Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG YouTube

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues)

BMC (Bluebird Motor Coach Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your BMC coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it.....List your BMC Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 5 Days Ago

I had bought a renology 50Amp Dc to Dc charger that also was an MPPT solar controller, but on receiving it seems pretty lightweight and on reflection I think it limits me to 700W of solar, which in all likelihood will increase in the future. so I have decided to go with a 60Amp Dc-Dc charger and a separate 60Amp MPPT solar controller, which gives me room for a couple hundred more watts on the roof.

I am still trying to figure out where all these darn battery cables and wires go though.

So expect more questions!!
84 FC 35 sold
Old 5 Days Ago
Jolene’s Mechanic

Bill, This is what i do on my BMC. The Magnum 2800 inverter charger takes care of my house battery's (3 200 amp lithium's at 125 amps charging) The alternator takes care of the coach battery's. This way the lithium's will charge when plugged to shore power or the genny is running.

Bill and Christina Sams
Johnson City, TN
1995 BMC 37 (Jolene) 8.3 Cummins Turbo Diesel
2021 Jeep Cherokee (Trail Hawk) Toad
423-202-0406
Old 4 Days Ago

Starting to take things apart to determine routing of wires and locations of fuses and such. Wondering I have an existing pass through into the roof which formerly provided access for satellite TV which I won't use and have mostly removed. This will get my solar cables into the back of a upper cabinet which means I can go up and down the bus pretty freely. The problem is I need to get into the battery compartment on the passenger side rear and I don't see an easy way of doing that. Any suggestions

Thanks
84 FC 35 sold
Old 4 Days Ago

I ran mine from a roof junction box, supplied by AM Solar, down into the space where the washer/dryer is, passenger side just in front of the bedroom closet. Installed the controller inside, climate controlled, and have good access to the wire chase to run the control cable any where in the bus.ran the wires to the batteries into the closet on the floor then out of the closet under the carpet and down into the battery box. I have a 500 watt solar system and my controller make no noise.
Old 4 Days Ago

Ok thanks, I spent a good part of today crawling, poking and peering in cracks to find a suitable route and I think I reached pretty much the same conclusion, I am thinking the fuse in the washer cabinet and the controller in the tv space above the closet, I thought about noise and it should be quiet at night when there's no sunlight so I think noise will be no issue.
84 FC 35 sold