Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics

Service Centers & Mobile Mechanics Good Places To Stop For Repairs And Maintenance, Mobile Mechanics, Or Bad Places To Avoid Too -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please add the names of facilities that you can recommend for service and repairs for a 'Bird, or those places to avoid for the same things. Be sure to give as much information as you can....... NAME OF BUSINESS..... BUSINESS LOCATION..... BUSINESS PHONE NUMBER..... BUSINESS CONTACT PERSON..... YEAR/ MODEL/ENGINE/TRANS OF 'BIRD WORKED ON..... WHAT ARE THEIR HOURLY REPAIR RATES..... SERVICE WAS GOOD, OR BAD..... WHAT KIND OF SERVICE, OR REPAIR WAS DONE..... REASON YOU RECOMMEND, OR AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM..... YOUR NAME..... Here is a tip about how to post your record and comments. First copy the topics above and then open a "New Thread" with the NAME OF THE BUSINESS and/or the TOWN WHERE THE BUSINESS IS LOCATED, then paste what you just copied there and then fill in the information.

Site Search:

Old 03-06-2009
(1943-2018) Forum Co-founder/Administrator

Default Powertech Service for your Generator

Power Tech products are the pinnacle of perfection in power generation. We are one of the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of mobile diesel generators.

Power Technology Southeast, Inc.
634 State Road 44
Leesburg, Florida 34748
Phone: (352) 365-2777
Fax: (352) 787-5545
Email: Powertech@powertech-gen.com
Toll-Free 800-760-0027
For more information, please contact one of the persons listed below:
Generator Sales - Sales@PowerTech-gen.com
Parts Sales - jimmys@atlantic.net
Service Manager - Jeff Jones- JeffJ@atlantic.net

120V VOLTAGE REGULAT..> 15-Jun-2010 12:27 262k
120V-240V VOLTAGE RE..> 15-Jun-2010 12:27 888k
POWERTECH 15KW genny..> 15-Jun-2010 12:27 213k
PT - 8-10-12 KSI OPE..> 11-Jul-2010 13:36 2.8M
PT-20KSI-2 manual 4 ..> 11-Jul-2010 13:35 966k
PTS MH-17.5 PTS MH-2..> 15-Jun-2010 12:27 4.9M
PTS OPERATORS MANUAL..> 11-Jul-2010 13:38 5.7M
PTSMH - 15-17.5-20 O..> 11-Jul-2010 13:38 5.5M
PTSMH-15-20manual.pdf 11-Jul-2010 13:39 1.6M
PTSMH15-17.5-OPERATO..> 11-Jul-2010 13:40 5.5M
READ FIRST PTS MH-17..> 15-Jun-2010 12:27 1k

Here is a typical Kubota engine oil dip stick location, yours may be slightly different.

Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > Generators > POWERTECH 15KW genny part numbers

Updated Powertech Parts List and Relay Bypass Fix
I've updated and combined the parts numbers here in this thread, please check through them and let me know if I need to make any additions or changes.

Powertech Generator 15KW Model: PTSMH-15BB

Fuel Pump;
  • Kubota #476459
Idler Pulley;
  • NAPA #7-05218
Fuel Shutoff Solenoid;
  • Powertech #05S0LKIT3 $176.53 + Freight
  • WOODWARD [SYNCRO START] Model; KUBOTA 3A W/1751ES P/N SA-4260-12
Fuel filter;
  • BB #3970860
  • NAPA #3390
  • Powertech #08FF081
  • Kubota #70000-43081
Oil filter;
  • BB #3970878
  • NAPA #1515
  • Baldwin #B5
  • Powertech #01FO091
  • WIX #51068
  • Kubota #70000-32091
Air filter;
  • BB #3838158
  • Donaldson #ECB05-5001
  • Powertech #04FA080
  • Kubota #70000-11080
Thermostat;
Water Pump;
  • Kubota #15521-73035
Water Pump Gasket;
  • Kubota #15766-73430
Fan Belt;
  • With Idler Pulley;
  • Powertech #03BF9447 $22.97
  • Kubota #15469-97010 or #15469-73010 (not specified idler or alternator)
  • NAPA #XL 25-9447 Dimensions; 31/64"X44-7/8" (12.5/13mm X 1140mm)
  • With Alternator;
  • Powertech #03BF0203
Low Oil Pressure Shutdown Switch 2 Pole;

Powertech #SM-19A-10R/ATV
Voltage Regulator;
  • Powertech #06REG634AVC - BASLER 63-4 AVC63-4 $295.50
Radiator Hoses:
  • Upper - Powertech #03HS0203U
  • Lower - Powertech #03HS0203L
Oil Capacity;
  • Crankcase Oil Sump and Filter 8.5 Qts. (8.04L)
LUBRICATING OIL VISCOSITY RECOMMENDATIONS;

Quote:
Originally Posted by GARY,M View Post
HARD START
Ive read all the treads on this and noticed my bleeder valve is closed tight .i may have done this .cant remember.and i read that it should be cracked just a hair .is that true on all powertechs powered by kabota? And yes tank is full.

GARY MALCANGI
1991 SP-36
LANSING,MICHIGAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregOConnor View Post
the kubota is self priming when you open the valve. allowing the lift pump to push the fuel back to the tank via this path. with the valve open the lift pump must keep up with both supplying the burn fuel and the bypass. I keep this valve slightly open all the time because I have a supply backflow problem and the lift pump is at the engine not at the supply. I think if it runs better withthe valve open it is overcomming an airleak issue like I have.

here is a video tip from a pro

http://www.youtube.com/v/XJn2kDnWQPU&hl=en_US&fs=1

Quote:
Powertech Generator won't start

I have a Powertech 10KW generator with a Kubota engine. It would not start the second day while day camping and I thought my battery had run down too much. When trying to start it, it hit about 2 licks and then went dead and nothing would happen. I tried every switch to turn it on (there are several) including the one on the side of the generator thinking I might have a bad switch but none of them worked. I clicked the reset button on and off, still no results.

I tried the battery switch to use the engine batteries (I know those are in great shape) instead of the coach batteries, still nothing. I took off the cables from the battery and cleaned them very well but did not try to start it at that point (figured I'd have more time the next day if the problem continued)

Then I tried the switch on the dash again after runnning down the road awhile the next day and heard the generator come on. Weird, but I thought it might just be a voltage problem and with my coach batteries charged back up from the alternator (if indeed that was the problem) I'd be fine. (always an optimist)

Well, after getting parked I tried it again. Won't start.

Maybe its a ground problem but I don't see where the ground is attached to that Kubota engine. Does anyone know where that attaches or have any other suggestions?

Thanks

CURE;

RELAY BYPASS CURE

OK, it's amazing how much good information one can get just by calling the companies.

I talked with Jeff Jones at Powertech. He told me to take off the cover to the control box (big rectangular box on the top in the front)and look inside and find a clear yellow tinted relay. This is the generator stop/shutoff relay. He said it was designed originally to prevent someone (like grandkids) from trying to start the generator while it was already running. He said those relays tended to quit after awhile so they don't even use them anymore. Attached to it are 2 blue wires, one black wire and one white wire. He told me to take off the two blue wires, cut off the connector ends and butt splice them together, effectively bypassing that relay.

Preheated the generator, it cranks up no problem.

Excellent! Even dummies can fix some things.

Now back to installing the connector I bought for the heater hose that was leaking. I sure hope that puddle I'll have to lay in dries out before this afternoon.

Lee Davis

Engine I.D. and Parts Ordering info.

http://www.engine.kubota.ne.jp/english/parts/index.html
Attached Thumbnails

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamflagman View Post
I called Powertech and talked to Jeff about setting up an appointment for some service work on my transplanted Powertech, Jeff informed me at this time they do not have a service tech anymore and didn't seem to be actively looking for one either, Mickey no longer works for them. He told me to call;

Van-Mor, Inc.
1703 SW 42nd Ave
Ocala, FL. 34474
PO Box 244
Ocala, FL. 34478
Phone: (352) 732-8524
E-Mail: mmoore@van-mor.com
http://www.van-mor.com/

I called and talked to Gerald and set up my appointment for the first week in January on my way to Clearwater for that rally, I'll post a report on the results. I talked to Randy and he said that he knew of Van-Mor and they have been in the specialty conversion business for years and they also have a fairly new and very large inside service department.

I made the trip to Ocala for the generator noise problem, which the two techs figured was the rear bearing as they had heard this noise in other Powertech's that they had worked on in the past. After removing the complete generator and drawer from my 'Bird shown below is what was involved in the repair, I was a little surprised by the amount of rust in that area, but I have been told that Powertech says that normal condensation can occur inside of the generator and if is allowed to just sit there it will create this situation, their solution is to exercise the generator more often to build up heat in that area which will in effect burn off the moisture, this generator has a little over 2000 hour on it and I'll make a point to exercise it more often as it took the two techs 8 hours to complete th job, nothing came apart easily for them and I sat there and performed my normal SUPERVISION from a chair that they provided for me the whole time except for my normal afternoon nap

The bearing that was removed was a HZ 6207RS we looked for a Timken bearing that would fit, but could not find one available locally, so a KOYO 62072RSC3 bearing was used, KOYO bearings are manufactured in Japan.

JOHN FINN
FORUM MODERATOR-ADMINISTRATOR
1982 FC35RB
I'm NO EXPERT, but I did stay in the FINN'S INN EXPRESS last night
HOPKINS, SOUTH CAROLINA
VISIT THE FINN'S INN EXPRESS REMODELING ADVENTURE AND TECH. TIPS
I'M SO SLOW ON THE HILLS,THAT I GET TO SMELL THE FLOWERS AS I GO BY.....AND WATCH THEM GROW TOO!! NOT SO MUCH ANYMORE
Visit the WILD HARE RACING website
REMEMBER 9/11

Last edited by iamflagman; 06-17-2015 at 02:36 AM.
Old 07-29-2010

Default Powertech Service for your Generator

My Powertech generator was overheating and shutting down due to a broken belt. Powertech in Leesburg, Fl (352-365-2777) changed the belt and the unit is working fine again. The company was professional and helpful. Unfortunately the generator had to be removed from the bus to access the belt, which was a timely process, however the staff was very accommodating and allowed power hook up while the work was performed.
Old 07-29-2010
Forum Moderator

David those guys at Powerteck know their stuff. They had my whole genny out, replaced the genny end and back together in just under 4 hours. The bill wasn't bad either
Old 10-24-2010

Default Powertech Generator Service in Albuquerque, NM

While rallying with the group at the 2010 Albuquerque Balloon Festival, my Powertech Generator decided that it was time for a new fan belt. I found an independently owned service center who did a great job, in a reasonable amount of time and at a fair price. If you are in the need, I highly recommend the guys at Power Generation Service; 5001 Edith NE in Albuquerque (505) 323-2032 or (505) 239-0108. They service generators of all sizes and types. They are also a Powertech authorized service center.
Old 10-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan & Cindy View Post
While rallying with the group at the 2010 Albuquerque Balloon Festival, my Powertech Generator decided that it was time for a new fan belt. I found an independently owned service center who did a great job, in a reasonable amount of time and at a fair price. If you are in the need, I highly recommend the guys at Power Generation Service; 5001 Edith NE in Albuquerque (505) 323-2032 or (505) 239-0108. They service generators of all sizes and types. They are also a Powertech authorized service center.
Dan, did they have to pull the generator to get to the belt?
Old 10-24-2010

Robert, they did have to pull my generator. Also the remove its cover and pull the radiator. There is just no other way to inspect or change the belt. Heck the only way I knew I had a problem was an over-temp shutdown. When I pulled the cover to verify I had the right level of oil, I saw a small fragment of the belt showing. About 7 hours labor for a $15 belt. That said, I wouldn't hesitate to go back to them for service if they weren't for the fact that it would be a 2100 mile round trip.

Last edited by Dan & Cindy; 10-24-2010 at 10:05 PM. Reason: fixed typo
Old 10-25-2010

I have had the pleasure of dealing with Powertech in Leesburg,FL. twice and found them to be very good. I also suggest that anyone near having 5000 hours on their Powertech get in to see them and have the bearing changed out. Another thing I would do is have the voltage regulator moved to where it can be easily accessed as well as the disconnect box for the wiring involved.
Old 09-26-2015
Tired and now Retired!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan & Cindy View Post
I just used Power Generation Service to diagnose and fix my generator issue. Tad was recommended by Powertech and they checked everything. They said my ATS was fine and the problem was the Voltage Regulator. It was outputting 194 volts. They first adjusted it and got it to output 229, but said it was at its max and that it should be replaced. I agreed and they did so. They had to use a universal unit, but it now works great and we are happy again!!!
GregBryantSr@gmail.com
(904) 612-3878 (Leave msg if I don't know your number)
Where is B-Hemoth?
Map of Service Centers
Map of RV Parks