Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > How to use the Forum Features

How to use the Forum Features Information on general forum usage and reading/posting messages. also "How To Do It" TUTORIAL Instructions, on using the forum

Site Search:

Old 01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norskelodger View Post
These are the steps I used to upload pictures (see pictures). This was on a newer Samsung Galaxy S3, running the newest Android operating system. The phone I had before this was an HTC Incredible, and I think Chrome worked the same on that phone, too. But I would recommend downloading Chrome from the app store and using it instead of the internet app that comes with phone, it seems more versatile. You can see the icon in the first picture, it is on the right side, about halfway down on my home screen.

Chris
Chris,
Thanks for the great post (with pictures). I don't have google chrome on my phone and I'm not sure if I can download it because of the older version of android system that is running on my phone. I will have to ask my son tonight.
Westchester Sandblast
Old 01-23-2013

Tom,

I just looked at the Google Play website (where the apps are), and it looks like Chrome will download and run on all Android phones (where it says 'version', it says 'varies with device'). So, you would need to download it and try it. If all else fails, these Galaxy S3 phones are a great upgrade - they are very fast, and the larger screen is great for both viewing and trying to get my large fingers on the right soft keys! I've been very impressed with this thing.

Chris

Chris Blegen
La Crosse, WI
1989 SP36 Silver Edition
Old 01-23-2013

Sorrentino, Just put a sheep skin over that android and sit on it for a while. It will all be OK. (inside joke)

John Heckman
Shippensburg Pa
1987 PT 36
The Bella Mia
Old 01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norskelodger View Post
Tom,

I just looked at the Google Play website (where the apps are), and it looks like Chrome will download and run on all Android phones (where it says 'version', it says 'varies with device'). So, you would need to download it and try it. If all else fails, these Galaxy S3 phones are a great upgrade - they are very fast, and the larger screen is great for both viewing and trying to get my large fingers on the right soft keys! I've been very impressed with this thing.

Chris
Thanks Chris, when I try to download it it says "your device isn't compatible with this version". So I'll just have to live with it or get a new phone, which would be a shame because after 2 1/2 years I'm just learning to work this one Thanks for all your help.
Westchester Sandblast
Old 01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas_sorrentino View Post
Thanks Chris, when I try to download it it says "your device isn't compatible with this version". So I'll just have to live with it or get a new phone, which would be a shame because after 2 1/2 years I'm just learning to work this one Thanks for all your help.
Same here Tom! I started researching my options. Battery dies too fast when I use phone a lot, especially Sirius which is constant usage. I could just buy a new battery for it, even an extended battery. Or a new phone, like the Motorola Razr M, for free, but then they charge you an upgrade fee of $30, plus then I lose my unlimited data plan and need to adjust that. Too many variables, I need to research it better. Maybe an overall family plan will work and then my wife can upgrade to an Android too. I see others mentioning Galaxy and such, nice phones but I'm spending 250-300 for a new phone! Rather spend that on the Bird.
VB 1570
Old 02-09-2013

Default Edit picture using an I-Phone

I just reviewed John's instructions on how to add photo albums. I wanted to post a picture from my I-Phone. The instructions worked very well. I was able to upload the photo from my phone but the photo needs to be turned 90 degrees. I'm not sure why it loaded this way. The photo on the phone was upright when I uploaded it but it's sideways on my album here. Anyone have an idea as to what went wrong?
Old 02-09-2013
Forum Moderator

Roy, John may or may not have advice for your particular phone but he will be able to correct your picture if it needs to be reoriented
Old 02-09-2013

Thanks Rob. I can rotate photo's on the phone (I-Phone 5), but didn't see any way to rotate it on the album.
Old 02-09-2013
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helimech View Post
Thanks Rob. I can rotate photo's on the phone (I-Phone 5), but didn't see any way to rotate it on the album.

It has to be rotated before loading it in your album. I cannot change it in your album for you.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11
Old 02-10-2013

John,
I will go back and rotate the picture on my phone and try the upload again. One more question -- can I import a photo from my album to a post? Thanks,

Roy