Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > For Sale Or Wanted > Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV

Buying a Wanderlodge, a Bluebird or any RV Ready to take the plunge or looking to upgrade and you have questions? Folks are standing by ready to help.

Site Search:

Old 10-11-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyb View Post
In any case I do not see a place to light pilots behind the fridge, nor do I know yet WHER THE FURNACES are! I see the out venting outside, and the vents inside, but have no clue where it actually is originating from, oye vey!
It's been like an Easter Egg Hunt trying to locate everything in here.
I will say the vacuum works GREAT! I was very happy about that!
If it is like my 1980 and other years that I have seen the vents to the outside go straight out from the back of the furnaces and the inside vents come straight from the front of the furnaces. I have one under the roadside couch, one under the drawers in the kitchen cabinet, and one under the bed. I have never heard of any pilots to light behind the fridge, Fridge pilot on older models (like mine) lights from the front inside the fridge and I believe the later ones use electronic ignition. Stove pilot is controlled by oven control and lights with a match under the stove top. Furnaces are electronic ignition.
HTH
Dave

THE SHORT BUS
(She's Just a Little Slow)
Old 10-11-2015
1983 FC 35 "Casa Billisa"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTW1086@cox.net View Post
If it is like my 1980 and other years that I have seen the vents to the outside go straight out from the back of the furnaces and the inside vents come straight from the front of the furnaces. I have one under the roadside couch, one under the drawers in the kitchen cabinet, and one under the bed. I have never heard of any pilots to light behind the fridge, Fridge pilot on older models (like mine) lights from the front inside the fridge and I believe the later ones use electronic ignition. Stove pilot is controlled by oven control and lights with a match under the stove top. Furnaces are electronic ignition.
HTH
Dave
Adding to this, there are line shut offs for each furnace. These may be behind refrigerator accessed from outside or inside at the magnetic access panel bellow draws in galley for forward and galley furnace and at the the furnace in rear. The cooktop shutoff is at stove top beneath SS panel. Need to be sure gas shut off solenoid functions correctly for safety.
St. Petersburg, Florida
Wanderlodge Social: https://mewe.com/profile/5bfc750ae760be22b1797898

Last edited by NH Bill; 10-11-2015 at 08:18 PM.
Old 10-11-2015

Thanks!
Yep I'd like to have a pro check the has lines. It's going to get cold soon, and it would be nice to use the stove top.
"Wing-In-It!"
Old 10-11-2015

Is there gas in the tank? Did you open the valve?
Cape Cod,ma
Old 10-11-2015

It does over half full.. And yes. I need to get the switch that goes on panel under the fridge.. It's not there.
"Wing-In-It!"
Old 10-11-2015
1983 FC 35 "Casa Billisa"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyb View Post
It does over half full.. And yes. I need to get the switch that goes on panel under the fridge.. It's not there.

Review this thread

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.co...ad.php?t=11727
St. Petersburg, Florida
Wanderlodge Social: https://mewe.com/profile/5bfc750ae760be22b1797898
Old 10-16-2015

Well...found the wires under the fridge for the sensor are dead
On the up hand...the mechanic managed to beat the steering problem. Unfortunately the "proper" filter doesn't let enough fluid through to cool properly. If anyone knows of one that's NOT paper (microns are too small), but sponge or other material it may help. He set the frame in the front straight, adjusted the pitman (it was really off), and popits... oh I had a bad air valve up front, so he fixed that, and adjusted the airbags. He also tightened up the steering column. It's a different bird all together now! He said he sees why the CA shop gave up.
As for the Gen..the drawer doesn't stay put. The handle latch that's suppose to be on it (from what I've read) wasn't there. Some yea hoo had just shoved a bolt in a hole expecting it to hold. SO, a mechanic here is creating a new latch, and my old 5th wheel pull is going to be the handle to it.
They've hardly charged for the work done. Minimal hours and the parts! I am AMAZED!
I'm still afraid to tow a car as the pivot point is so far back. If anyone has tips it would help. In the mean time, I guess I'll find a place to park when the latch on the gen is done, and have my son run me back for the car I picked up at auction.
Maybe I'll get lucky and find someone at an RV park who knows the propane systems on Birds and can help me out.
This has been a learning experience for all of us, and the one guy has worked on military buses, etc... SO, if you have these problems with yours, I know a place you can go in Bellingham, WA. They told me that my patience is why they didn't charge as much. I told them where else did I need to go? LOL!
"Wing-In-It!"