Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters

HVAC, Air Conditioners, Aqua Hot, Primus, Webasto, Chassis Heaters, Furnaces and Water Heaters Questions and information about the wide variety of Heating and Air Conditioning as well as Water Heater systems available are discussed here.

Site Search:

Old 09-11-2018

The winter/summer switch only affects the chassis heaters. Check the LP 1/4 turn valves at each of the Suburban heaters. And the LP switch on the dash in front of driver has to be ON. Got propane in main tank and is the main valve turned ON?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLEROD View Post
Even if you don't have l.p. to the units the blowers should run and you would hear igniter try and light. It is odd all the units do not run blowers. Try cycling small switch on bottom of thermostats several times . It may be small contacts are not passing power. I have not looked at a wiring diagram for your unit. Is the a winter summer switch on or near dash?
SOLD 89 FC in 2012; SOLD 88 WB in 2016
Rolla, MO 65401
Old 09-11-2018
Big Fro

Do your thermostats have a green light on them? If so, light must be lit. There maybe a wall switch, black in color, near the "stats. If so, flip it and the green light should come on.

John Froelich & Carol Chambers
Sterling Heights, MI
88 WB XXV - *SOLD*
2018 Renegade Verona 36VSB
Old 09-11-2018

If there are switches near (under?) the thermostats labeled electric heat, they must be off.
Valparaiso, In./Baldwin, Mi.
Old 09-11-2018

The units are in the bathroom nearest the bedroom and between the sofa and the kitchen.

If you go outside on the drivers side, you should be able to see the exhaust vents which line up with the units. They are silver mesh caps about chest level.

Diego
Old 09-11-2018
Satellite dish installer.

On mine I have a manual shut off valve by the propane tank, and it would need to be open. I also have a electronic master shut off next to that. The electronic valve which would also need to be open, opens and closes due to 12 volts being sent to the valve by a control panel that is just above the floor between the fridge and the dinette. There is a button on this control panel that when pressed and held in for a bit opens or closes the valve. This control panel has a gas sensor built in and a light that is green when valve is open and red when not... This control panel also shuts off propane if the gas sensors in this control panel detect leaking gas. There also a gas detector at any of the propane appliances in the coach and will sound a audible warning that you have a gas leak...The gas detectors I understand are not reliable after they are over 8-10 years old and of course in our 30 year old coaches are outdated and unreliable. There is a electronic control panel in the upper cabinet to the left of the fridge that has lights to indicate if the gas detectors are detecting gas or not and a audible alarm and on mine I do not believe that they are working reliably...The remnote gas detectors are rectangular off white plastic boxes with 2 wires going to each detector and are about 2"x5"x1.5". I understand that the rocker switch at the drivers cockpit just turn on electric power for the heaters and have nothing to do with gas flow other than the gas valves in the suburban heaters will not open without electrical power.
You have a remote gas detector next to each suburban heater.

The fridge will work from 12v without propane and if there is propane getting to the fridge you will have a pilot light lit behind the fridge..
And as suggested the propane burners on the stove will work if you are getting propane from the tank and through these main valves...but the fridge and stove burners do not need much fuel to operate compared to the 2 suburban propane heaters which use a lot of fuel...

Les & Debra Willey
LesdotWilleyatSkywaySupplydotca
six04.7five6.192one
Mission, BC, Canada
88 WB40
Old 09-11-2018
Big Fro

Forgot I had this. John McGinnis gave me this back when I was a rookie. Good notes for all rookies.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf WanderlodgeHeat.pdf (96.4 KB, 45 views)

John Froelich & Carol Chambers
Sterling Heights, MI
88 WB XXV - *SOLD*
2018 Renegade Verona 36VSB
Old 09-12-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by giderich View Post
The winter/summer switch only affects the chassis heaters. Check the LP 1/4 turn valves at each of the Suburban heaters. And the LP switch on the dash in front of driver has to be ON. Got propane in main tank and is the main valve turned ON?
If you haven't used the suburban heaters before I would pull them out and clean them. I believe it was a sail switch? that would get dirty and not allow the unit to light.
Shane put on an excellent tech session before that we really should video. Along with what Dick said before.
Brooks, GA
Kip Cindy & Cody
678-523-7920
Old 09-13-2018

Like it was mentioned the furnaces should still blow even if there isn't propane. Things to check.

Electronic Master Switch is ON

LP Heat Switch on the dash is ON.
Switch Under Thermostat Electric Heat OFF
Switch On thermostat on Heat Mode.
Thermostat set high.

I can't think of anything easy electronically that may be causing the issue. Next would be checking for voltage at the thermostats, and furnaces. Then running down why you aren't getting power, if that's the issue.
Alpine, Texas
Full Timing
1989 WB 40 "Roll'n Home"
Blog: www.rhhelpers.com
Old 09-14-2018
Gardner

Here is a diagram of the thermostat system. Basically the LP on/off switch sets up the relays to enable the thermostats to control the LP heaters or Chassis heaters.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Chassis & LP Heat Common T-Stat 86 PT.PDF (108.1 KB, 13 views)
78 FC 33 Happinest (Sold)
Ridgewood, New Jersey
Old 09-16-2018

Default Thank you

Thank you for your help. I turned everything on and off about 20 times and it finally started working!