Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Eclipse
WOG YouTube

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > FC (Forward Control Unique Issues)

FC (Forward Control Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your FC model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.......List your FC Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 08-30-2011

Default CB cable run

Does anyone know where the mid coach roof CB antenna run is located? Which side does it run down where did they feed it through for the lower dash? I have moved the CB radio up to the console over the drivers head and need to get the antenna hooked up. I have found a couple of coax cables coming out of the edge of the ceiling panel on the driver side about mid couch, but not sure which one if any are for the CB antenna. If anyone has info it would be appreciated.
Old 08-30-2011

Ron, The CB on my 83 is mounted up front. The cable running down the side is for the Rear View Camera.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 08-30-2011

Rick was your antenna factory installed? I have an antenna or at least looks like a screw on antenna base behind the front roof vent. I was hoping to use that instead of drilling new holes. The base that is there is semi recessed in a hole cut in the roof definitely factory done. Will try to take a picture and post
Old 08-30-2011
1983 FC 35 "Casa Billisa"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Ron, The CB on my 83 is mounted up front. The cable running down the side is for the Rear View Camera.
On our 83 it is in the same place it runs across from center of roof just forward of an interior ceiling panel seam to a point aft of the old TV at the wire race way then forward and down at the windshield pillar.

Perhaps a radio guy here can confirm this. I replaced my entire cable and antenna on the advice of a CB shop. They stated over time the coax cables loose quality and ability to work properly. New cable and Lil Wilson works well. Or as Randy once put it... it talks good!

If your gonna go in there might be worth putting in new coax cable and antenna. Did not bother trying to run the cable through the pillar... too much hassle. I ran the new one in front of the pillar and tucked in against corner. Don't even notice it. If your's is overhead you wont have to deal with the pillar at all.

NH Bill
St. Petersburg, Florida
Wanderlodge Social: https://mewe.com/profile/5bfc750ae760be22b1797898
Old 08-30-2011
Forum owner

do yourself a favor and install a new antenna on the goat fence,run the wire along the roof and down through the roof in the front,that way you have a new cable,antenna etc.
Drill a new hole near the rooftop AC unit,use urethane to seal it.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 08-30-2011

Randy thats what Ill do. I have the antenna that I purchased when I bought the new radio. I just thought it may work better with using the old antenna location that was on the coach. It will be much easier to just install a new one and I had read that there is degradation of the coax as well over time. How far back have you installed your antenna. I did find out from the shop where I got my radio and supplies that the antenna uses the metal of the coach for directional strength. I did not know that
Old 08-30-2011

this is what was on the top of the coach that I thought was the origional antenna location. do you all concur?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	125_0105.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	12134   Click image for larger version

Name:	125_0104.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	311.1 KB
ID:	12135  
Old 08-30-2011

That looks original....

You won't need it now for this job, but I have to chase down a bunch of wiring in the BMC and found this wire tracer/toner on Ebay for $21.50.
I have used it several times and it works well, and saves a ton of time.
It will work on pretty much any non-energized wire. has connectors for cable, phone and alligator clips for regular wiring.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gardner-Bend...item3a67da1a78
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	12136  
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Lancaster, Ohio
Old 08-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjtoles View Post
this is what was on the top of the coach that I thought was the origional antenna location. do you all concur?
That looks like an OEM insatllation by BB.

The fitting appears to be what is typically called a Motorola or NMO mount. A good fitting...allows a wide variety of antennas to be mounted. Still common today for permanent installations for all types of radio antennas (AM/FM, CB, ham bands, etc.). Only drawback is that you drill a hole in your roof...and this is why other mounts (clamp, screw on) are more popular today.

Coach photos & comments: http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...php?albumid=79
Old 08-30-2011

I have often seen those wire chasers at the Harbour Freight store and though that could sure save some time. Each time i walk away with out it because I'm feeling cheap and later wish I had one. I will pick one up the next time I go, I could have used it a hundred times in the last 3 weeks.

I might still look into replacing the cable on the original antenna placement it has a good location, as apposed to drilling a new hole. If in involves getting into the ceiling panels though there is not question......break out the drill