Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Eclipse
WOG YouTube

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Toads and Trailers General discussion and For Sale or Wanted

Toads and Trailers General discussion and For Sale or Wanted Toads general discussion and list your Toads or Trailers and others that you have found For Sale and Wanted and also discussions about them here.

Site Search:

Old 08-14-2014

Default 2010 Honda Element EX with extras

Date of ad: 8/14/2014

Location of vehicle (state, city): Helena Montana, but moving south soon, thru Idaho and Utah. Will be in Las Vegas in September, then Prescott Valley AZ. Wintering in Benson, AZ. However, I hope to sell or trade not later than Las Vegas.

Year of vehicle: 2010
Price: 18000
Miles: 44000
Make and model: Honda Element
Engine: 4 cyl.
Exterior color: Silver
Interior color: silver and black
Four-wheel drive? Front Wheel Drive
Towbar included? (What brand?) No.
Auxiliary brakes included? (What brand?) no
Air conditioning? Yes
Nonsmokers? Yes
Condition: Very Good- Excellent
Phpne: 303-999-1401
E-mail address, long form: (e.g., mike at aol.com): inflt48 AT gmail DOT com

Other notables Blue Ox base plate and tail light wiring. Honda Cabana tent and tent poles. Honda interior curtains (seats can be laid down for 10" bed. Back seats can be folded to side walls to allow air mattress. With curtains for privacy and cabana tent for dressing, it makes a super auxiliary camping vehicle). Wind deflectors. Roof rack with currently Yakima Bowdowns for Kayak carrying. Rubber mats front and rear and also for cargo area. Cargo cover. Tailgate seat back for sitting on tailgate and leaving back (while you eat, for example)
2010 Honda Element -- "Shadow"

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost." -- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Old 08-14-2014

Lee,
What year did Honda stop warranty on Element as a toad?
Thanks

Ed & Carolyn Nowokunski
95BMC37 - Thunderchief
The Great Outdoors (TGO)
Titusville, Florida
Old 08-14-2014

2005. However the same tranny is used in the Element as in the CRV, which is still supported as towable. I researched it carefully before setting it up as a toad. And I have been towing for almost 2 years without any issues.

"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost." -- J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Old 08-15-2014

Default Element

When we bought our 2008 Element I asked a guy at Honda what was different from that one and back in 2005 when it was "towable". He said nothing. He said that Honda got tired of people not following the instructions ...run it through the gears slowly starting in Park and all the way down to drive and then back to neutral and then let it run in neutral for 5 minutes, so they decided it wouldn't be "towable" so they wouldn't be responsible for any problems. He said people would get impatient and then tear up the transmission and expect replacement.

We've had our 2008 Element for over a year, follow that procedure religiously and have had no problems. I am always paranoid so if we are going over 200 miles (a long day for us) I usually am stopping somewhere along the way anyway (WalMart, rest area, whatever) so often we repeat the procedure there. Five minutes doesn't make or break our trips anyway.

Lee - 423-292-5767 or Jacque 423-262-9569
or lnjdavis@gmail.com Please call or email instead of private messages

1995 BMC 37
300 HP Cummins 6CTA 8.3 Turbocharged Diesel
Boldly Going Nowhere
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm #117
Old 08-15-2014

I do the same. The Blue Ox baseplate came with stickers cautioning how to tow your Honda, and I put them on the dash and on the visor, to help me remember.

Old 09-27-2014

We bought our 05 Element new in 06.
I knew that 05 was the last year to be covered if a tranny went out.
Had it a week and went to a junk yard and gave the rear seats to the guy.
Built a box in the back that has handled all our extra stuff for all these years.
It now has 106,000 on the speedo not counting all the towing miles we have put on it.
Just had to put a new cam ($1,000) in it as old cam was getting weak.
Now going to sell it and get a pickup (half ton) used of some kind to put my Trex on instead of pulling a trailer when we want the side by side.
Don't know yet if we will trade it in or sell it ourselfs here in the park we manage over the winter.
We will ask, probably around $7k for it since it doesn't have back seats.
"Whirlybird"
Old 09-27-2014
Not so Junior anymore

Lee, when are you coming through Idaho? The question is not car related it's just merely a matter of we are currently in Idaho making the same trip you are. Down through Utah Vegas and into Arizona.
Towed 1986 Suzuki Samurai OR 2014 Jeep jk