Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG YouTube

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues)

PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your PT or WB model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it....list your PT Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 05-04-2022

Default Pneumatic black tank dump valve

I've been slowly fixing all the broken things on my coach neglected by the previous owner, so my next issue is the black tank dump valve. It's stuck open and when I attempt to push it shut it won't budge and when switching the air operated open and close switch it does nothing as well. Is there a way to rebuild the actual gate valve without butchering up the plumbing to get it out and if so does anyone have a video or instructions on how to do it? Also does anyone have a source on a new air gate valve. I believe I've seen the inner parts available for sale, but not sure where. Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 05-04-2022

https://dupreeproducts.com/

2000 LX40 Millennium Limited Edition #4 of 6, 2020 - current
1987 PT38 8V92 "MacAttack Racing" SOLD, 2005 - 2020
1974 FC31 534 gas engine, air brakes (sold), 2003 - 2005
Anaheim Hills, Calif.
714 269-6187

Do Not Send PM (Private Messages) Please
curtsprenger@gmail.com
Old 05-04-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weavspeed79 View Post
I've been slowly fixing all the broken things on my coach neglected by the previous owner, so my next issue is the black tank dump valve. It's stuck open and when I attempt to push it shut it won't budge and when switching the air operated open and close switch it does nothing as well. Is there a way to rebuild the actual gate valve without butchering up the plumbing to get it out and if so does anyone have a video or instructions on how to do it? Also does anyone have a source on a new air gate valve. I believe I've seen the inner parts available for sale, but not sure where. Thanks in advance for the help.

Here is a how-to video on the Dupree Power Valve Assembly
Dupree Products
Old 05-04-2022

Thanks guys. If my memory serves me correct the top of my valve doesn't look like that. I'll have to verify that tomorrow in the daylight and if it doesn't, I'll take a photo of it and post it here.
Old 05-05-2022

Default Air piston

Seth
The one you have is likely at this link. https://dupreeproducts.com/collectio...ithout-housing

The paddle is available by itself also.

I had the pleasure of removing my stuck gray water valve. Give me a call if you need a hand.
russbeardsley@me.com
Old 05-05-2022

Quote:
When you say, 'does nothing,' I assume you mean the air piston/valve doesn't move. But do you hear the air releasing out of the exhaust port on the switch? (First make sure that there is aux air pressure on the local gauge.) If you hear no air sound at all, then don't tear into the valve. It could be as simple as a faulty Clippard switch or butchered air plumbing. You could also pull both air lines off the air cylinder (which may vent all your AUX air) and then see if you can manually move the cylinder. And if it's still stuck, only then would I pull the top of the valve off.
Old 05-05-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by mose View Post
When you say, 'does nothing,' I assume you mean the air piston/valve doesn't move. But do you hear the air releasing out of the exhaust port on the switch? (First make sure that there is aux air pressure on the local gauge.) If you hear no air sound at all, then don't tear into the valve. It could be as simple as a faulty Clippard switch or butchered air plumbing. You could also pull both air lines off the air cylinder (which may vent all your AUX air) and then see if you can manually move the cylinder. And if it's still stuck, only then would I pull the top of the valve off.
There is air pressure on the gauge next to the switches and yes when I switch the valve to open and close it vents air at the switch. I haven't tried taking the air lines off yet, will do that tonight, and check valve movement then. The way it feels when I'm pushing it is that something is jammed. I might be able to fix it without replacing anything. Just need to take it apart.
Old 05-05-2022

Quote:
There is air pressure on the gauge next to the switches and yes when I switch the valve to open and close it vents air at the switch. I haven't tried taking the air lines off yet, will do that tonight, and check valve movement then. The way it feels when I'm pushing it is that something is jammed. I might be able to fix it without replacing anything. Just need to take it apart.
Yep, you're probably correct. Removing the air lines will eliminate any air/switch issues. But it will vent your AUX since one of the air lines will always be pressurized (open or closed).

If you have the original Dupree valve, you will likely end up replacing the paddle/seal. One of mine was sticking/leaking when I bought my bus as the rubber seal was torn. Not a bad idea to have a spare anyway, for yourself or for barter at the next rally.