Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV

Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV Ready to take the plunge or looking to upgrade and you have questions? Folks are standing by ready to help.

Site Search:

Old 08-25-2010
garycz

Default sp36 or not

Friends
darn, lost the post! ok, start over. i am obviously a newcomer, but have decided to go forward in the next year(retire in summer 11)and join the gypsie life. after much looking and discussion (bugging randy) i think SP is my choice. i owe 2 WOG members a call on their units, and have located one, with help of another WOG, in andover new york, 3 hours from me. can i interest anyone in a day trip to help me check it out. my wife is supportive, but best not to upset her with a multi thousand dollar mistake, done that before. we currently have a dually and jayco 39 fifth wheel that will go away. our plan is to have 30 day or less trips, and home base at our pad/pavillion next to our pond at our farm.
thanks to all
God Bless America!
gary
Old 08-25-2010
ANOTHER REDNECK

good for you

a sp will be great on 30 days out..we can run a week to 10 days with out needing water or to dump

we like the mid side door!

but all wanderlodges are great for 30 days at a time!~~~~~
Just a Hobby Shop now-Bird Repairs upon Appt and my Schedule -USAR Retired
Pleasanton Tx 78064
Do not use PM... please use
rwoody@fullnet.net
http://www.ebay.com/usr/woody19571

Old 08-27-2010
garycz

guys and gals of course
maybe i need to take the advice. i am looking potentailly at a sp36 in the andover new york area soon, but being new at this i need some help. can anyone spare some time to meet me there (it is south of buffalo near the ny pa border) and kind of help me look the unit over. on paper and picture, it looks promising.
gary czerkies
Old 08-27-2010
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by garycz View Post
guys and gals of course
maybe i need to take the advice. i am looking potentailly at a sp36 in the andover new york area soon, but being new at this i need some help. can anyone spare some time to meet me there (it is south of buffalo near the ny pa border) and kind of help me look the unit over. on paper and picture, it looks promising.
gary czerkies

Gary,

I moved your post over to your thread about the SP36 or not issue. It sounds like you have found one and hopefully there will be someone that can go with you to look it over, be sure to print out the check list from the Vintage 'Birds web site, I used it when I went to look at mine, you will find the check list at;

Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV > Vintage Bird Buyers Check List

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 08-27-2010

I'll also state that I love my SP36.

Seems to be a very good mix due to the single axle, but still a pusher. Not as much power as a Detroit, but the 3208 Turbo doesn't disappoint.

The increased headroom is great for a tall guy like me, and there is a good amount of basement storage.

Good luck with the SP in New York. Hope you like what you see!

-Robert
Linden, Michigan
Old 08-27-2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by garycz View Post
guys and gals of course
gary czerkies
Hi Gary,

SP is a desirable Wanderlodge 5 speed , 300 HP Cat single axle rear pusher, with lots of options, There are many owners on the Forum that can help, There is an annual Rally in Vernon NY, and BB owners in NY, PA, & New England,
Look for documentation of repair, & maintenance, try to find the History of how it was used.
Most important ask questions & keep us posted, Find more details, someone on the Forum may know this Bird.
Old 08-27-2010

if that coach is being sold by dave of mr goodbody it probably has a salvage title

Email stephen@dupreeproducts.com
www.dupreeproducts.com
Telephone 888 668 4288
cell 716 220 1267
Please use email or telephone to contact
Old 08-27-2010

Gary,

Good luck with the new bird, there will be other that will chim in and that can help. You can also post photos here so that we can see what you are going to buy so we can help that way also.

Denny
727 631 3844

1980 FC 33' SB
Old 08-27-2010

Ya know, I forgot about Goodbody! Stephen is right. If that's who is selling it, personally, I wouldn't recommend buying it, unless you have it professionally checked out first, and understand the pros and cons.

They sell salvage vehicles, and it appears that the most recent Birds that have acquired were flood vehicles. Not a very good idea in a coach as mechanically and electrically complicated as a Bird, IMHO.

The funny thing about electrical connectors is, you might not notice a problem right away, but eventually, those connectors will start corroding from the water. You'll start getting all sorts of electrical problems in your coach, and it will be a BEAR to try to trace out and repair the issues as they come up.

Anyway, good luck in your coach search!! Not trying to scare you away, just trying to ensure you are educated in what you are buying.

-Robert
Linden, Michigan
Old 08-27-2010
prone to wandering

FWIW, I love my SP36, to me it is the perfect combination of room, power and maneuverability. To quote Mr. Dupree, it is the "Corvette of Wanderlodges"
Good luck in your quest
Jim
jimdoel@me.com