Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Reasons I Bought My Bluebird

Reasons I Bought My Bluebird This is the place to list the reasons you decided to buy a Bluebird and direct others to who are considering a Bluebird.

Site Search:

Old 10-28-2013

Default Quality is the reason.. Built right!!

Every time I work on our Bluebird I marvel at the quality of build. Our Sharp
Convection oven (22 years old) bit the dust so I ordered a new unit and tore out the old one. The 2 support brackets that attach to the bus had 24 screws holding them on!
Our 2008 GulfStream was a joke! I had to pull the microwave to get to wiring behind it and the brackets that had holes for mounting numbered 8. There was
only 3 screws holding it on and they were Sheetrock screws! (One of which went thru the TV cable to the bedroom) . Never again with new ****- I would rather gamble a big repair . I would still be money ahead with the depreciation
past owners took on our coach and the loss I would take on the new 5 year disposable.
porschenein59@gorge.net

"There comes a time in a mans life where he must take the bull by the tail,, and face the situation."
Old 10-28-2013
Bill&Peggy

John,

I copied your post and sent it to a number of my family and friends, explaining that it epitomizes my reason for buying a 13 year old Wanderlodge when the same money could have bought a new SOB.

You hit the nail right on the head.

Thanks.....
Old 10-28-2013

I would agree on build quality for the most part. This unit is built for the long haul but there are times when I work on something and scratch my head and wonder why they cheaped out. One of my prime examples is the bath room plumbing where they put a drain valve in for the cold side but not the hot side? Or the splices in the wire on the back panel, soldered splices with electrical tape insulation when for a couple of $$$ more they could have installed a proper set of terminal blocks like they did many other places.

My bus was given to me by a late good life long friend so I am not complaining but sometimes I wonder what they were thinking when they built this bird.

I also have a Bigfoot slide in truck camper and that too is supposed to be pretty much top of the line but the corners they cut don't make much sense.

I have worked on another friends late 80's vintage top of the line Baggo and holy cow some of the factory Kludges there.

Bottom line I am very happy to be a bird custodian and hope the next owner appreciates not only the base bus but the work I have put into it to keep it alive and on the road. How many RVs the age of many of these birds are still on the road today?

Even though it was "free" the air bag in the other seat is still complaining at the cost so far. This air bag behind the wheel is grinning all the way down the road at the money saved over a brand new unit that we could have afforded.

Then the real bonus is getting to know the rest of the flock.

Paul & Janice Olson
Morrison, Colorado
Mi-Vida-Loca
1984 PT40
KoWSU