Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > How to use the Forum Features

How to use the Forum Features Information on general forum usage and reading/posting messages. also "How To Do It" TUTORIAL Instructions, on using the forum

Site Search:
Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2008
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Exclamation How do I read this NEW forum, like I did the old Yahoo forum on the Internet? UPDATED

Some of our members have asked me if there is a way to read this NEW forum like they did the old Yahoo form on the Internet? Well, while this may not be exactly as the yahoo site, it is close and after you do it a few times it will become just as easy as the old yahoo site. I will outline the steps below as well as in the displayed picture.

THE DISPLAYED FORUM PAGE PICTURE IS A MODERATORS PAGE AND MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL ITEMS ON IT THAT DO NOT APPEAR ON YOUR FORUM PAGES.

1. STARTING AT THE FRONT HOMEPAGE CLICK ON “QUICK LINKS”
2. CLICK ON “TODAY'S POSTS” THE NEWEST MESSAGES WILL BE IN BOLD LETTERS
3. FROM THE LIST CLICK ON THE MESSAGE THAT YOU WANT TO READ
4. AFTER YOU HAVE READ THE MESSAGE CLICK ON THE BACK BROWSER ARROW THEN READ NEXT MESSAGE
5. AFTER YOU ARE DONE READING ALL OF THE MESSAGES, CLICK ON “QUICK LINKS” AGAIN
6. FROM THE DROP DOWN LIST CLICK ON “MARK FORUMS READ”
7. THE NEXT TIME THAT YOU COME TO THE FORUM IF THERE ARE NO NEW POSTS YOU WILL GET THIS MESSAGE, BUT YOU CAN CLICK ON “HERE” AND IT WILL THEN SHOW THE LAST 24 HOURS MESSAGES.

http://www.pbase.com/iamflagman/image/109116777

I strongly suggest that you use this method and not rely on your recent posts to show up under the New Posts which sometime is unreliable in showing new posts on the forum if at all.

If you have been away from the forum for a while and want to find all of the posts that are new to you since your last visit, I suggest that you read this thread;

Wanderlodge Owners Group > Frequently Asked Questions > Forum Features > How do I read messages older than 24 hours?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	READING THE NEW FORUM LIKE THE OLD YAHOO WEB SITE.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	441.2 KB
ID:	1244  
Closed Thread