Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG YouTube

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters

HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters Questions and information about the wide variety of Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Heater systems available are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 11-20-2022

I'm trying to track down a related issue. New to me '99LX had three new Penguin II roof A/C's installed with three EasyStart 364 soft starters and a Comfort Control Center II thermostat. If I select "furnace" on the thermostat, in any zone, it just blows air from the roof mounted unit. It never calls on the AquaHot to fire up and blow hot air from the (non-electric) floor heaters.

I haven't quite wrapped my head around a conversion process (?) when installing new A/C's on this older coach. I think it might be related to dip switch settings inside the unit on the roof but I'm not sure. Also not sure if the soft starts are related at all to the needed "controller" or to the conversion process. I thought they're only used to reduce inrush current during compressor start and aren't really related to the control side.

I'm still digging in and learning...but has anybody gone thru this already?

Thanks,
1987 FC35 (Sold)
Old 11-20-2022

Go roof side and remove the a/c shroud and the metal cover over the control board. You'll need to make sure the furnace dip switch is on. This would be on the zone 2 a/c which is where the hydronic heat is wired. After you set the dip switch you will need to reset the wall mounted controller so it will "see" the new setting. Find the owners manual for your particular model online to know which is the correct dip switch.

David & Nicole Stokes and Myla
Atlanta, Georgia
'98 LXi 43'
'00 LXi 43' SS
'89 WB 40'
2022 Jeep Gladiator Diesel

229-834-8677
Old 11-20-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Stokes View Post
Go roof side and remove the a/c shroud and the metal cover over the control board. You'll need to make sure the furnace dip switch is on. This would be on the zone 2 a/c which is where the hydronic heat is wired. After you set the dip switch you will need to reset the wall mounted controller so it will "see" the new setting. Find the owners manual for your particular model online to know which is the correct dip switch.
Thank you for the feedback. The PO installed all of this equipment three years ago at the same time so it defied my logic that an initial setup issue could be the problem. I just reset the thermostat and the problem is now solved!

Thanks again.
1987 FC35 (Sold)
Old 11-20-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinmerlo View Post
Thank you for the feedback. The PO installed all of this equipment three years ago at the same time so it defied my logic that an initial setup issue could be the problem. I just reset the thermostat and the problem is now solved!

Thanks again.
It's usually the easy stuff. Glad you got it working.

David & Nicole Stokes and Myla
Atlanta, Georgia
'98 LXi 43'
'00 LXi 43' SS
'89 WB 40'
2022 Jeep Gladiator Diesel

229-834-8677
Old 11-21-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crit Bliss View Post
We are putting a new Dometic 15k high output heatpump on the front of our coach. The challenge for us is Dometic has been delaying the shipment of the analog style unit with all the controls on the heatpump itself so we are now having to add a wall thermostat
At first read I thought you were going to strap it to the radiator supports.