing and had to be reset. I drove more miles with the red light on than off. It has a bypass switch on the HWH computer that has been in "bypass" mode 99% of the time. As I was leaving Fort Valley on the maiden voyage it would not move as I placed it in drive. I thought the transmission had left me before I had ever driven it. Thats when I was told about the bypass switch. The seals were replaced by WL and Holland Motors. The technicians told me that the slide body was large and there was not very much room between it and the non movable body. Therefore when the warranty was gone I decided that I could not, would not pay for the pattern that had been set. I turned off the supply air as they began to leak. I have lived in it for several years in that condition. We are 11 years fulltiming now.

There were several other recurring problems that are now resolved and we 'like' it today. It was a long struggle. Now we are replacing the Aquahot now due to a cracked boiler, $$.
t.drennon@att.net 956 358-1303
Old 12-19-2012

Tom, I spend several months a year at South Padre Island in our 01 two slide LXI Millinium. Have had no real problems other than replacing a slide seal(Thanks David). I think after replacing the air seal that many times I would try a different approach. I would look for a D shaped compression seal material in the proper thickness and see what was available. Having watched a seal be replaced there is no magic involved. We are currently in SPI until April 1. If you get down this way we are at the SPI KOA currently with two birds here. Should be 3 more in a week or so.
2001 LXI
1996 43' Wanderlodge
1989 PT 40
1982 PT 40
Old 12-19-2012
davidmbrady

Your welcome Mike!

Tom, put "brady seal" into the Google Site Search window above. Dynamic Rubber Inc (DRI) makes the brady seal for us. Many are running it with good success. It uses a beaded profile which gives a quarter inch of extra reach eliminating the need to over-inflate in hopes that the seal 'stretches' to fill the gap. I suspect this why you've been thru so many HWH seals. The brady seal will fill the gap with as little as 10 psi of pressure. It's also made of a stronger material, EPDM, versus HWH's neoprene, and it has thicker wall thickness. It uses the same retainers as the HWH seal. Retainers can be purchased thru Ryan Saari of WOG or Roger Anderson of DRI. And lastly, the price is only $500 versus HWH's $1300! I think it may be time for you to get your air seals working again! Good luck!