Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG YouTube

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > How to use the Forum Features

How to use the Forum Features Information on general forum usage and reading/posting messages. also "How To Do It" TUTORIAL Instructions, on using the forum

Site Search:

Old 1 Week Ago
1resolute

Default LLC used to register it in Montana?

I’ve heard you can create an LLC, I think in Montana and register your motorhome there without having to live there. Anyone know anything about this? As I need to do this if true
Mine is registered in California and they’re requiring a “smog check” on all such diesel vehicles. Insane!
Old 1 Week Ago
Super Moderator

It is true. Montana does allow this and people have been doing it with expensive toys of all types to avoid taxes, but I would advise against it. Nothing stops your state from finding out and going after you. Much easier to pass the smog than face criminal charges when the database queries catch up with you.
Old 1 Week Ago
Forum owner

i think other states have the same program,one of the Dakotas maybe?
But i'm with Jim R.
simply put,its tax avasion .
Its not worth the risk to Carol and I.
Plus how does your coach insurance work with the bus plated in another state?
I'm sure lots of guys here can help with this.

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 1 Week Ago

People have been doing this for a very long time. I think most states allow creation of an LLC and owners of the shares can reside anywhere in the world. MT and SD don't have a 'sales tax' on vehicles so that's why LLC are buying and registering expensive stuff in these states.It is a perfectly legal. Where the problem comes in is when you sign any form that states the state where your 'toy' is domiciled or will spend the majority of it's time. Then aa an officer of the LLC you may have provided false information. People who are full timing in an rv registered to an LLC would be fine as they would not know where they will be at any given time. However someone from GA whose LLC buys a 2 million $ Newell and parks it for 11 months a year in a barn in GA may be committing an offence. Also remember that the LLC will own your coach. In most cases that wont matter. There is a lot of misinformation about this subject on the internet We have 2 LLC in MT. We have our farm in 1 and our machinery in the other. LLC limits our liability and allows easier movement of equipment over the international border.
MCI 8
1986 Newell 40 (Sold)
1999 LX 40
2001 LXI (Sold)
Pace 28' stacker
Old 1 Week Ago
1resolute

Just FYI
I’m not do anything to evade taxes and government fees
The Coach will never be stationed in California
I’m just exploring options for other reasons
Thanks every one for their valuable input!
Old 1 Week Ago
Administrator

search LLC, Montana, Calif, there are many threads and posts on this topic.
Old 1 Week Ago
Super Moderator

The 2 stroke guys are passing with flying colors. The 4 stroke cummins in your bus will have no problem with the smog test unless it has a major issue that should be fixed anyways.
Old 1 Week Ago

So ill say this I have a customer has 200 classic cars all are under an LLC in Montana. He dioesnt drive any of the much so I though thats how he gets away with it. But I have another friend works for a roofing supply they have outfits all over the country. Every single truck and car in that companies fleet is registered in virginia. Thats like a few thousand vehicles..Hundreds in CA driving around they've been doing that for decades. To dispel the tax evasion part that is being thrown around the LLC or an another state corp is what makes it legal. Someone told me to hire a lawyer $1500 and then $250 to reg my coach for as long as I own it as its over 10 years old. Not sure thats the way to GO wink wink I am not for tax evasion but I sure as Shiiiit will take advantage of every loophole I can. PLAY THE GAME. Ask a lawyer.
Btw CA has a property tax on boats and airplanes ect it has not applied to RVs however as I understand it Ca legislature is trying to include RVs in that but again hasnt happened yet be prepared to pay property tax on your coach annually in ca eventually.

Dave

https://www.instagram.com/theribbitt?utm_source=qr

https://instagram.com/artistformerly...VhN2U2NjQ0Yg==

Last edited by Vonhitch; 1 Week Ago at 12:09 PM. Reason: Said some stuff
Old 1 Week Ago
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonhitch View Post
So ill say this I have a customer has 200 classic cars all are under an LLC in Montana. He dioesnt drive any of the much so I though thats how he gets away with it. But I have another friend works for a roofing supply they have outfits all over the country. Every single truck and car in that companies fleet is registered in virginia. Thats like a few thousand vehicles..Hundreds in CA driving around they've been doing that for decades. To dispel the tax evasion part that is being thrown around the LLC or an another state corp is what makes it legal. Someone told me to hire a lawyer $1500 and then $250 to reg my coach for as long as I own it as its over 10 years old. Not sure thats the way to GO wink wink I am not for tax evasion but I sure as Shiiiit will take advantage of every loophole I can. The rich people have LLCs ontop of LLCs with holding corps ONTOP of that. Its called play the game folks. Heck i follow Nancy Pelosi stocks and others its all available open source info on the net. I do pretty good with that!!! PLAY THE GAME. Ask a lawyer.
Btw CA has a property tax on boats and airplanes ect it has not applied to RVs however as I understand it Ca legislature is trying to include RVs in that but again hasnt happened yet be prepared to pay property tax on your coach annually in ca eventually.

Dave

Warning!!
we are getting real close to playing with politics.
if it goes political we will close this thread.
thanks to all for keeping it open.
(in other words,no politics)

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Port St Joe Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 1 Week Ago

Sorry didnt mean it that way Randy
Dave

https://www.instagram.com/theribbitt?utm_source=qr