Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG YouTube

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > FC (Forward Control Unique Issues)

FC (Forward Control Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your FC model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.......List your FC Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 1 Week Ago

Fun Fun Fun
Old 4 Days Ago

Ok so all parts in as of 5 minutes ago. Valve NIB from eBay 75 bucks cheaper than Fleetpride. That kooky fitting is actually a 1/4 ODx 1/8 NPT 45 degree connector. That connector gos to a 4 line junction block. Getting that off the valve will be the tricky part. The rest is business as usual. Plan on soaking everything with wd40 later today and letting it sit overnight. Tomorrow or Tuesday will be work day weather dependent. Pic below of valve and 45 degree fitting. Stay tuned.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2362.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	200.1 KB
ID:	92528  
1995 WLWB sold
1980 FC 33 250T “Hummingbird aka Blissfulldaze”
Old 4 Days Ago

Awesome, I’m around Monday and Tuesday then heading North. Holla if you need help.
Old 1 Day Ago

Well it took a while but the job is complete. First Rutledge thank you for your kind offer of help. You’ve always offered and I truly appreciate it. Have a ball on you Tennessee vacation.
The Williams valve, wasn’t bad to install. Only took about 1 1/2 hours. Pretty straight forward. That kooky fitting tied to a multi line block wound up being two fittings with about 1/2 inch copper pipe between them. Just easied the one side gently off the valve. Picks below. Then spent the next day and 1/2 trouble shooting a bad new leveler valve. NOS about 13 years old. Gee what fun! It’s all buttoned up road tested twice and staying that way until after WOG!!!!!
I’m going to list a few tips for those of you who are new to suspension systems for the rest of you this is old hat.
1) safety block your vehicle. You know the drill.
2) don’t over tighten either copper or polymer air lines. Best to always snug them down, pull on the line to insure they are snug fire it up and retighten if it’s slightly leaking. Bring soapy water in a spay bottle or talcum powder. See pic 2
3) ALWAYS I MEAN ALWAYS use DOT approved fittings from a RELIABLE proven source. Not some junk stamped DOT. You’ll know by how much the real stuff costs! See pic 1 fitting brass/ copper and dot xxx stamped.
4) lastly carry wd40 and brake clean with you. If you have to service a bad old valve on the side of the road you can clean the inner system by shooting brake cleaner into the inlets and operating the valve level 180 degrees a few times to get it into the valve. Use compressed air to get it out while operating the valve leveler. Repeat with wd40. Carry compressed air in a can if you do not have it on board the bus. Works fine.
After WOG when the weather is much cooler here and my building is done I’m going to go back in and clean up some air lines. I need to order more DOT fittings and it’s just to freaking hot here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2364.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	92571   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2366.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	234.5 KB
ID:	92572  
1995 WLWB sold
1980 FC 33 250T “Hummingbird aka Blissfulldaze”