Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG YouTube

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > 'Bird Projects & Modifications

'Bird Projects & Modifications Share with us that latest project or modification that you have done to your 'Bird right here.

Site Search:

Old 1 Week Ago

Congratulations Rutledge. Nice job! That Yami should be very reliable for you. Just in time. Business is picking up around here. If Beryl is any indication that Yami will be busy. ;-) yup blood and sweat means a job well done.
1995 WLWB sold
1980 FC 33 250T “Hummingbird aka Blissfulldaze”

Last edited by Tallybird; 1 Week Ago at 09:12 AM. Reason: Add
Old 3 Days Ago

Well, today I finished doing some pin striping to add a little subtle detail. I installed exhaust wrap for the new generator. The airflow intake is at the back of the generator bay in the floor. It then travels through the generator to be expelled near the generator bay door. This is also where the exhaust exists the machine. Since the exhaust is run close to this intake I figured adding some exhaust wrap might reduce some of the hot air.

Oh, look… Amazon arrived with some new MaxxAir deluxe fans. I got one installed tonight and one more to go in the bathroom tomorrow. This is a 10 speed fan with reverse and a built in design that has a rain hood. It’s also low profile.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4189.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	218.7 KB
ID:	92500   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4188.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	207.1 KB
ID:	92501   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4187.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	195.4 KB
ID:	92502   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4183.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	210.8 KB
ID:	92503   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4185.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	190.7 KB
ID:	92504  
Old 3 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullerr View Post
Well, today I finished doing some pin striping to add a little subtle detail. I installed exhaust wrap for the new generator. The airflow intake is at the back of the generator bay in the floor. It then travels through the generator to be expelled near the generator bay door. This is also where the exhaust exists the machine. Since the exhaust is run close to this intake I figured adding some exhaust wrap might reduce some of the hot air.

Oh, look… Amazon arrived with some new MaxxAir deluxe fans. I got one installed tonight and one more to go in the bathroom tomorrow. This is a 10 speed fan with reverse and a built in design that has a rain hood. It’s also low profile.
Pinstriping looks nice, I couldn't envision what you had planned there, but it came out very well. Fan is a nice add. Kool-matic in my coach still wants to suck my hair into it when I walk by, on high, so I'm covered there. That generator exhaust is actually lower than the tray itself? Is it lower than the bottom of the door? No wonder Randy talks about raising that whole mess up. Makes me wonder if my overall ride height needs to come up a bit...
Old 2 Days Ago

Nice work. Bus looks awesome and max fans are really neat. Work great in the rain. Suggestion. Put some screen over the intake. I see the vents. The screen will catch the road dirt and you can clean it off with an offset broom. Happy travels.
1995 WLWB sold
1980 FC 33 250T “Hummingbird aka Blissfulldaze”