Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG YouTube

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Generators

Generators In this forum we will try to answer any of your questions about the different model generators that can be found on Blue Bird coach's.

Site Search:

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Thanks for all the replies and comments. After a few phone calls and further research online, I did pull the trigger on a new gen set. I will be posting my installation on my Busin Loose thread once it arrives.

In the meantime I was able to resurrect the Kohler once again in the short term.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqwrench View Post
The 31' and 33' buses come with a 30-gallon gasoline fuel tank already. On my RB model it's on the curb side behind the duals. I think the fuel gumming is related to running with corn gasoline (E10 or w/e). Stabil + Rec Fuel in anything in my inventory fires up zero trouble, even after 3 years.

Not throwing cold water on diesel gen sets, makes sense on buses like ours that carry that much diesel fuel. If I went there, I'd keep the 30g, and stand up a pump/switch to refuel that from the main tank. Someday...
Same on my former fc, I usually ran the generator off the 30g tank to keep the fuel moving
2000LX
Cape Cod,ma
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullerr View Post
Thanks for all the replies and comments. After a few phone calls and further research online, I did pull the trigger on a new gen set. I will be posting my installation on my Busin Loose thread once it arrives.

In the meantime I was able to resurrect the Kohler once again in the short term.
What did you get, or do we have to wait to find out.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Burnin Up in Az. :-)

Quote:
The 31' and 33' buses come with a 30-gallon gasoline fuel tank already. On my RB model it's on the curb side behind the duals. I think the fuel gumming is related to running with corn gasoline (E10 or w/e). Stabil + Rec Fuel in anything in my inventory fires up zero trouble, even after 3 years.
Good to know.. I've always had 35' buses, didn't know the early 80's 31/33 buses still had gas gensets? My 78 has a gas tank in the same location for the 12.5 Onan. As for gumming.. never had a gas anything that didn't need lots of maintenance after setting for over a year here in AZ.

Quote:
Not throwing cold water on diesel gen sets, makes sense on buses like ours that carry that much diesel fuel. If I went there, I'd keep the 30g, and stand up a pump/switch to refuel that from the main tank. Someday...
Interesting idea? Once I've switched from gas to diesel in the 78FC35 I was pondering the idea of removing the genset gas tank to install another storage bay there. You know these older FC's don't have a lot of storage?
eMail=Mike.Putz@cox.net | Web=http://mikeputz.com/
FMCA #236459, Good Sam #17270530, Vintage Birds #1509
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
If I went there, I'd keep the 30g, and stand up a pump/switch to refuel that from the main tank. Someday...
We kept the 30g tank and I flushed all the gasoline out and filled it with diesel just for the generator. I considered a transfer pump so I could transfer it from the 30G tank to the main tank just to use up the genny fuel so I could keep the genny tank fresh, but decided that if I needed to do that I'd just do it with a pump and hoses.
250T, 4.33
https://www.instagram.com/79wanderlodgefc/