Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Good, Bad, and Ugly > Vendors

Vendors Share feedback of your experiences, good or bad, with different vendors you have dealt with.

Site Search:

Old 02-06-2019
Goat rails in the sunset

Default Empire CAT

Recomended: Empire CAT, Blythe California

http://www.empire-tnt.com/Locations/Blythe/

I bought an alternator in Yuma because mine quit charging. I wanted to do the work, so I took it to the rally at Quartzsite but discovered that I've gone soft, my body's not up to it. Oh well, so I realize I'm getting old and prefer too pay someone. I called Empire CAT as the nearest CAT shop to Quartzsite, its a half-hour west, easy access from I-10. They said be there the next morning at 8 AM PST. The shop assigned a guy to do it, and he was on the money. Two-ish hours later he was done. Best $270 I could have thrown at it, they were so good at servicing CAT pusher configuration you'd think they did a lot of 'em. But they're a truck and trailer shop. I would go back for CAT work, and they were happy to install parts I brought with me. No hint of selling me up, no padding the bill, no recommending additional repairs, just straight honest hard dirty work. Thanks Empire!
Portsmouth, Va
Old 02-06-2019

Perfect!!
1982 FC35 SB-----SOLD.
Old 02-06-2019

Glad you got it done Ned. Trying to do that in Texarkana or somewhere else along the way would have been more stress about missing Quartzite.

Empire Truck / CAT machinery might be one of the descendants of the original CAT founding dealers. Lots of history with Caterpillar and the taming of the “Inland Empire”.

Max.

96 BMC 40' Sold
2008 HaulMark Super C S&S
Freightliner Chassis w/ 515hp S60 & 12sp Ultrashift

Last edited by max hendrix; 02-06-2019 at 01:12 PM. Reason: More info
Old 02-06-2019

Here is a blurb from their company website...

Empire Truck & Trailer is the on-highway division of Empire Southwest LLC. Empire Southwest is a third-generation, family owned company founded in 1950 as an Oregon Caterpillar® dealership and moved to Arizona in 1959.

In the decades since, Empire has been an active partner in the state’s growth and development, supporting southwestern construction, trucking, mining and agriculture professionals and the communities they serve. Empire Southwest is headquartered on a 50-acre Mesa campus, and currently has 18 locations throughout Arizona, southeastern California and northern Mexico.

Along with sales, rental and comprehensive service support for machinery and power systems from leading manufacturers, Empire offers a wide range of additional products and services. The company’s Transport, Hydraulic Services, Renewable Energy and Precision Machining divisions were created to meet specific client needs.
1993 Automate FW SOLD
1984 Toyota Dolphin
Old 02-06-2019

Owning a Cat dealership is better than winning the lottery. There are less independent dealers today as the smaller ones get bought up by the big boys. Cat likes it that way.

1988 PT38 La Reina Gitana II
Old 02-06-2019

John Deere is doing that to their small operations also. Corporate wants them to consolidate and become “Mega-Dealers””. The days of a small dealership are rapidly drawing to a close. Kinda like farming or trucking or lots of other things. It’s called “ Get Big or Get Out”

Efficiency of scale is what drives it. I didn’t say I like it but it’s what we will see more of in the future.

I would like to talk about John Deere licensing their equipment to operators but would probably get in trouble with the moderators The future ( 1984– George Orwell ) is coming about 40 years later than was predicted.

96 BMC 40' Sold
2008 HaulMark Super C S&S
Freightliner Chassis w/ 515hp S60 & 12sp Ultrashift

Last edited by max hendrix; 02-06-2019 at 07:24 PM. Reason: SP