Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG YouTube

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > FC (Forward Control Unique Issues)

FC (Forward Control Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your FC model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.......List your FC Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Was about to ask the same question. How do you add MMO? I can guess
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallybird View Post
Bill thank you for the suggestions. Yeah you must be reading my mind. I want to put MMO into the system. Where Do I add it and how much! I did not know the wet tank needed servicing except for an occasional drain??? Is there something else I should be doing?? Thank you again in advance for the help! Yeah been thinking about an air dryer but it will be a spin on disposable and conveniently placed it I do it. Thanks again!
Sorry for the confusion, I meant to drain the wet tank and service the air dryer if equipped. I understand that early birds may not have an air dryer and I would definitely add one considering the humidity here in the south.
There should be an air connection to add air from an outside source, mine is on the wet tank. I purchased an inline desiccant air filter and a short whip hose from Harbor Freight. I fill the dessicant filter with MMO and attach to that service connection.

https://www.harborfreight.com/media/...mage_14002.jpg

Bill Lott
87 FC35 "Traveller"
Shalimar, Florida
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Bill, thank you for the clarification. Your information is extremely helpful. I’ll look at the wet tank and see is I can do the same thing. Harbor freight is close by here in Tallahassee. With the HCV valve failure in only 2-3 years and the bird now living full time in Florida an air dryer definitely makes sense. Thank you again for the help. Honestly the p147f doesn’t appear to look that old either. The one thing I’m going to do is introduce a couple of drops into the intake line while I have the valve out to get some mmo into the front air bag system. Should help until I can hook up the wet tank mmo system. Rutledge yeah I’m guess a couple of eye dropper tubes full into the wet tank ought to do it.
1995 WLWB sold
1980 FC 33 250T “Hummingbird aka Blissfulldaze”

Last edited by Tallybird; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:18 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike17ends View Post
You do stuff most people don't do, way to go Dave!
Lol. randy is right. At $200 bucks a pop and there is at least 4 on a WB, cleaning is mush easier on the wallet. I followed the lead of others. If you decide to clean yours, Disassemble and drop everything but the Felt filter in a bit of CLR and let it soak for about 30 minutes. Everything should come out squeaky clean. I cleaned the felt with a dry toothbrush to to get any nasty stuff off of it. Its only job seams to be to slow the escaping air when dumping so the coach doesn't drop like a rock. While you're at it, you could polish them too. I did
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5242.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	210.7 KB
ID:	92464  

David & Nicole Stokes and Myla
Atlanta, Georgia
'98 LXi 43'
'00 LXi 43' SS
'89 WB 40'
2022 Jeep Gladiator Diesel

229-834-8677
Old 2 Weeks Ago

“While you're at it, you could polish them too. I did “

Now we know what the Papas family will be doing next weekend

Bill Lott
87 FC35 "Traveller"
Shalimar, Florida
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Stokes View Post
Lol. randy is right. At $200 bucks a pop and there is at least 4 on a WB, cleaning is mush easier on the wallet. I followed the lead of others. If you decide to clean yours, Disassemble and drop everything but the Felt filter in a bit of CLR and let it soak for about 30 minutes. Everything should come out squeaky clean. I cleaned the felt with a dry toothbrush to to get any nasty stuff off of it. Its only job seams to be to slow the escaping air when dumping so the coach doesn't drop like a rock. While you're at it, you could polish them too. I did
the felt is a filter,it cleans the air both ways.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 2 Weeks Ago

This was in an old thread
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dump Valve WM 147 F-J-P specification_sheet.pdf (586.5 KB, 19 views)

Bill Lott
87 FC35 "Traveller"
Shalimar, Florida
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Dave, thank you for the rebuilding information. Extremely helpful! Awesome. Yeah, with 4 on an LXI I understand why you rebuild them.
Bill yeah that’s the pdf I found also. I think I’ll leave the polishing to Dave and the Pappas! It sure is pretty though!!!! :-) would look good on a chassis cam when you run the bird over the auction block at Barrett Jackson! Teehee!
Randy thank you for the felt clarification. The toothbrush trick and some low volume air should clean it well
Heat advisories every stinking day so trying to get the valve out is a challenge for a guy my age, not complaining, I love the work, but the heat ugh! I do have the bird repositioned close to the house on a concrete slab and the sun comes up on the back of the house so I get about 2 hours early am before I have to quit for the day. I also have a high volume fan that I use also which helps.
Everyone thank you for all the suggestions and information. This is a great thread that those after us that need help with this valve can easily find and everything you need is in one thread including the pdf. Thanks again!
1995 WLWB sold

Last edited by Tallybird; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:24 PM. Reason: Add
Old 1 Week Ago

Just wanted to add I ordered the valve off eBay. Vendor has sold 95 with 8 in stock. 175.??
I also googled “ Williams 147p rebuild kit” per the pdf. Several places sell them, in stock, between 80-100 bucks. Just in case the rubber/ metal disc is bad, then you will need the rebuild kit when using Dave’s instructions.
1995 WLWB sold
Old 1 Week Ago

Ok ,so I was out working on the bus Monday. Complete fluids checks, watered the batteries etc. decided to lay under the bus and plan my attack for removing the valve. What an effen rats nest! One fitting 30-40 degree angle I’ve never seen before! Ok I’ll post a pic in the next update. Anyway back on amazon ordered two 100 piece each dot multi size fittings sets. Lo and behold, that kooky fitting in one of the sets, just an updated version. BTW these sets are for dot applications. Also purchased additional fittings I’ll need in addition to 25 ft of dot hose. I plan on try to clean up the rats nest and replace lines to eliminate excess fittings and make remove/ install much easier. Stay tuned all parts in this weekend. If the weather holds early next week is attack day.
1995 WLWB sold