Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
WOG Gear

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Takin' it Easy > Under The Awning

Under The Awning Here is where you can carry on a conversation, just like............well, like you were sitting under your awning at the campsite.

Site Search:
View Poll Results: Some are having issues with this thread, help us by answering this poll
Close this thread 4 4.49%
Add a moderator to moderate all posts, before allowing it in this thread or moving it to a new one. 6 6.74%
Leave it as it is. 79 88.76%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 Week Ago

Default FC exhaust blankets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelwheels View Post
Hey Bill, where’d you get the blankets ?
Advanced Thermal Products (ATP) in California. They have the patterns for the 87-89 FC in their system thanks to a bird owner named Robert Britton. Ask for Roberto, he’s very familiar with the product and installation. Good quality product, pricey. I went with high temp blankets for turbo, elbows, and pipe. Heard the manifold pieces were a pain to install so I haven’t touched that yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	22693E84-ED0A-4F0E-97CD-8206057B020F.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	196.4 KB
ID:	60166  

Bill & Tracy Lott
87 FC35 "Traveller"
Shalimar, Florida
Old 1 Week Ago

Very nice Bill. I love a clean engine.

Fort Myers, Florida

1983 FC35 3208T "Gen X Express"
1980 Camaro TOAD

danahcks@aol.com
Old 1 Week Ago

ATP does excellent work!
I brought 2 stainless exhaust pipes about 6ft long, 3 bends, to their shop so they could fabricate an exact fit. Still in perfect shape 6yrs later. Plus it made the engine room in my boat look much nicer!
Old 1 Week Ago

Took a group of kids from a local sailing center I support down to the US National Toboggan Championship in Camden today. Even got stuck riding the thing with them...got her up to 34mph in the chute before being shot across the ice. Wind was gusting up to the high 30kts. today! I hope spring has sprung for you all and your spring maintenance is going splendidly!

Last edited by Revision; 1 Week Ago at 10:55 PM.
Old 1 Week Ago
Forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Latitude View Post
Advanced Thermal Products (ATP) in California. They have the patterns for the 87-89 FC in their system thanks to a bird owner named Robert Britton. Ask for Roberto, he’s very familiar with the product and installation. Good quality product, pricey. I went with high temp blankets for turbo, elbows, and pipe. Heard the manifold pieces were a pain to install so I haven’t touched that yet.
Right on! thats nice!

Randy Dupree
2000 LXI 43
Bainbridge,Ga.
Archer Fl.
www.buybyebluebird.com

randy@randydupree.com
Old 1 Week Ago

Default Shadow Work

Today I actually got some time to work on Shadow. I investigated and found the EL inverters for the dash, they are in the cabinet where the drawers are between the driver and co-pilot. My dash lights up for a few seconds and then goes dark, it has worked for extended periods (hours) on previous trips. I will probe and see if the inverters are getting power and what they are producing. I have some spare inverters, so I think the prognosis is good.

I replaced the kitchen fluorescent lights - the ones over the counter - with two strips of LEDs. I bought some high CRI LEDs from superbright leds dot com, and so far am happy with them. The high CRI ( Color Rendition Index ) should make them very good light for seeing colors which I think will help with cooking. The original fluorescents used about 2 Amps each, and the two strips of LEDs use two Amps total, and produce more light than the fluorescents as measured with a light meter.

I also replaced the over-couch up pointing fluorescents with one strip of LEDs and also the non-driver over-couch down pointing light. I will do the driver light tomorrow.

I removed the ballasts as I went along, and I am currently back feeding ground from the inverter area to the LEDs, I am taking power from the +12 wire that went to one end of the fluorescent tube ( which wire also back-feeds the inverter ). I think tomorrow I will change the ground from the inverter ground to the ground supplied for the rope light. Then I can completely disconnect the wires that go to the inverter box and tape them up.

I drew a schematic of the original wiring, and will be drawing another of the replacement wiring.

I will post an article in the electrical LED lighting thread with this info, and also include the specific LED tape that I used since there are a variety of different outputs per foot available.

I also fixed a speaker wire for the right front speaker, so I was rocking out while working.

I also put in a 3 outlet box behind the dash ( 3 cigarette lighter outlets ) so I got the Sirius satellite radio working ( I still need to run the antenna wire through the roof - I just ran it out the door for now ) and also have outlets for the TPMS system and a GPS.

I took a bunch of pictures, I will post them in the electrical thread in the morning.

All in all a good day!
1988 PT 40 "Silver Shadow"
88 Jeep Cherokee "Indy"
Old 1 Week Ago

Replaced the front air bags today. Doesn't sound like much work if you say it fast. The job was made much easier by my Tite-Reach. Nice to be able to take the top nuts off with an impact. Every toolbox should have a set. http://www.tite-reach.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190211_162537520.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	199.1 KB
ID:	60196  
1986 PT40 8v92
"Sturdy Birdy"
http://www.bbirdmaps.com/user1.cfm?user=352
ce@pinelandplantation.com
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap View Post
Replaced the front air bags today. Doesn't sound like much work if you say it fast. The job was made much easier by my Tite-Reach. Nice to be able to take the top nuts off with an impact. Every toolbox should have a set. http://www.tite-reach.com
Oh man I know what I'm buying tonight!
Old 1 Week Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap View Post

I have never heard of such a thing but wow! looks SUPER handy!
Old 1 Week Ago

Did not know they existed, I ordered a set tonight.