Wanderlodge Owners Group  
BuyByeBlueBird.com
Donate

Go Back   Wanderlodge Owners Group > Mechanic's Corner > PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues)

PT & WB (Twin Axle Pusher Unique Issues) If you have a unique issue with your PT or WB model coach and it can't be answered in one of the other forums here, then this is where you can list it....list your PT Parts here too.

Site Search:

Old 5 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick Miller View Post
I did break a line last summer, but the repair was not too involved. I didn’t do it myself, but the repair shop made a hose and we were off.

That might explain the continued problem with oil or transmission fluid being blown out the back. On my drive between Americus GA and Pensacola, my clean toad was, once again sprayed with some viscous material. I’m sitting on a clean concrete slab in a campground with nary a leak in sight. The transmission fluid was down past the bottom of the dipstick but the engine oil level is fine. If I had a pit, I think I could find and repair this thing.

As of now, it remains a mystery.
Is there any oil on the back hatch at all? I was thinking about then I overfilled the trans and the oil came out of the dipstick tube. But it soaked the back hatch. This sounds more like a pressurized line that may only be spraying when it has pressure on it. I would think that it would be dripping though. Have you looked under all the way front to back? Maybe it is up front, maybe the power steering line and its spraying and being carried to the back? I know that the PT's are susceptible to blowing power steering hoses. This is an interesting mystery.

Jeff LoGiudice
1984LodgeJeff@gmail.com
Temple Terrace, Florida
1984 Bluebird PT40
#F063411 6V92TA & MT654CR
& 1986 MCI 102A3
6V92TA & HT740

http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm #460
Old 4 Days Ago

No oil or fluid leakage in the rear hatch. Dusty, but dry. I’m on a fresh concrete pad and, at last, I am seeing what I think is transmission fluid slowly dripping. I think I can reach the spot to verify, but if it is transmission fluid finding and repairing the leak should be relatively easy.

Stay tuned.
Old 1 Day Ago

Well, the bad news first: I had a truck service guy here in Americus crawl up under to see if he saw more leaks and he did. He said one appears to be coming from a seal and the other is a drip from a "weep hole" in the transmission casing itself. He specifically said it is not coming from the bell housing, but from what looks like a factory weep hole. I'm thinking more and more that this is the result of overheating the transmission last summer when the line broke.

Absent any better advice, I'm going to take it to Four Star Freightliner in Albany, GA. They are an authorized dealer and repair center for Allison. I have no point of reference from this dealer except that apparently, they took over warranty and service and sales from WW Williams when they closed in Albany.

I'm not sure this is a job for a shade tree mechanic and I'm leaning on not driving it too far, so this might be my best shot.

I've talked with several of you on the telephone and most seem to feel this is the route to take.

Any advice or comments before I pull this most major trigger? Thanks

Oh yes, I guess there's not a lot of good news.
Old 1 Day Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick Miller View Post
Well, the bad news first: I had a truck service guy here in Americus crawl up under to see if he saw more leaks and he did. He said one appears to be coming from a seal and the other is a drip from a "weep hole" in the transmission casing itself. He specifically said it is not coming from the bell housing, but from what looks like a factory weep hole. I'm thinking more and more that this is the result of overheating the transmission last summer when the line broke.

Absent any better advice, I'm going to take it to Four Star Freightliner in Albany, GA. They are an authorized dealer and repair center for Allison. I have no point of reference from this dealer except that apparently, they took over warranty and service and sales from WW Williams when they closed in Albany.

I'm not sure this is a job for a shade tree mechanic and I'm leaning on not driving it too far, so this might be my best shot.

I've talked with several of you on the telephone and most seem to feel this is the route to take.

Any advice or comments before I pull this most major trigger? Thanks

Oh yes, I guess there's not a lot of good news.
Hmm, the weep hole thing has me scratching my head... I am just not sure about a weep hole on a transmission, but hopefully sounds like you are taking it somewhere they should know.. maybe someone removed a plug and forgot to put it back in?

Jeff LoGiudice
1984LodgeJeff@gmail.com
Temple Terrace, Florida
1984 Bluebird PT40
#F063411 6V92TA & MT654CR
& 1986 MCI 102A3
6V92TA & HT740

http://www.bbirdmaps.com/index.cfm #460