Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Eclipse
WOG YouTube

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters

HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters Questions and information about the wide variety of Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Heater systems available are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 11-17-2022

Default 43LXI fresh water manifolds

My fresh water valve manifold developed a fracture. I removed both the hot and cold manifolds and I could just make new ones out of cpvc like the originals. But given how brittle it gets (mine cracked even more during removal), I was wondering if there were any better alternatives?
Seems a shame to attach the pex tubes to cpvc valves.
Anyone try a different approach?

Thanks!
2018 Subaru Crosstrek toad
Old 11-17-2022

I have full copper manifolds in my 98 with metal 1/4 turn valves soldered to each manifold outlet. Each valve has a copper to PEX crimp fitting. The copper manifolds can come with however many outlets you need.

David & Nicole Stokes and Myla
Atlanta, Georgia
'98 LXi 43'
'00 LXi 43' SS
'89 WB 40'
2022 Jeep Gladiator Diesel

229-834-8677
Old 11-17-2022

Look up the Manibloc! You'll love it In the image all of the CPVC on my 98 LXI has been removed above the AquaHot (which also froze). The Manibloc has the blue cold water connections completed and I connected the Red next. Works great. Call me if you have questions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7760.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	83703  
russbeardsley@me.com
Old 11-17-2022
Forum owner

Several other guys have installed a "manoblok" or however they spell it.
one guy had 2,one for hot water,one for cold,instead of the all in one style,he found it easier to mount.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 11-18-2022

Thanks guys,
Sounds like good options.

The manibloc is pretty cool!
Old 11-18-2022

Thanks guys,
Sounds like good options.

The manibloc is pretty cool!
Old 11-18-2022
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Beardsley View Post
Look up the Manibloc! You'll love it In the image all of the CPVC on my 98 LXI has been removed above the AquaHot (which also froze). The Manibloc has the blue cold water connections completed and I connected the Red next. Works great. Call me if you have questions.
Russ did a good job,i think he did have to buy a crimper for the rings on the lines,right Russ?

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 11-18-2022

I did buy the Crimper and it worked great. I resigned and rerouted much of the bay water distribution with colored Pex and am very happy with results. By the way, it was the first project I did on the LXI since it had all froze up prior to my purchase.

I have attached an image of the ribbon crimper bands I used. Notice the crimp loops on all connections are facing out incase they need to be removed. These small crimper loops can be gently and easily cut with a dremal allowing repair anytime anywhere.

The other images are the original water pump plumbling and the complete rebuild I completed

Randy suggested the Manibloc and gave a Newbe (me) a lot of guidance. I really appreciated the number of times he answered his phone when my number showed up on the screen.

Also Thank you Lucas Willemse for vast knowledge.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Unknown-1.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	202.7 KB
ID:	83716   Click image for larger version

Name:	66379146521__474B94B2-9C39-4B49-BDB7-EBB12502413A.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	192.7 KB
ID:	83717   Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpeg
Views:	104
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	83718  
russbeardsley@me.com
Old 11-18-2022

Looks great!
Thanks for the extra pics, I was thinking you must have had to put at least elbows in for each water line. I don’t recall what is on the other side of the bulkhead behind the manifolds - was there anything you had to watch out for when drilling the mounting holes (hopefully not a tank tight against the wall).

I may need a hot water heater as I have a very slow drip from the exhaust port under the Aquahot ( although it could just be some of the water from the manifold leak).

What did you do for a water heater and where did you place it? (In case I need one)
Old 11-19-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjanecke View Post
Looks great!
Thanks for the extra pics, I was thinking you must have had to put at least elbows in for each water line. I don’t recall what is on the other side of the bulkhead behind the manifolds - was there anything you had to watch out for when drilling the mounting holes (hopefully not a tank tight against the wall).

I may need a hot water heater as I have a very slow drip from the exhaust port under the Aquahot ( although it could just be some of the water from the manifold leak).

What did you do for a water heater and where did you place it? (In case I need one)
The elbows are provided but you will need to know the size of Pex you have when ordering.

The wall is hollow at that location show it is ok to drill holes for your metal screws

You will likely need to relocate a Bendix module to the bay side wall to accommodate the Manibloc.

Your water heater and coach interior heater are the Aquahot that sits directly below the Manibloc. Just for clarity, the Aquahot is a diesel burner that heats a tank chamber of antifreeze. That antifreeze heats a copper coil full of water from your fresh water tank for your hot water needs. Secondly, the heated antifreeze, when called for, circulates through the coach providing heat through small registers backed by small fans. The antifreeze lines run to and from the engine allowing the antifreeze to preheat the engine and when the engine is up to temperature it provides the Aquahot with with hot antifreeze reducing the need of the diesel burner to come on. The Aquahot tank also has an electric element that will heat the antifreeze/water when you are hooked up to sufficient power. Just like the antifreeze is used to heat your coaches interior there are three heating registers with fans in the lower bays.

As for the drip, verify whether it is water of antifreeze. It would be helpful if you could post a picture of your Aquahot. I would like to know if your cover is in place over the burner and operation lines.

What information I have missed other more experienced owners, I have only had my LXI for a year, will fill in.
russbeardsley@me.com