Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Parts Wanted

Parts Wanted Need a certain part for your coach? Post it here to see if someone has what you need or knows where you can find it.

Site Search:

Old 3 Weeks Ago

Default Cummins ISM water pump & starter

Randy,

I giving the WOG first shot. I want to carry a spare starter and water pump. I have them sourced local NP. If you or somebody in the WOG wants to sell them to me, please let me know.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 3 Weeks Ago

The starter is a VERY standard truck starter that should be easily available if and when needed. There is a starter thread on here somewhere that explains it. As I remember, there are 10 odd different part numbers that will work by simply rotating the housing (a few bolts) Also, there are OEM and Gear drive options. Unless you are going very remote, I would not carry one. (Let the parts store carry it)

If I did purchase a new starter, I would install it at home and carry the old one as a spare.
Birdless for now!
RShrimp@Yahoo.com
Old 3 Weeks Ago

I carry a new spare starter along with the tools to install if needed. Guess I should pick up a spare water pump.
Vise Grips
Bellefonte, AR
F127656
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Forum owner

As far as i know we (WOG) does not have a starter or water pump supplier,so your on your own!
But thanks for asking.
I do carry a starter,but i go to Alaska sometimes,and i have lots of spares on board.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 3 Weeks Ago

Thanks,

They are not like the alternator ($$$$) so I am going to get one. I did see where it fits like a hundred different engines. The water pump is a bit more specific. I know my engine S# so I found one. I might hedge my bet for the new alternator (that was just installed) by carrying a repair kit. That puppy cost over 1200$ installed at the dealer. Then I find the original unit has been superseded two times in 17 years. I asked them to upgrade me and they said it take too long ??? Of course the dealer said they installed 'what was on there'. That I might do in the Spring (upgrade), and keep the new/old one as a spare. While I have no plans to ride to the for north, you never know. I like to be as self sufficient as possible.

My wife is an RN she has put together a tote with enough first aid stuff to handle a major accident (she has always done the first responder thing). I have helped her a few times. One time a guy was hemorrhaging and I put pressure on his Femoral artery till EMS got there. Under the Good Samaritan laws, I can't be sued. My wife can since she is a licensed medical provider. So I am the one helping (the two times we did it). Something to think about being the road worriers we are. Randy, I bet I could talk my wife in giving a first aid talk at the WOG. She likes doing that.
2003 Wanderlodge 40LX
Body# F133835
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRasman View Post
Thanks,

They are not like the alternator ($$$$) so I am going to get one. I did see where it fits like a hundred different engines. The water pump is a bit more specific. I know my engine S# so I found one. I might hedge my bet for the new alternator (that was just installed) by carrying a repair kit. That puppy cost over 1200$ installed at the dealer. Then I find the original unit has been superseded two times in 17 years. I asked them to upgrade me and they said it take too long ??? Of course the dealer said they installed 'what was on there'. That I might do in the Spring (upgrade), and keep the new/old one as a spare. While I have no plans to ride to the for north, you never know. I like to be as self sufficient as possible.

My wife is an RN she has put together a tote with enough first aid stuff to handle a major accident (she has always done the first responder thing). I have helped her a few times. One time a guy was hemorrhaging and I put pressure on his Femoral artery till EMS got there. Under the Good Samaritan laws, I can't be sued. My wife can since she is a licensed medical provider. So I am the one helping (the two times we did it). Something to think about being the road worriers we are. Randy, I bet I could talk my wife in giving a first aid talk at the WOG. She likes doing that.
Shoot me an email Chris. I will get her on the schedule.
I would suggest a direction that shows what to have in a REAL first aid kit.
I would suggest a CPR class but we only have 1 hr windows.
Birdless for now!
RShrimp@Yahoo.com