Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG YouTube

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Campgrounds, RV Parks, Other Places to Sleep, or TO STAY AWAY FROM

Campgrounds, RV Parks, Other Places to Sleep, or TO STAY AWAY FROM Post your questions or comments here about your favorite campground, RV park, rest area, Walmart or Cracker Barrel parking lot where you like to get your shut eye, or WHERE TO STAY AWAY FROM.

Site Search:

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Talking Near Fort Collins, Colorado?

My friend in this area has moved out! Longmont is a bit far, and my family is down south in Colorado Springs... We start work for the Poudre school district July 08, and it's another big job that might take us about a month.

I'm finding that RV parks are very full this time of year, and they segregate their "long term" spots and won't let us have a short term spot consecutively. Colorado also seems more expensive than out east, electric is charged separately, and most parks list a 2 dog maximum in their rules....

Does this community know of any good spot to stay?

There is no availability at either nearby KOA.

I have a contact form out to Rocky Mountain View RV Park. They have restrictions and limits which additional money can overcome as far as >2 pets and people. I liked their website so I hope they reach out when the office opens and are as friendly as advertised...

I'm still browsing options via googlemaps....
Thanks if you can help!

Edit to add: we'll be in a school bus (not Blub yet) with a chaser/separate work truck.
froggyaimee@gmail.com

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeyedtreefr0g View Post
My friend in this area has moved out! Longmont is a bit far, and my family is down south in Colorado Springs... We start work for the Poudre school district July 08, and it's another big job that might take us about a month.

I'm finding that RV parks are very full this time of year, and they segregate their "long term" spots and won't let us have a short term spot consecutively. Colorado also seems more expensive than out east, electric is charged separately, and most parks list a 2 dog maximum in their rules....

Does this community know of any good spot to stay?

There is no availability at either nearby KOA.

I have a contact form out to Rocky Mountain View RV Park. They have restrictions and limits which additional money can overcome as far as >2 pets and people. I liked their website so I hope they reach out when the office opens and are as friendly as advertised...

I'm still browsing options via googlemaps....
Thanks if you can help!

Edit to add: we'll be in a school bus (not Blub yet) with a chaser/separate work truck.
Have you considered a state or national park? Very few restrictions but you may have to move once or twice because two week max. is the norm.

Jim and Michele Walters
2000 LX ME 2020 to Present
'93 WLWB 2008 to 2020
Bluebird of Happiness
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
2002 Silverado Diesel 2500 HD 4x4
260-224-1278
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Default Check Larimer County Parks

Horsetooth Reservoir is a nice park, may have to move like ISP says!

Thomas Atencio
Littleton, Colorado
1988 FC35
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Forum owner

BUT ARE YOU CAMPING IN THAT SCHOOlie?
they may not allow that at all.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Forum owner

I camp in the costco parking lot and the walmart lot south of denver,when you wake up theres 30 cars etc parked around you with people living in them.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 2 Weeks Ago

I am asking about the schoolie, yes. It's still a full school bus with seats and all at the moment, but that can change fairly quickly.

The camper has developed a roof leak with the temperature variations happening here- 100 degree dry days and then a cold thunderstorm and 70 degree days has probably loosened up a previous shoddy seal job. But we also know the air conditioner cannot keep up with that high temperature. There is no easy setup (with 6 dogs and 3 people able to function, I mean) to use the indoor portable machine too and have it seal it's heat outside and also drain properly. There's only so much demolition you can do and all when you're still making payments on the thing.

At least the school bus is all mine. I'm working on title and insurance for it.

We'll probably commute the first couple days, it's about 3hr20 min from the Burlington house and the first day is never a full day of work anyway, it's a lot of reconnaissance, introductions, and product locating/inventory. Still looking and today is Monday when stuff is open...
froggyaimee@gmail.com