Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Eclipse
WOG YouTube

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Coaches For Sale by WOG Members

Coaches For Sale by WOG Members Coaches WOG members have for sale along with a short description. New rules for selling coaches May 1, 2019

Site Search:

Old 01-16-2019

Default 1992 Wanderlodge WLWB40 Wide Body

1992 Wanderlodge WLWB40
110,xxx mi / 2,9xx hours on the 8V92 (DDEC-II)/Allison
5,2xx hours on Powertech 15kw Kubota genset

I bought this through Randy at a discount when the prior owner became more motivated to sell and deliver last month. I thought the offer was unrealistically low and it wasn't. However, after careful consideration, it should probably move on to a more enthusiastic owner than myself, we both prefer our SP36 as the smaller coach suits our needs.

Per documents in a very full Blue Box, #97031 was sold new in 1992, traded in and resold in 1995 with ~57k for $280k to a Florida carnival promoter. Serviced at BB in 1998. Sold in about 2000 to a private person near Tampa who died in 2006. Coach sat inside for about 8 years with light exercise but no real use. Prior owner in MA purchased in late 2014 and drove straight home.

He redid interior very tastefully – all new high end Pfister plumbing fixtures to include kitchen and bath sinks, shower et.c., wall coverings throughout, sofa reupholstered, drapes, tile floor, King Koil mattress, toilet, microwave, flat screen TVs. Look at the photos.

He replaced all three air conditioners which are independently controlled at the ceiling or at the dash toggles.

Underneath, he replaced airbags with new Firestones, tires (some are older date but installed per him 2015-6), all new Koni gold shocks, brake slack adjusters and misc chassis work per him. In the engine bay, two new 160A alternators and belts, 8 house batteries and 3 engine batteries (12/14), fuel filters just changed 12/18. Additional mods by prior owner include removal of Primus and installation of Webasto DBW2010 (firing but not integrated into chassis wiring or thermostat, I have a pump to fit to test circulation), four new headlamps, four new taillamps, Hydra-lift motorcycle lift and hitch extension. Also a wireless backup camera, he upholstered in a useful pocket into the dash where the old CRT monitor was.

The three-way Dometic Royale fridge appears to be a later replacement, is DC/AC/LP and works great, the racks were rusty though and when I took them out to clean the fridge and freezer I took them to my local chrome and zinc plater so they will be like new. The LP stove works great too. The Splendide washer/dryer works!

I took it for a full tank of diesel the other day and it scoots along and rides well, the Konis are very nice. The prior owner drove it down from northwestern Massachusetts (1,200+ miles) to Augusta in late December without incident.

Work done by me since it’s been here:
Corian trim reattached below stovetop
Closet door latch repaired
21 LED F15T8 size tubes (ballast bypass) fitted in Thinlite fixtures, much nicer light
5 3000K Fluorescent tubes in 110V fixtures above living area and bedroom
New Custom Day/Night Blinds fitted
Repaired separating interior trim
Replaced bathroom electric heat thermostat, Cadet heater works
Replaced kitchen sink faucet sprayer head (was new/defective)
Diagnosed non-running generator, fixed fuel line, bled

I have parts on hand or on order to complete the following work which I intend to do:
Replace/rewire gen cooling fan – awaiting housing/fan, should be a week
Replace living area drape motor wheels – awaiting, shortly
Refinish refrigerator racks – at Metal Finishers here, should be a week or two
Replace Gen temp sender & hot shutoff switch – awaiting, shortly
Replace step mercury switches – should accomplish shortly
Replace front Cadet heater – missing, PO said old one was bad, relay clicks so it should be simple.
Fit pump to heating water supply/Webasto outlet – should accomplish shortly, waiting for bracket and correct pigtail for pump.

Other issues I’ve noticed:
Many basement and engine door lift supports are weak
Front speakers blown, original audio is dated in dash
Dash clock/timer is inop, may be a breaker
Corian countertop has a few small cracks, it is what it is.
Dash air is not cold. Too cold here to recharge correctly.
Pyro gauge is inop. All other gauges work correctly as does EL backlighting

If this was a keeper, I’d try to integrate the Webasto with the existing Primus control panels or at least follow Glenn Rogers’ instructions for the conversion as he did them at BB in the day; I’ve drawn a better wiring schematic for this and will verify wire colors on this coach.

This is a true live-aboard coach with a lot of potential, it has all the storage you could ever want, it’s just not what we want. I had to try one on after admiring many at WOG. It’s an incredible value for the right person. Fly in, drive home.

Exterior photos at Randy’s site: https://www.buybyebluebird.com/Coach...Mo11122018WB40

Interior photos just taken following installation of new day/night blinds. I have the one for the windshield and just need to put it in with a helper.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/GhiB2uFD4Ri4NDs36

$43,000 or near offer, I just want to recover my costs. Located in Augusta, GA right off I-20 at the SC/GA state line. Delivery possible within a near radius.

Call or e-mail me, no PMs please.

Chip Lamb
Augusta, Georgia
E-MAIL OR CALL - NO PM
chip@collectorsco.com / 706-339-3429
1986 PT40 Amazing Grace (headed east soon)
1987 FC35SB (undergoing work)
Former: 04 M380, 90 SP36, 92 WB40, 85 FC35SB & Prevosts, MCIs et.c.
Old 01-22-2019

Sale pending, a veteran WOGer who is currently Birdless and his good friend came down yesterday, left today, they are considering their next move but it seems like one of them will own it. One of them plans on the excellent choice of full-timing in this great coach. Had it out for a quick drive yesterday which was a pleasure! Nothing like having visiting WL aficionados around for a while!

Chip Lamb
Augusta, Georgia
E-MAIL OR CALL - NO PM
Old 01-22-2019

Sounds great Chip, good luck with the sale.

Lance and Terry Wilson
Crane Hill, Alabama
Lewis Smith Lake
2001 Millennium LXi SS
1994 WB (Sold)
1979 FC31 (Sold)
1983 PT40 (Sold)
Lance.wilson59@gmail.com
386-785-5551
Old 01-29-2019

Sold today. Down to George's for a few more fixes before the new owner joins us in April, he is off on an overseas business trip for a couple months.

Chip Lamb
Augusta, Georgia
E-MAIL OR CALL - NO PM
Old 01-29-2019
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiplamb View Post
Sold today. Down to George's for a few more fixes before the new owner joins us in April, he is off on an overseas business trip for a couple months.
Good deal!
ON TO THE NEXT ONE?

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 01-29-2019

We shall see what we shall see... this was enjoyable.

Chip Lamb
Augusta, Georgia
E-MAIL OR CALL - NO PM