Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG YouTube

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters

HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters Questions and information about the wide variety of Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Heater systems available are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 04-09-2022

Default Thermostat upgrade

I've read through a bunch of posts on here, but haven't seen anything with what people have actually replaced the thermostats with. I am currently updating the wall paper above the sink and next to the shower in my 97 with tile and want to replace the two manual thermostats above the sink with more accurate digital ones. Has anyone done this and what thermostats did you use if you did? Thanks for your time in advance.
Old 04-10-2022

Microair makes a nice one, but it really depends on what you are looking for.
https://www.microair.net/products/ea...-rv-thermostat

You mention digital, but that doesn't mean it will be more comfortable, the overshoot margins are what really help dial in the temps and those can be just as accurate on an analog stat. For me it just means I can read the screen much easier and could check it from my phone instead of trying to crane my neck under the cabinet to read the stat. It could also give you a chance to install some remote temp sensors and help keep the average temp range more comfortable.

Are you talking about the TStats for the electric toe kicks and aquahot or something else?
Residential TStats are normally 24V so you need to make sure you are matching voltage and then getting the functions you want.

I HATE the way the AC system senses temp in ours, so I'm also looking at options both for the tstats and the roof units themselves. On ours, the actual temp sensor is in the plenum for the AC, so it has to start the fan to pull air across the sensor to decide if it wants to run or not. This leads to moments of silence interrupted by a howling windtunnel effect when it wants to sense the inside temp.

The Auto setting appears to be the only setting where the compressor itself is actually controlled, if I set the fan speed to Lo, Med or High, the compressor sees it as a call for cooling and never turns off. It's incredibly annoying since it shoots well past the set temp and just gets freezing cold overnight.
Old 04-10-2022

I tried changing out the thermostats by the bathroom sink with digitals, they did not work. I don't know why, but I changed back to the original which work just fine.

Brian Stephens
'97 WB43
Old 04-10-2022

I'm just looking for a cheap electric thermostat. If the old ones work and are accurate I'll stick with them. I just assumed a digital thermostat is more accurate. They both work just fine, was just looking to modernize the coach as I do improvements. Didn't want to spend 250 bucks per thermostat. I have way more important things to spend that on. Lol. Thanks for the input. I know RV t-stats operate at 12v, and house units are 24v. I did see some searching the web, was just looking to see if anyone else has given this a shot with success.
Old 04-10-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weavspeed79 View Post
I'm just looking for a cheap electric thermostat. If the old ones work and are accurate I'll stick with them. I just assumed a digital thermostat is more accurate. They both work just fine, was just looking to modernize the coach as I do improvements. Didn't want to spend 250 bucks per thermostat. I have way more important things to spend that on. Lol. Thanks for the input. I know RV t-stats operate at 12v, and house units are 24v. I did see some searching the web, was just looking to see if anyone else has given this a shot with success.
Try this https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.c...ad.php?t=16745

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX ME 2020 to Present
'93 WLWB 2008 to 2020
Bluebird of Happiness
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Old 04-10-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by isp2952 View Post
I checked for that thermostat. It looks like it's been discontinued. That's ultimately what I want. Something simple. I think digital thermostats have to be more accurate, I'll look for non programmable ones and see what I can find.
Old 04-10-2022
1995 WB 42’ Series 60

Digital are not necessary the answer .
New RV stats depend on brand etc. In order to change stats you may have to change your controller in you AC.
But for what it is worth, My new AC stat with digital in salon is under the cabinet just above. New stat is impossible to read without getting close and in some strange position to read. And no easy way to move it to a more usable location.
Home stats, they are set on a flat wall with nothing around it and set at 60” typically. That is not the case in an RV.
If you buy a new AC, might consider using individual over on common stat. There are RV stats that are Blue Tooth, Allowing you to adjust your stat from your smart phone, within Bluetooth range of the stat.
I have a home WiFi stat that not attached to HVAC in my coach. Can not adjust temp but It allows me to see the temp in the coach from anywhere, and can send alerts if temp is out of set range, Gives me Dog and Cat protection.
918-689-8800
Please use e mail instead of Private Message
Mallie@EuLake.com
Old 04-11-2022

I did replace my analog stats with digital one recently. I don't notice that they work any better but with a lighted keypad they are easy to read.
Lucky for me, Wanderlodge used one thermostat for each room rather than the zone system, started in 97....so not sure if these part numbers will work for zone systems.
This controller was added to my A/C's to use newer thermostats
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160627_134107.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	206.6 KB
ID:	80351  
Brooks, GA
...my buddy Cody
678-523-7920