Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > M380 (Unique Issues)

M380 (Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your M380 model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....list your M380 Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Default Need Help Again will not start

Hello its me again hopefully u can help and I will try to be specific. First off last year I put new starter and Chassis batteries in the rig, all summer it was plugged into 50 amp, (started every week) and did a little traveling everything was fine. We went to pull it out from our seasonal sight to bring it home and unannounced to us the electricity had been shut off a few days earlier. Chassis batteries were dead (I think)..I ran the genny for a while, still dead, i ran the genny for a long time still dead, (only heard like a click from the engine compartment but nothing else)..I finally got a meter on the batteries and they read around 13 or so. still confused I ran the genny all night and in the AM the rig started (???). So on the way home (200 miles) I stopped to top off the fuel, shut the rig off and could not start it again...Called a over the road mechanic he said it was the starter (I really didn't think so butt) the owner of the fueling station would not let the rig sit there so I had to be towed etc... etc...(Not fun) .....Next day at his shop (Diesel mechanic) he put new starter in and same issue (Dead). So once again after running genny and jumping it etc...(which I dont think is the problem), it finally started, I took it for a ride again, Here comes the question....The check engine light stayed on and road relay had a fault that said (AUX H2O PUMP PRESS)...I called these so called mechanics and they had no clue. It ran fine and all levels coolants were fine including the chassis batteries at around 13.4. Parked it back at the shop and shut it down, the fan last compartment roadside,(tranny fan ?????) stayed on and would not shut off until I shut down the master switch in the engine compartment. Turned the switch back on the fan was not running but the Coach would not start either just a click in the engine compartment?????? This was yesterday and off course noone will look at it today we have like 6 " of snow...I'm no expert obviously, but I'm thinking a wire is loose (which I can't find) or some sort of relay???Any Ideas????? Thanks
2004 M 380
2004 PT Cruiser

USMC 0311
DAV Life Member
Old 4 Weeks Ago

I think you need to load test the batteries individually. The voltage means nothing if they cannot draw amps it needs to start.

Randy & Deborah Turner
'97 WLWB 43'
"horizons..."

Travel Blog

"Instead of insight, maybe all a man gets is strength to wander for a while" ~WLHM
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy T View Post
I think you need to load test the batteries individually. The voltage means nothing if they cannot draw amps it needs to start.
And clean up all battery terminals and ground connections
Old 4 Weeks Ago

I did load test the batteries, not individually though, I will try that tomorrow, all the connections seems fine, and I figured out that the fan that is constantly running is the fan for the airbrakes. This must have something to do with the tow truck draining all the air out, so I'm trying to figure that out also, it might be all connected I do t know...any ideas
2004 PT Cruiser

USMC 0311
DAV Life Member
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Mike - FWIW... I don't think it's healthy to start up the diesel engine every week and let it heat up while parked. You're better off leaving it sit for a month or two and then taking it out for a long drive. The crankcase oil needs to exceed 212 degrees for at least a half hour to boil off accumulated moisture in the block. When you aspirate the engine while parked- especially in a high moisture environment like New England- the water will accumulate in the engine block and start oxidizing components where it shouldn't. This can lead to all kinds of problems with sensors and generally cause accelerated component wear. If you're not using it, it's best to completely shut down all power and charging and just let it sit.

“Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed”
shanefedeli@gmail.com
717-645-4912
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Thanx for the insight.
2004 PT Cruiser

USMC 0311
DAV Life Member
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Hmmm, no fan for the air brakes that I know of..since you’ve ran the engine since you were towed, you have air pressure in the system. The only fan is the engine cooling fan on the roadside.
Load test your start batteries individually, as a first step.
Body #234
"Smooth Ride"
Full Timing with 2 cats
214-729-1384
Old 4 Weeks Ago

IT says Bendix on the compressor thing roadside second to last compartment, (Small Fan). I looked it up and says it is for airbrakes some how. When I did drive it, everything drove well but the fault code on the road relay said (H2O PUMP PRESS) I'm wondering if that pump or compressor has an issue because of the tow truck draining the air???? I will load test the batteries again tomorrow, do you think it could be the fuel pump?
2004 PT Cruiser

USMC 0311
DAV Life Member
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Click-click-click = engine start batts. If they were left stone dead for multiple days, they may be gone. Fix the batts and you fix the error code cause.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Thanx I will keep everyone posted
2004 PT Cruiser

USMC 0311
DAV Life Member