Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues)

PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your PT or WB model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it....list your PT Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by badandy View Post
If you look at the photo I posted, this is what it should look like in the running position. With the key off, but the bus aired up, the air cylinder would extend out about 1/2" or so to keep the engine shut off.

But, if your filter(s) are drawing down and the engine dies it has nothing to do with any of this. You simply have a restriction between the tank and the Racor, if the Racor is the filter that's low. I would fill the filters, get it started, and run the throttle lever with your hand. Rev the **** out of it and hold it at some non-idle RPM and see if it clears up and keeps going. Also, you need to determine if your Racor gauge by the driver is reading high, which I suspect it will be. Or maybe it doesn't work at all?
Thanks badandy! I will give that a try. I put some biocide in the tank on the last trip we took I wonder if that could have caused the tank to have a restriction. The Racor was working fine and it wasn't in the red during my last trip I didn't really think I needed to change the filter but I did anyway because of the biocide thinking it may have gummed it up. If it is restricted what do I need to do to clear it?
Old 2 Weeks Ago

I would try to clear the line with some air pressure back on the line that connects to the Racor if you can. But if you put the biocide stuff in and that's causing the problem you would see snotty stuff on the Racor filter element. You might need to just change the Racor filters a bunch of times, but that should be reflected by high vacuum on the Racor gauge. If the filter is fine and the line is getting plugged up that would also show on the Racor gauge. Sometimes that biocide does exactly what you're describing, instantly plugs filters.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
John Wyatt – Administrator/Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleppers View Post
I haven't looked at it since I changed the filter and it ran. The thing that struck me as strange is that the Racor housing was empty when I opened it. That's why I am thinking it isn't getting fuel. When I filled it and a new spin on filter with fuel it cranked right up, but it only ran a short time before it stopped again.
That may just be an indication that air is getting sucked into the Racor - leaking Racor O-rings, fittings, etc.
Body Number F095567
My Location: http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=4

1991 40' WB ...From 2008 - Present
1984 ½ PT-36 .From 2000 - 2008
1973 FC-31 .....From 1991 - 2001
Old 1 Week Ago

Thanks for everyone's suggestions I got the bus to crank and run today. badandy your method worked.
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleppers View Post
Thanks for everyone's suggestions I got the bus to crank and run today. badandy your method worked.
Good news.
If the biocide is in fact breaking down funk in the tank you should plan on changing filters early and often.
Did you also change the secondary filter? It is getting whatever gets by the Racor which is a good thing. Anything but clogged injectors.
Old 6 Days Ago

My 6V92 didn't fire up one time. I found diesel on the ground trailed down one of the fuel lines and a cracked brass tee in the fuel system adjacent to racor. I replaced with 1/2" tee from Home Depot and topped off the racor and it fired right up.

Air in the fuel or that engine kill solenoid being extended are about the only things which will prevent a mechanical 6V from running. They are extremely simple.