Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG YouTube

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > FC (Forward Control Unique Issues) > FC Parts List

FC Parts List List your parts here, that are unique to the FC model 'Birds.

Site Search:

Old 12-09-2020

Default 1980 FC bay door light switch P/N

I realized there's this entire section for part numbers, so I've basically copied my other posting here.

Just finished replacing the in-op bay door light switches in our '80. We had three that were kind of wonky, so I went on a quest to find a nice, preferrably all-metal, replacement that would fit the hole in the side of the bus the old ones came out of and have a bullet type connector. I found it! It's a Standard Auto Parts P/N DS894. They're not terribly cheap, but are an exact replacement. I could even reuse the nuts that backed the old switches up.

I replaced two of them because they had no spring tension in them to allow them to pop out when the door was opened, completing the gound for the light to work. While fussing with the old one, I discovered that there's an outer sleeve on the outer pin part of the switch, and that seems to be the spring-loaded part. The sleeve popped out so the old switch worked as expected. Seems it was dirty/corroded to the point the sleeve would stick. I then went around and put a few drops of oil on the other two 'bad' switches, and they now work great.

So now I have working OEM switches and new switches as spares, should I ever need them. Hopefully, I won't. Anyway, here's a picture of the old one and new one side-by-side:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Storage bay switch.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	187.7 KB
ID:	72306