Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > General Discussion > New Members

New Members New members to the forum are welcomed here.

Site Search:

Old 1 Week Ago

Go look at Randy's SP. Join the club! You'll love it. I had an FC35 before, also a great coach, but I'm glad I have my SP.
chip@collectorsco.com / 804-357-4926
1990 SP36 75k
Old 1 Week Ago

Jeff - I went through the same thought process as you about 2 years ago. Part of my decision to go with a PT35 was that I wanted a classic PT and it was the shortest available. It has big tanks and a queen bed, both were important. We also wanted to go to state parks and COE campgrounds and just meander a bit, so the shorter the better. I know for sure a 40' bus would not have allowed us to go into a few of the state parks we've been to.

We have 3 big dogs when we go out in our PT35, but we have one that came with a bar instead of a dinette so there's quite a bit more floor space. We eat in the living room since there's a table in there with two chairs and the couch, perfectly comfortable and we get to look out the big windows or watch the TV.

You'll find that an old PT-whatever that has roof a/c will have a large basement storage compartment that the ones with cruiseairs don't, so that might be a factor for you. You can store stuff on the roof, too, heavy stuff, if you can get it up there. The longer PT's have more large basement compartments, lots more space under there. It seems like on the inside they have more closets and maybe an extra foot in the living room? More space for junk we don't need. With a 6v92 ours can cruise at 70 all day, but they all slow down on the hills. Just get used to it, watch the scenery go by that you normally wouldn't be watching. I counted the deer (14) next to the road going by one day in Wyoming as I pedalled by.
Old 1 Week Ago

As an owner of a 78 FC33SB, I would encourage you to try and tour an 87-89 FC. The improvements made address some of your concerns and you get the 300 HP CAT.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Sonke View Post
As an owner of a 78 FC33SB, I would encourage you to try and tour an 87-89 FC. The improvements made address some of your concerns and you get the 300 HP CAT.
It is our hope and intention to look at as many various models and generations as possible.
Once done with vacation that will become more difficult with where we live and work and life but we plan on being thorough.
We will be back In the spring for the fiver and will return home via Birds at the Beach. If we haven't got it sorted by then we will soldier on.
Using an RV for more than a couple weeks and a few weekends a year is still a long time away unfortunately so we have time.

Last edited by xbskt; 1 Week Ago at 08:43 AM. Reason: added text for clarity
Old 1 Week Ago

I'm on my second FC the 1988 I have now is a great machine, as well as my 82. In my opinion the early 80s side bath had a way better floor plan. The late 80s are much easier to drive and great power. Never enough power,
82 FC 33 250 left me for another
Sumner Wa.
Old 1 Week Ago

You are more than welcome and we wish you the best in your search for the right bus.

Fort Myers, Florida
1982 FC33 3208T "EM-50" - SOLD
1983 FC35 3208T "Gen X Express"

danahcks@aol.com
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorgrl View Post
You are more than welcome and we wish you the best in your search for the right bus.
X2

Carmine Pacchino
Ft Myers Beach, FL
'83 PT35