Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Eclipse
WOG YouTube

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Engine

Engine Discussion of preventative/corrective maintenance and other technical issues regarding your coach's engine.

Site Search:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 09-08-2022
Randy Dupree's Avatar
Randy Dupree Randy Dupree is online now
Forum owner
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Port St Joe,Fl
Posts: 50,285
Default

twin balance shafts that spin at twice engine speed,plus the oil pump plays a part in balancing.
http://www.detroitmanuals.info/series-50/02021c.html

lots of 4 cylinder engines use the oil pump as the balance shaft,as small as the 2.5 chevy car engine use a special pump.
on the S50 oil analysis was required at every oil change,what were they scared of?
__________________
DO NOT SEND PM
email me at randy@randydupree.com only.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-08-2022
1984Lodge's Avatar
1984Lodge 1984Lodge is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Temple Terrace
Posts: 3,673
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
twin balance shafts that spin at twice engine speed,plus the oil pump plays a part in balancing.
http://www.detroitmanuals.info/series-50/02021c.html

lots of 4 cylinder engines use the oil pump as the balance shaft,as small as the 2.5 chevy car engine use a special pump.
on the S50 oil analysis was required at every oil change,what were they scared of?
They vibrated themselves apart..
__________________

Jeff LoGiudice
Jeff@GinosGarageUSA.com
Temple Terrace, Florida
1984 Bluebird PT40
#F063411 6V92TA & MT654CR
1998 Newell 2000 Coach #490
12.7L Series 60 & HD4060
YouTube-Gino's Garage https://www.youtube.com/user/xjrjeff
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm #460
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-08-2022
Randy Dupree's Avatar
Randy Dupree Randy Dupree is online now
Forum owner
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Port St Joe,Fl
Posts: 50,285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984Lodge View Post
They vibrated themselves apart..
and they were using oil pressure also somehow as a vibration damper,interesting.
__________________
DO NOT SEND PM
email me at randy@randydupree.com only.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-08-2022
1984Lodge's Avatar
1984Lodge 1984Lodge is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Temple Terrace
Posts: 3,673
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Dupree View Post
and they were using oil pressure also somehow as a vibration damper,interesting.
They also had issues oiling the counterbalance shafts, they made some changes to the rocker assembly in order to increase the oil pressure to the balance shafts. Possibly because they are spinning at twice the RPM of the engine?
__________________

Jeff LoGiudice
Jeff@GinosGarageUSA.com
Temple Terrace, Florida
1984 Bluebird PT40
#F063411 6V92TA & MT654CR
1998 Newell 2000 Coach #490
12.7L Series 60 & HD4060
YouTube-Gino's Garage https://www.youtube.com/user/xjrjeff
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm #460
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-08-2022
Randy Dupree's Avatar
Randy Dupree Randy Dupree is online now
Forum owner
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Port St Joe,Fl
Posts: 50,285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984Lodge View Post
They also had issues oiling the counterbalance shafts, they made some changes to the rocker assembly in order to increase the oil pressure to the balance shafts. Possibly because they are spinning at twice the RPM of the engine?
yes,i read that as well.
__________________
DO NOT SEND PM
email me at randy@randydupree.com only.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
3208, fc31, swap

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Coolant Detroit 60 Series Hellcat LX and LXI (Unique Issues) 60 12-09-2023 10:38 PM
Cummins ISM versus Detroit 60 series opinion? AC7880 Engine 2 04-19-2015 09:01 PM
Detroit series 60 Luvoekars Engine 9 01-30-2015 10:15 AM
Series 60 swap for 8v72 Trawlercap General 1 02-25-2011 09:02 PM

Web Search:

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.